Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut

Shadow Chaser

So Bioware released today the Extended Cut ending for Mess Effect 3. In effect, to give closure to all those that were complaining that the choices you made in all three games came down to variations of three color coordinated endings.

I'm currently in the middle of downloading the DLC and it's 1.85 GB. And a part of me can't help but be discouraged by this. I fully enjoyed the ending I got. (For those wondering I was Paragon with the Green ending.) I thought the way it ended wasn't the best by any means and there were holes in plot and continuity but it was an ending overall that I was satisfied with.

But since we all know Bioware saw endless hell for the ending, they've done something I had hoped they never would. They've released more content to sate the masses. And I can't help but feel like this DLC is going to be 1.85 gigs of fan service. Which just doesn't sit well with me.

So, thoughts on the Mass Effect 3 ending? On the new DLC?

Side note: Try to be mindful of spoilers on the DLC. North America gets it today, the rest of the world has to wait until July 4th. Respect our faraway friends!

I would be kind of excited if my 360 memory didn't wipe a few weeks ago... I'll probably replay ME3 months from now and say "Ohay, it's the real ending...fuck it."

Brutal.

I started up my "Ending" play through and while I appreciate that they filled in all the holes. It felt unnecessary. Like, you could infer almost everything they explained. But people didn't want to rely on inference and general speculation. They wanted hard facts. Well, they got em. And the ending remains the same as far as I'm concerned.

So Bioware released today the Extended Cut ending for Mess Effect 3. In effect, to give closure to all those that were complaining that the choices you made in all three games came down to variations of three color coordinated endings.

I'm currently in the middle of downloading the DLC and it's 1.85 GB. And a part of me can't help but be discouraged by this. I fully enjoyed the ending I got. (For those wondering I was Paragon with the Green ending.) I thought the way it ended wasn't the best by any means and there were holes in plot and continuity but it was an ending overall that I was satisfied with.

But since we all know Bioware saw endless hell for the ending, they've done something I had hoped they never would. They've released more content to sate the masses. And I can't help but feel like this DLC is going to be 1.85 gigs of fan service. Which just doesn't sit well with me.

So, thoughts on the Mass Effect 3 ending? On the new DLC?

Side note: Try to be mindful of spoilers on the DLC. North America gets it today, the rest of the world has to wait until July 4th. Respect our faraway friends!

I was one of the very few people who loved and stood up for the ending of mass effect 3 i hope this "Extended cut" doesnt fuck up what was a great ending to a great trilogy.

I was one of the very few people who loved and stood up for the ending of mass effect 3 i hope this "Extended cut" doesnt fuck up what was a great ending to a great trilogy.

I'm right with you. I fully enjoyed the ending.

And it didn't really change anything major. Just a couple of cut scenes and dialogue options that all helped to better explain what happened. A good edition. Definitely, not the fan service I was expecting.

I'm right with you. I fully enjoyed the ending.

And it didn't really change anything major. Just a couple of cut scenes and dialogue options that all helped to better explain what happened. A good edition. Definitely, not the fan service I was expecting.

thats good to here i really dont understand the complaints. " oh my god why did they end the sci fi series with such a sci fi ending?" - stupid basterds!!!!

thats good to here i really dont understand the complaints. " oh my god why did they end the sci fi series with such a sci fi ending?" - stupid basterds!!!!

haha I know! And who really expected a completely happy ending? I was all but certain Shepard would die. (I'd spoiler that but everyone should know by now.)

haha I know! And who really expected a completely happy ending? I was all but certain Shepard would die. (I'd spoiler that but everyone should know by now.)

yup i was completly happy and cant wait for the ME spin off or reboot