Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP Fantasy Football League Discussion

Deeмo

I'm in. But... I've never played FF before... :/ If any of you could teach me, that would be swell.

Really? I thought you would have. (Dear Princess Celestia, I learned something today...).

Anyways, you join a league, the league hosts a draft where you select your roster of players, you draft players who will rack up big stats during the season because players earn you points based on their stats (TD, rushing yards, receptions, etc). Each week you set your roster because you have to start 1 QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 Defense/Special Teams, 1 K, and there's an open one called the FLEX where you can put a WR/RB/TE in there. A roster typically holds 16 players so whoever doesn't start is considered your "bench". Benched players don't get points only starters do. Each week you're paired head to head with another team in the league and whoever accumulates the most fantasy points wins for that week.

As for the best strategies for drafting, well you're on your own for that ;)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

All I need from you McCourty is your e-mail address.

My advice for you in learning how to draft players in fantasy football, is do mock drafts. Keep doing them until you know whom you want to draft in the live draft. You'll be ready for the draft and understand the game in no time.

Edited by Deeмo

(edited)

All I need from you McCourty is your e-mail address.

My advice for you in learning how to draft players in fantasy football, is do mock drafts. Keep doing them until you know whom you want to draft in the live draft. You'll be ready for the draft and understand the game in no time.

Yeah, this. I'm pretty sure ESPN allows you to do practice drafts with random people.

I just came up with my tentative pre-rankings chart today and over the next few days I'm going to test out my method and see how well I do. (No, I will not reveal it...yet).

Test #1 of my method tonight and the results are in:

16 in-line, 0 upgrades, 0 downgrades, 0 misses

pretty successful I must say. Plenty of testing to do but this was a sweet start

QBs: Cam Newton, Michael Vick, Matt Schaub

RBs: Ray Rice (my first round pick), Darren Sproles, Michael Bush

WRs: Roddy White, Vincent Jackson, Lance Moore, Titus Young, Brandon LaFell

TEs: Jermichael Finley, Brent Celek

D/STs: Ravens, Jets

K: Garrett Hartley

2 more method tests

test #2

13 in-line, 1 upgrade, 2 downgrades, 0 misses

QBs: Stafford (yay!), Romo, Dalton

RBs: McCoy, Turner (upgrade), M. Bush

WRs: Wallace (downgrade), Bowe (downgrade), Heyward-Bey, Manningham, LaFell

TEs: Hernandez, Cook

D/STs: 49ers, Steelers

Ks: Gould

test #3

16 in-line, 0 upgrades, 0 downgrades, 0 misses

QBs: Newton, Romo, Cutler

RBs: Rice, Bradshaw, M. Bush

WRs: Cruz, V. Jackson, S. Holmes, T. Young (yay!), LaFell

TEs: Finley, Cook

D/STs: 49ers, Packers

Ks: Crosby

So total through 3 tests

45/48 in-line, 1 upgrade, 2 downgrades, 0 misses

probably do 2 more tonight with tweaks to the original formula

Edited by Doctor XFizzle
  • Brohoof 1

I really haven't done any mock drafts after I've drafted my team last Monday night. I plan on doing some soon and give you the results.

Also guys, the draft is exactly two weeks away and there are still seven spots left. If you are interested in playing fantasy football exclusively for members of this forum, please post your e-mail address, so I can send you an invite.

Thank you once again.

Yes we need more people to join. Even if you're just the slightest of a NFL fan and never played fantasy football, it's easy. Just need to be aware of the rules, how the points are scored, and using the league's interface.

(edited)

I've did a couple of mock drafts. Here's how I did in those drafts.

These two mock drafts are on different sites:

14-Team Draft

1st Mock Draft:

QB: Peyton Manning

RB: LeSean McCoy

RB: Fred Jackson

WR: Wes Welker

WR: Dwayne Bowe

WR: Darrius Heyward-Bey

TE: Martellus Bennett

DST: Giants

K: Robbie Gould

RS: Michael Bush

RS: Isaac Redman

RS: Nate Washington

RS: Titus Young

RS: Matt Flynn

RS: Austin Collie

12-Team Draft

2nd Mock Draft:

QB: Tony Romo

RB: LeSean McCoy

RB: Steven Jackson

WR: Wes Welker

WR: Miles Austin

WR/RB: Michael Bush

TE: Owen Daniels

DST: Ravens

K: Billy Cundiff

RS: Peyton Hillis

RS: Torrey Smith

RS: Titus Young

RS: LeGarrette Blount

RS: Alex Smith

Those mock drafts were alright if people showed up for the second draft.

Edited by Deeмo

thebostonthreeparty24@hotmail.com is my email address. When is the draft going to be held? Also good luck to those playing.

