Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you think G5 is approaching its end?

Rafa Stary

Having been thinking about it for a while, I don't know what to expect from the future of the G5, but I'm feeling that it won't last long, more specifically that it's going to end in 2025, and I'll tell why.

1. Tell Your Tale was officially confirmed to continue into 2025, well, now, why 2025? If this generation was supposed to last much linger I think it would make more sense for them not to specify a year and just say that the series would continue for a few more years, maybe TyT will be renewed after 2025? Maybe, but I think it's very convenient that they specifically say 2025, and they just say the year 2025, they don't say month, that means it's guaranteed that TyT will continue until the end of 2025, it could end sooner, I think this is especially suspicious due to another factor that I will mention below.

2. Hasbro's contract with Discovery Family expires in 2025, specifically at March 2025, this and the previous subject make the situation extremely suspicious for me, again, I wouldn't think much about it if a year wasn't specified, but they did specify, and why 2025? Why the same year where Hasbro's contract with Discovery ends? In care you don't know what this contract have to do with MLP, due to it, Discovery literally still owns part of G4's content, that means a lot of characters and other stuff from that generations can't be used by Hasbro in the animations, that's why MyM felt limited on its references to G4. Why Tell your Tale wasn't confirmed to continue after 2025? What is Hasbro planning to do after March 2025?

3. Tell your Tale will continue, okay, but what about other G5 content? We are still getting new games and comics, but there is no new movie, no 3D show, Make your Mark is over, there's nothing about a incoming new 3D show, not saying that it can't happen, but so far, there's nothing, TyT is alone now, I know some people from the staff said that might there still be a chance that a new 3D series will be made, but honestly, that doesn't mean anything for me, If Hasbro doesn't want it, it won't be the desire of someone from the staff that will make it happen.

4. Starting from here I'll enter the speculation territory, well, Tell Your Tale during Season 1 was originally thought as a minor project, MyM was the main series, with the purpose of making the story progress, showing the most important events, introducing new characters, locations and development. TyT's episodes were pretty much the fillers, with little to no relevants stuff for the story, that's why there were the recap episodes retelling the events of MyM. Now that MyM is over, TyT has to do its job, and it is already happening in Season 2, important events as Misty's discovering the secret room, Twitch supposedly betraying Allura, Sunny and Zipp returning to Opaline's Castle ruins to find a carpet of "Skyros" on it...All of these being shown in TyT convinces me that they aren't planning for a new 3D show, and they are in fact using TyT now to make the story progress. And don't forget the confirmed 20 minutes specials for TyT (I think they confirmed 4? Can't remember)

5. Misty's Room, a room that has stained glass arts showing events from the previous generations, including G1, and well, some are theorizing that this room could imply that we could be introduced to the Multiverse in the future, and as far as I know, the Multiverse concept is usually used as a tool for rebooting a story or "finale" scenarios, it's not every time, but it's oftenly used for that purpose. If this room is indeed meant to be related to the Multiverse, and they are already presenting it to us this early into the Second Season of TyT, then it's because they are already planning to use it for a upcoming big story, which could lead to this generation's conclusion.

6. Not only they are supposedly hinting on the Multiverse, as they also already started hinting on Skyros, this place is know to be where Alicorns live, or at least used to live, they are really making a mystery about it, and this could be the place where Twilight and the other Princesses (if they're still alive) could have taken refuge, but Discovery likely still owns the rights of these characters, so they wouldn't be able to use them prior to April 2025, if that is correct, and the Princesses are indeed there, then they are talking about Skyros really soon here.

7. You might say that G5 still has a lot to show, but what if I say it doesn't? Honestly, I feel that they don't have much to explore, I can say that because of the sluggish story progress and worldbuilding TyT has been offering us, for me that suggests that they aren't planning very much for the future of this generation, they are tirelessly making episodes of the Main cast and Maretime Bay, Zephyr Heights was forgotten, Bridlewood rarely appears, Starlight Ridge and the Isle of Scaly are now in limbo along with their inhabitants, I really think that they're making it feel very slow on purpose because they don't have that much to show, so they're milking the main cast and Maretime Bay as much as they can before jumping into new territory, and return to the other places as well, plus, stop for a second and try to remember about characters like Queen Raven, Alphabittle, Comet..where are them? That's my point.

