Mightyena

One of the main reasons I enjoy watching My Little Pony is because it segregates the interactions between specific ponies with one another and it gives you individual perspective on how their personality dynamics play off one another without other specific ponies being present. You get a feel for who the ponies are to one another, how the individual ponies see each other, and how they interact without the subconscious anxieties or interpersonal influences of the other main characters. 

I like the dynamics created around Applejack and Pinkie Pie because on the surface it's difficult to see everything they have in common but if you actually pay attention to all the small details of the ponies, they actually have very compatible lifestyles under the right circumstances. 

When they separate certain characters that  purposefully expose faults in other characters, they have ways to over compensate in the character development process when a ponies certain strengths are highlighted without other characters drawing attention to specific weaknesses for the sake of the plot.

What I wanted to see was Twilight & Applejack interacting more to create a relationship dynamic we can already transparently tell exists from instances like "Tanks for the Memories" and Maud Pie".

There is never a clear line in the sand drawn between them just difference of opinion on what constitutes as "conventional methods."  However there are numerous things they disagree about and many reasons they do, and I think it would be interesting to see the dynamic be about a disagreement about one of their friends.

They try to explore this element in Testing Testing 123, but I want it to be about somepony like Rainbows actual "loyalties" or a difference in how to treat Pinkie Pies behavior.

There are a lot of differences in the ways they see things but they ultimately resolve to the same conventional wisdom and practical knowledge.

What "buddy duo" interests you