The draft is held on August 14th 8:00 PM ET. There will be six spots left after you join this league and I have to admit, it's harder then I thought to get the fans of this show to join a fantasy football league. It's not that hard to figure it out as long as you do some mock drafts to practice drafting your players. I just want to encourage MLP fans to get active in this kinda thing. I'm a competitor and I want to see the others compete as well.
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Well guys, all you gotta do is post your e-mail so I can invite you both. It's that simple. Just make sure you do some mock drafts to practice whom you want to draft, show up at the draft and stay active all year. It's not too late guys, we got eleven days left for the draft. There's plenty of time.

EDITED: I've already sent invites to you (My little pwny) and for Devin McCourty. Check your inboxes.

Edited by Deeмo

I'll join this league, I've been a fan for 10 years and been playing fantasy for about 4 years now. InfiniteSky20@gmail.com

(edited)

I'll join this league, I've been a fan for 10 years and been playing fantasy for about 4 years now. InfiniteSky20@gmail.com

I've been playing it since 2008. The first year I've played it, I've won the league championship. Unfortunately, it was an automated league. Here's a screenshot that I've took when I won my first championship: Posted Image

Since then, I haven't won another championship. I'm learning year-by-year though. :)

Edited by Deeмo

I've been playing it since 2008. The first year I've played it, I've won the league championship. Unfortunately, it was an automated league. Here's a screenshot that I've took when I won my first championship: Posted Image

Since then, I haven't won another championship. I'm learning year-by-year though. :)

I had a dynamo on my team that lead me to win my first 2 years playing that no one knew about. Now everyone knows about Ray Rice. The real key to winning is trying to find those sleepers later on in the draft, luck helps too.

I had a dynamo on my team that lead me to win my first 2 years playing that no one knew about. Now everyone knows about Ray Rice. The real key to winning is trying to find those sleepers later on in the draft, luck helps too.

That's a good strategy Infinite Sky. After I draft my main players, I gamble on the players who would breakout for the upcoming season. Here's a team I've drafted last Monday:

Posted Image

As you see, I've drafted Lions WR Titus Young because I think he'll have a breakout year because everybody will be guarding Calvin Johnson. I also drafted Titans TE Jared Cook because the wide receivers are quite thin tbh and that Kenny Britt will be out of action possibly for a few weeks. Same goes with Mikel Leshoure. It's questionable how he will turn out.

Congrats My little pwny on winning the championship. Maybe you'll win a championship with us My Little Pony fans who are passionate in fantasy football. Good luck this season bro.

Gronkowski

Good thing I'm a Patriots fan - if its exciting seeing all those points rack up because of his record-breaking season, then it's even more fun actually seeing him play and nabbing touchdowns in just about every game.

I knew Gronkowski was going to be a star when the Pats jumped ahead of the Ravens in the draft to go ahead and draft him. I was so angry about that, but you can't do much about that now. It should be a great season nonetheless.

Gronk is a beast. He's one of Tom Brady's favorite targets next to Wes Welker. He's worth drafting in this league no doubt about it. He's one of the most dangerous tight ends in all of the NFL. Tom Brady has a LOT of dangerous weapons around him. I believe that the Patriots offense is the most dangerous imo. Brady's got Aaron Hernandez, Brandon Lloyd, Deion Branch, Ron Gronkowski and Wes Welker to throw the ball too and running back Stevan Ridley. He has many targets to throw too.

There are now five spots left in this league. If I have not invited you yet, please let me know.

Ten more days left til the draft.

Yeah Brady pretty much has 3 #1 options in Lloyd, Gronk, and Welker. If Brandon Lloyd plays like everyone knows he can, then they're going to be pretty much unstoppable barring injuries. They could very well go undefeated this season, we'll just have to see how that defense plays. Baltimore and San Francisco are the only real threats on their schedule.

Edited by Infinite Sky

(edited)

If both their rushing and passing defenses improve, they could pull off the same season as they did in 2007, especially with a nightmare offense led by Tom Brady. They've drafted six defensive players in the NFL Draft, it could fix some of their defensive woes.

Edited by Deeмo

Well all my testing and method creating will still work for this league since we'll have 16 rounds.

The one I'm doing with my friends is gonna be much harder. That league we're only having 3 bench slots and 13 rounds so you have to choose more accurately if you want to win. I'm excited for that draft especially since I already made a gentlemen's agreement with a friend that he's gonna give me his late 1st round pick so I'll potentially have 1st round picks at #1/#2 and #8/#9/#10

Everyone loves a good pun, thus the Purple Pony Eaters were born. I've used the Purple People Eaters for the last few years, but I think it's time to change things up.