So that's it, all of these (specially the first three) are extremely suspicious to me and are seriously making me feel that they don't plan to continue with G5 after 2025, I don't know what Hasbro is planning for it after March 2025, they'll be free to use anything from G4 and do all crazy stuff they want. You can try to say that it's still to soon for G5 to end, and well, indeed, G5 is still only 2 years and a half old, but when comparing it to previous generations (mainly the pre-G4 ones), I would like to actually not use how many years it lasted as a reference, but rather the amount of content it received during its run.

I still need to see all of the first gens, but based on my research.

• All we got for G1 was a TV show with 26 episodes and two pilots, a tv show with 13 episodes and a Movie.
  • G2 got nothing.
  • G3 got episodes of varying lengths from 5 to 20 minutes.
  • Now let's see what G5 got. A full Movie, 27 episodes of a 3D animated series (and remember that four of them are 40 minutes long) and 70 episodes of 5 minutes 2D shorts (in a 20 minutes format, that would be 17 episodes, more than the half of a season), and if Season 2 will last til 2025, then we can assume that we'll get 70 episodes for this Season as well, that means more 17 episodes, more than a full season.

For me that is a really good run for a generation, if people think this is still not enough I believe they're comparing it to G4 which indeed, had a monstruous amount of content, but G4 was a success that just can't compare to the previous generations, G5 is definitely not a flop but compared to G4 it's almost nothing, so I think it's unfair to compare it to G4, compared to the first three, it's doing very well, a gen doesn't need to last over a decade, and it ending after offerring all of these content sounds perfectly fine, at least for me :oh_golly:

So what do you think? You think the end of G5 is near too or you think that this generation has just started? 

• Brohoof 3

I feel like 2025 is going to be the make or break year for G5. And that Hasbro will either continue it at the end of that year or end it and move on to G6 depending on how well it does this year and the next. I expect we'll get the rest of TYT season 2, maybe a season 3 of TYT, and another video game set in Bridlewood Forest by the end of 2025. I'd really like to see a new 3D show, or at least a show with a more traditional episode format in 2025, but I don't think it's going to happen.

All that content combined with what we already have should be more than enough for Hasbro to decide if they want to keep G5 around a bit longer like G4 or move on.

And regardless of what does end up happening, I really hope G6 doesn't just end up being a reboot of G4. Which was the original concept for G5 if I recall correctly. If anything I'd want G6 to be completely removed from the previous gens because I feel like it just adds unnecessary baggage otherwise.

• Brohoof 1

I haven't seen it, the last G5 media I watched was the G5 movie. However, I do know a few things. Hasbro will not hesitate to abandon the MLP franchise if they continuously receive losses. Also it might not end due to the fanbase, but the fanbase is declining in and of itself from what I've noticed. Ultimately, it looks as if MLP in general is struggling with the official content and more people are losing interest as a result. Honestly though, I don't know what the future holds for MLP, could be good or could be bad. Out of speculation, official content will come to an end but the fandom will continue on for awhile.

• Shocked 1
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, IgnitedEnergy said:

I haven't seen it, the last G5 media I watched was the G5 movie. However, I do know a few things. Hasbro will not hesitate to abandon the MLP franchise if they continuously receive losses. Also it might not end due to the fanbase, but the fanbase is declining in and of itself from what I've noticed. Ultimately, it looks as if MLP in general is struggling with the official content and more people are losing interest as a result. Honestly though, I don't know what the future holds for MLP, could be good or could be bad. Out of speculation, official content will come to an end but the fandom will continue on for awhile.

Damn I sure hope it doesn't happen, I always like to have new official content of a series, some people may think they can live only with new fan-made content or revisiting old content over and over but I'm definitely not one of them, unfortunately your point really makes sense :worry:

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 1

God, I hope it's not over yet. If Hasbro ends G5 without telling us what happened to literally everyone from G4, I'm gonna be pissed. We need to see Cadence or Flurryheart, or Discord, or anyone. Spike isn't enough. I get how not receiving much content would lead to the end of G5, but let's remember that Hasbro makes other shows too. They could be working on multiple big projects and not have time for MLP at the moment. But if G5 does suddenly end, we NEED to know what happened to everyone from G4. Otherwise I'm gonna flip out.

Also, what the hell would G6 even look like. Would it be in the future too? Or would they create a new timeline?

