Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anyone watching the Daytime Emmys today?

Inactive01

I remember reading how MLP:FiM was nominated for a Daytime Emmy for outstanding original song through "Find a Pet" and "Becoming Popular". So is anyone going to watch the Emmys to see MLP:FiM go for the win tonight? For North America, it's on HLN live from 8:00pm to 10:00pm, both times EST.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

The result was already posted on EqD a few days ago, but I won't spoil it for those that want to find out the "official" way.

EDIT: Looks like the above poster spoiled it. Never mind.

Edited by Kenny

Wait, what? I thought they were already over and that Penguins of Madagascar won. I must look into this.

I honestly didn't have high hopes for this year. I knew MLP could beat that Dora song and the Sesame Street song, but I was doubtful when pitting them against Madagascar... Why wasn't I notified of the result?! UGH. Looks like I won't be watching the Emmys tonight then :mellow:

I don't really watch that stuff, nor do I have the cable. But I will be rooting in spirit, yet, no matter how good the song is...it's still probably gonna lose because...

FOX!

You're probably right. But the fact that it was nominated and it has a growing fanbase means that other networks can't ignore it any longer. But really, we knew that the mainstream media would give bronies a hard time because of it.

Look at it this way. They did the exact same thing when Pokemon started becoming more popular (and contrary to popular belief, it was on a large scale too, for alot of reasons).

You're probably right. But the fact that it was nominated and it has a growing fanbase means that other networks can't ignore it any longer. But really, we knew that the mainstream media would give bronies a hard time because of it.

Look at it this way. They did the exact same thing when Pokemon started becoming more popular (and contrary to popular belief, it was on a large scale too, for alot of reasons).

Probably?

Emmies shemmies, does it really matter?

It would be nice for MLP to win, but they wont, sadly.

Like Holden Caulfield said in "A Catcher in the Rye" Hollywood is full of a bunch of phonies anyways. Those words are much more true than ever 60 years later.

Emmies shemmies, does it really matter?

It would be nice for MLP to win, but they wont, sadly.

Like Holden Caulfield said in "A Catcher in the Rye" Hollywood is full of a bunch of phonies anyways. Those words are much more true than ever 60 years later.

Phonies, ponies, hehehe.

• Brohoof 1

These awards involve more politics than anything, which is why I despise the various award academies with a passion. The biggest example is How to Train Your Dragon loosing two oscars a couple years ago. The first, best animated movie, was obvious, because Toy Story 3 just came out and of course the bias by the mainstream would point there, but for best original soundtrack, HTTYD I thought should have won. (Because it's just so bucking beautiful) Yet the oscar was given to The Social Network, who's soundtrack consists of a few minor piano chords and has no real emotion whatsoever. :angry:

The same goes for the Emmy's. Madagascar has more public sway than MLP. (for now) so they can get away with winning awards with their mainstream garbage they call music. http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png

Honestly, until the awards start focusing back on their original purpose, congratulating true talent, not popularity, I'm not going to respect their opinion. However, I do agree with Ocean Sapphire. . . Smile Smile Smile, BBBFF, This Day Aria, and Love is in Bloom all came a bit too late to enter this year's awards, but hope may be restored if a couple of them get's nominated. Even better if one of them actually wins an award, it means that the mainstream finally is looking towards and accepting MLP as the large culture it is.

Yet I won't get my hopes up yet. We'll see how it will go next year. . . http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png

• Brohoof 1