The brony in Japan

from_new_world

I regret that MLP was not that popular in Japan.

You can only watch up to S2 of the Japanese dubbed version, and there is almost no way to watch the original version...

I wish there were more ways to watch it in Japan...(´・ω・`)

However, some Japanese brony are still posting fan art and making crazy MAD (ex: https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm26005700), so it's completely It seems that it is not buried.

bandicam 2024-04-14 14-12-58-855.png

• Brohoof 2
  • Hugs 1

3 hours ago, from_new_world said:

You can only watch up to S2 of the Japanese dubbed version, and there is almost no way to watch the original version...

I wish there were more ways to watch it in Japan...(´・ω・`)

You don't use Youtube? Just asking because the official japanese MLP channel have Seasons 3 and 4 dubbed in Japanese, plus the Equestria Girls shorts in the English Official MLP Channel, and if you're interested, all episodes of G5's Tell Your Tale can be found on the official Japanese MLP channel, dubbed in japanese, I believe there aren't Seasons 5-9 in japanese unfortunately (maybe because of Hasbro's contract with Discovery Family?)

You can find Seasons 5-9 in English for free on Youtube though but it's not officially, plus the Equestria Girls movies in Japanese! :o

3 hours ago, from_new_world said:

However, some Japanese brony are still posting fan art and making crazy MAD (ex: https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm26005700), so it's completely It seems that it is not buried.

bandicam 2024-04-14 14-12-58-855.png

I don't think that link is working but I saw some of these and man...What the heck :ButtercupLaugh: bursted the laugh out of me, actually a few years ago I watched some japanese Dragon Ball videos and they were very similar to these in style, I believe that's the Japanese equivalent of Youtube Poops? They all seem to use a lot of the same jokes, scenes, templates, they seem to really like using this depressing Twilight head (also I would really like to know what is happening here :BornAgainBrony:)

They also like to make these remixes of videogame music using audio from the episodes

It's always good to discover new things, no matter how bizarre they are :mlp_icwudt:

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 1

I completely forgot about the existence of official Youtube...!

Thank you for providing detailed instructions on how to watch.

By the way, Twilight's head is popularly known as Manju in Japan.

• Brohoof 2
  • Hugs 1

12 hours ago, from_new_world said:

I completely forgot about the existence of official Youtube...!
Thank you for providing detailed instructions on how to watch.

Oh I almost forgot, there is also a site called "pony tube" you can watch the entire series there, there you can also find the full "Pony Life" series, a smaller series made in between the end of G4 and the start of G5, you can also find the G1 and G3 episodes on Youtube, but all of these are not official. Not sure if it's available in your country, but on Netflix you can watch the G5 movie " A New Generation" and the Make Your Mark 3D show. Hope I'm not missing anything ^^

12 hours ago, from_new_world said:

By the way, Twilight's head is popularly known as Manju in Japan.

I wonder what's the origin behind it :ButtercupLaugh: going to spend a time watching these just for the nonsense, thanks :squee:

• Excited 1

On 2024-04-14 at 9:55 AM, Fluttershutter said:

I remember watching the streams of the Japanese dubs just for fun. ^_^

That sounds like fun. Not a bad way to brush up on the language either. :P

• Brohoof 2
  • Hugs 1

• 2 weeks later...