• Brohoof 1

After March 2025, Hasbro should (hopefully) have enough money to get their shows re-acquired by Netflix upon their departure from Discovery Family, since Season 1 of G4 is still currently streaming worldwide. As long as it stays there, there's still a chance G4 can come back.

• Brohoof 2

26 minutes ago, FirePuppy said:

After March 2025, Hasbro should (hopefully) have enough money to get their shows re-acquired by Netflix upon their departure from Discovery Family, since Season 1 of G4 is still currently streaming worldwide. As long as it stays there, there's still a chance G4 can come back.

It would be cool if that returned. Especially with seeing a new season about Luster Dawn potentially.

2 hours ago, Lawyer Slip said:

It would be cool if that returned. Especially with seeing a new season about Luster Dawn potentially.

That isn't what I want. What I mean is, they should bring back the rights for streaming of G4 content.

• Brohoof 1

10 minutes ago, FirePuppy said:

That isn't what I want. What I mean is, they should bring back the rights for streaming of G4 content.

Oh. My bad.

Wait Netflix has seasons 1-4 and all episodes are all on YouTube. Why would they go back to streaming it?

1 minute ago, Lawyer Slip said:

Oh. My bad.

Wait Netflix has seasons 1-4 and all episodes are all on YouTube. Why would they go back to streaming it?

I meant worldwide. In most countries, you only get one season. I'm suspecting that Hasbro's contract with DF is what's preventing Netflix from being able to get the rest of the series. Not only that, Rainbow Roadtrip still needs a lot more dubs than what it has so far.

2 minutes ago, FirePuppy said:

I meant worldwide. In most countries, you only get one season. I'm suspecting that Hasbro's contract with DF is what's preventing Netflix from being able to get the rest of the series. Not only that, Rainbow Roadtrip still needs a lot more dubs than what it has so far.

Oh ok that makes more sense. Thanks for the Clarification.

Personally, I would not be so dis-satisfied if they decide to end G5 in 2025. I think that it has gotten a good run, sure, it hasn't gotten as much success as G4 due to various reasons but for what it is I think it has done fairly well. TYT suffers from too many filler episodes that milk the main cast and Maretime Bay, and it would benefit a lot from branching out into other areas of the show's world. Would also be better if they could change it from 5 minute episodes to at least 10 or 20 minute ones. I would rather have less frequent but longer episodes, and if they could do that, it would really solve my main gripe with TYT. I don't want them to lean into anything else from G4, because from what is said so far could easily lean into an AU G4, I don't want or need to know what happened to everyone in G4 as I prefer to leave that a mystery. 

Anyway, I am hoping for G6 to be something different. G6 could completely reset the board with all new characters, all new world, all new plots. I think the potential for that is exciting, and we should move on with a completely new world to look forward to. 

• Brohoof 2

48 minutes ago, Props Valroa said:

Personally, I would not be so dis-satisfied if they decide to end G5 in 2025. I think that it has gotten a good run, sure, it hasn't gotten as much success as G4 due to various reasons but for what it is I think it has done fairly well. TYT suffers from too many filler episodes that milk the main cast and Maretime Bay, and it would benefit a lot from branching out into other areas of the show's world. Would also be better if they could change it from 5 minute episodes to at least 10 or 20 minute ones. I would rather have less frequent but longer episodes, and if they could do that, it would really solve my main gripe with TYT. I don't want them to lean into anything else from G4, because from what is said so far could easily lean into an AU G4, I don't want or need to know what happened to everyone in G4 as I prefer to leave that a mystery. 

Anyway, I am hoping for G6 to be something different. G6 could completely reset the board with all new characters, all new world, all new plots. I think the potential for that is exciting, and we should move on with a completely new world to look forward to. 

That is, if Hasbro does ever announce a G6. But right now, nothing official has been announced past Tell Your Tale in late 2024.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Props Valroa said:

That is, if Hasbro does ever plan on making a new generation with completely new characters and world, I still doubt they wouldn't want to reuse stuff from G4 or make a reboot of it, G5 was already a good demonstration for me that they aren't confident with new a cast and world. There's the possibility that G5 itself is actually a filler, in the sense that they tried to fill the gap between the End of FiM and the end of the contract with Discovery with new content for a generation that is new but that makes references to G4 to see if it would give some return while they cannot use G4 the way as they want (maybe Pony Life had that purpose too, but not independently)

6 hours ago, Lawyer Slip said:

God, I hope it's not over yet. If Hasbro ends G5 without telling us what happened to literally everyone from G4, I'm gonna be pissed. We need to see Cadence or Flurryheart, or Discord, or anyone. Spike isn't enough. I get how not receiving much content would lead to the end of G5, but let's remember that Hasbro makes other shows too. They could be working on multiple big projects and not have time for MLP at the moment. But if G5 does suddenly end, we NEED to know what happened to everyone from G4. Otherwise I'm gonna flip out.

I think Hasbro will not hesitate to use G4 characters after the contract with Discovery expires, so I think there's no need for to worry about it, the chance that they re going to show up again is big.

Also, what the hell would G6 even look like. Would it be in the future too? Or would they create a new timeline?

No idea, I just strongly believe that whatever G6 is, it's very possible that it will have something from G4.

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, Lawyer Slip said:

my hope is that it'll just be a reboot of the previous generations like G4 was. 

also, i know this is a toy franchise for little girls at the end of the day, but still, as someone who writes children's books for a living, i wish Hasbro would put more effort into their tie-in content.

8 hours ago, Lawyer Slip said:

God, I hope it's not over yet. If Hasbro ends G5 without telling us what happened to literally everyone from G4, I'm gonna be pissed.

Well if that happens I am off the G5 train for good!

23 minutes ago, Rock-O-Jello said:

my hope is that it'll just be a reboot of the previous generations like G4 was. 

also, i know this is a toy franchise for little girls at the end of the day, but still, as someone who writes children's books for a living, i wish Hasbro would put more effort into their tie-in content.

I agree with your statement about Hasbro, but let's be honest. We all know this is for little girls, and yet here we are, talking on a forum post about it.

20 hours ago, Rafa Stary said:

Having been thinking about it for a while, I don't know what to expect from the future of the G5, but I'm feeling that it won't last long, more specifically that it's going to end in 2025, and I'll tell why.

1. Tell Your Tale was officially confirmed to continue into 2025, well, now, why 2025? If this generation was supposed to last much linger I think it would make more sense for them not to specify a year and just say that the series would continue for a few more years, maybe TyT will be renewed after 2025? Maybe, but I think it's very convenient that they specifically say 2025, and they just say the year 2025, they don't say month, that means it's guaranteed that TyT will continue until the end of 2025, it could end sooner, I think this is especially suspicious due to another factor that I will mention below.

2. Hasbro's contract with Discovery Family expires in 2025, specifically at March 2025, this and the previous subject make the situation extremely suspicious for me, again, I wouldn't think much about it if a year wasn't specified, but they did specify, and why 2025? Why the same year where Hasbro's contract with Discovery ends? In care you don't know what this contract have to do with MLP, due to it, Discovery literally still owns part of G4's content, that means a lot of characters and other stuff from that generations can't be used by Hasbro in the animations, that's why MyM felt limited on its references to G4. Why Tell your Tale wasn't confirmed to continue after 2025? What is Hasbro planning to do after March 2025?

3. Tell your Tale will continue, okay, but what about other G5 content? We are still getting new games and comics, but there is no new movie, no 3D show, Make your Mark is over, there's nothing about a incoming new 3D show, not saying that it can't happen, but so far, there's nothing, TyT is alone now, I know some people from the staff said that might there still be a chance that a new 3D series will be made, but honestly, that doesn't mean anything for me, If Hasbro doesn't want it, it won't be the desire of someone from the staff that will make it happen.

4. Starting from here I'll enter the speculation territory, well, Tell Your Tale during Season 1 was originally thought as a minor project, MyM was the main series, with the purpose of making the story progress, showing the most important events, introducing new characters, locations and development. TyT's episodes were pretty much the fillers, with little to no relevants stuff for the story, that's why there were the recap episodes retelling the events of MyM. Now that MyM is over, TyT has to do its job, and it is already happening in Season 2, important events as Misty's discovering the secret room, Twitch supposedly betraying Allura, Sunny and Zipp returning to Opaline's Castle ruins to find a carpet of "Skyros" on it...All of these being shown in TyT convinces me that they aren't planning for a new 3D show, and they are in fact using TyT now to make the story progress. And don't forget the confirmed 20 minutes specials for TyT (I think they confirmed 4? Can't remember)

5. Misty's Room, a room that has stained glass arts showing events from the previous generations, including G1, and well, some are theorizing that this room could imply that we could be introduced to the Multiverse in the future, and as far as I know, the Multiverse concept is usually used as a tool for rebooting a story or "finale" scenarios, it's not every time, but it's oftenly used for that purpose. If this room is indeed meant to be related to the Multiverse, and they are already presenting it to us this early into the Second Season of TyT, then it's because they are already planning to use it for a upcoming big story, which could lead to this generation's conclusion.

6. Not only they are supposedly hinting on the Multiverse, as they also already started hinting on Skyros, this place is know to be where Alicorns live, or at least used to live, they are really making a mystery about it, and this could be the place where Twilight and the other Princesses (if they're still alive) could have taken refuge, but Discovery likely still owns the rights of these characters, so they wouldn't be able to use them prior to April 2025, if that is correct, and the Princesses are indeed there, then they are talking about Skyros really soon here.

7. You might say that G5 still has a lot to show, but what if I say it doesn't? Honestly, I feel that they don't have much to explore, I can say that because of the sluggish story progress and worldbuilding TyT has been offering us, for me that suggests that they aren't planning very much for the future of this generation, they are tirelessly making episodes of the Main cast and Maretime Bay, Zephyr Heights was forgotten, Bridlewood rarely appears, Starlight Ridge and the Isle of Scaly are now in limbo along with their inhabitants, I really think that they're making it feel very slow on purpose because they don't have that much to show, so they're milking the main cast and Maretime Bay as much as they can before jumping into new territory, and return to the other places as well, plus, stop for a second and try to remember about characters like Queen Raven, Alphabittle, Comet..where are them? That's my point.

So that's it, all of these (specially the first three) are extremely suspicious to me and are seriously making me feel that they don't plan to continue with G5 after 2025, I don't know what Hasbro is planning for it after March 2025, they'll be free to use anything from G4 and do all crazy stuff they want. You can try to say that it's still to soon for G5 to end, and well, indeed, G5 is still only 2 years and a half old, but when comparing it to previous generations (mainly the pre-G4 ones), I would like to actually not use how many years it lasted as a reference, but rather the amount of content it received during its run.

I still need to see all of the first gens, but based on my research.

• All we got for G1 was a TV show with 26 episodes and two pilots, a tv show with 13 episodes and a Movie.
  • G2 got nothing.
  • G3 got episodes of varying lengths from 5 to 20 minutes.
  • Now let's see what G5 got. A full Movie, 27 episodes of a 3D animated series (and remember that four of them are 40 minutes long) and 70 episodes of 5 minutes 2D shorts (in a 20 minutes format, that would be 17 episodes, more than the half of a season), and if Season 2 will last til 2025, then we can assume that we'll get 70 episodes for this Season as well, that means more 17 episodes, more than a full season.

For me that is a really good run for a generation, if people think this is still not enough I believe they're comparing it to G4 which indeed, had a monstruous amount of content, but G4 was a success that just can't compare to the previous generations, G5 is definitely not a flop but compared to G4 it's almost nothing, so I think it's unfair to compare it to G4, compared to the first three, it's doing very well, a gen doesn't need to last over a decade, and it ending after offerring all of these content sounds perfectly fine, at least for me :oh_golly:

So what do you think? You think the end of G5 is near too or you think that this generation has just started? 

Seriously though if Misty’s book leads to a MLP Multiverse then the story of G5 would be saved! 

• Delighted Giggle 1

(edited)

Honestly it's all up in the air based on how Hasbro has been running things. 

First off, G5 has had a great run with two long running animated series and a movie that made a global impact. Up to this point, every generation has made their own impact one way or another.

Based on everything that we have seen, it's quite possible that G5 could keep running through 2025 or wrap up for good. Honestly, it's already had a longer run in comparison to the other generations except G4. If they decided to end things next year, I am just glad for all the great little moments and adventures we had with the G5 cast. People are quick to compare G5 and G4 when they really shouldn't. They both have their weaknesses, but they are both equally great in their own ways.

I recall seeing a year ago that G5 as a whole had several hundred million to over around a billion social media interactions across all platforms up through the end of 2023. TYT alone had around 200 million views up to May 2023 based on the graphic provided in that first link. I can't imagine what that number looks now especially if they decide to end it.

Would it be ending early? Maybe? No? I don't know honestly as we don't really know what else is in store for the future of G5. They showed some new things in the animated shows recently, but who knows if they will really expand upon that. Take Spike coming back for example. People thought that would somehow lead the G5 cast to finding Twilight and other G4 characters, but very little happened and I heard people were disappointed that not much came of it.That was really short lived and I haven't heard anything else about Spike even coming back to do anything else. Who can really say Skyros or anything else will do a lot of world building? It's possible that Skyros could lead to the finale of Sunny's arc/G5.

There were other original plot lines in the comic book format(like discord actually showing up and giving us the details on what happened to the G4 cast), but who knows if those will ever see the light of day in the animated format. G5 definitely made a big splash on it's own globally despite being a part of the G4 timeline. Could it go down a multiverse route and finish up by next year, maybe. I cannot even comprehend or imagine how G6 would look like, but it would probably be a soft reboot/refresh in comparison to G4 and G5. I would think that they would keep some of the same ideas from those previous two gens as they were very successful in their own right.

The TYT announcement looks like an ambiguous placeholder date.  There's a possibility that they could have a new show in the works after this season of TYT finishes around Spring 2025 which is around the time that contract expires. That or they simply meant the current season is going to run through that date and they will probably just renew it for a third season as get closer to the date, which I can see it happening too. The 2D animation studio is fairly cheap and they don't have the movie cast so it's not costing them as much to produce, plus it's making huge numbers which is why season 2 of TYT even exists.

As for the contract expiring, if there is no extension or option to renew - then Hasbro has to decide what they want to do with the previous MLP content and if they want to put more of it worldwide as (someone else here mentioned) on a streaming platform. That or sell the rights to put it on another network for a set amount of years, but that can lead to various paths as a new network could ask that Hasbro create a new show or gen exclusively on their network.

Edited by StarlightSerenade
  • Brohoof 1

G1 had a total of 65 episodes which is the magic number needed for syndication. Season one was 50 episodes and season two was 15 episodes.

I am referring to the original My Little Pony cartoon with those above numbers and not My Little Pony Tales which is its own series despite being in the same generation.

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Ganondorf8 said:

G1 had a total of 65 episodes which is the magic number needed for syndication. Season one was 50 episodes and season two was 15 episodes.

I am referring to the original My Little Pony cartoon with those above numbers and not My Little Pony Tales which is its own series despite being in the same generation.

Yes sorry XD, I don't know why I said 26 episodes, that's why I shouldn't write while feeling sleepy, it was just automatic, thanks.

I don’t know why some (Not all) diehard G5 fans want to see G4 characters return 

I want to see our new ponies develop and win their battles

(edited)
1 hour ago, WickedGames said:

I don’t know why some (Not all) diehard G5 fans want to see G4 characters return 

I want to see our new ponies develop and win their battles

One thing don't affect the other, you can bring back old characters but still develop the new ones and make them take the lead

And I can't speak for everyone, but I have my reasons to want to see the G4 characters returning, as I said in a different topic, for me the G4 characters and world became too big for the general MLP franchise, Twilight and the others are now the face of the franchise, they're the soul of it in my opinion. For me the perfect G5 would've been if Sunny and other 5 coexisted with the G4 characters and world at the same time, with the G4 Mane Six being used as masters for the G5 Mane Six (for real this time, not something like how it was with the Young Six), but that's just me, maybe this idea wouldn't work. But that's pretty much why I actually like the idea about making G5 a sequel to G4, I'm not a fan of reboots.

Edited by Rafa Stary

4 hours ago, Rafa Stary said:

One thing don't affect the other, you can bring back old characters but still develop the new ones and make them take the lead

And I can't speak for everyone, but I have my reasons to want to see the G4 characters returning, as I said in a different topic, for me the G4 characters and world became too big for the general MLP franchise, Twilight and the others are now the face of the franchise, they're the soul of it in my opinion. For me the perfect G5 would've been if Sunny and other 5 coexisted with the G4 characters and world at the same time, with the G4 Mane Six being used as masters for the G5 Mane Six (for real this time, not something like how it was with the Young Six), but that's just me, maybe this idea wouldn't work. But that's pretty much why I actually like the idea about making G5 a sequel to G4, I'm not a fan of reboots.

Like though Twilight already had her own generation and you were complaining about Flurry Heart when she was first introduced