Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Quest for the Forbidden Temple

Ice Storm

(edited)

Link to OOC Topic: http://mlpforums.com/topic/23195-the-quest-for-the-forbidden-templean-everfree-forest-adventure/

It was a lot more trouble to try to get a team together to go into the Everyfree Forest than she originally thought it was. Most of the other ponies that were still awake were too afraid to do anything even though they had two weeks to get this done. The Everfree Forest couldn't really be that dangerous could it?

Night time set in for the second evening in a row and the Nightingale's Feathers were blowing at full force tonight. The tree limbs of the forest swayed back and forth as she waited for the rest of the ponies in the group to show up so that they could get this started. She had no idea how deep this temple was in the forest and only had a vague idea where it was in general from the princess. "This could be a bit more difficult than I imagined," she said to herself. She was already worried about what the consequences were if they didn't end up making it to the temple and got lost in the forest. Would these winds spread across Equestria? Would it completely wipe ponies from the earth?

The sounds of the timberwolves and the other monsters in the forest were already starting to awaken, and it was becoming obvious that the creatures in the forest were immune to the effects of the winds. Perhaps it was something in the forest that had broken the seal and that's why it isn't affecting them. All she knew was it needed to be stopped, and it needed to be stopped now.

Edited by Aureitas d'Aequitate

Lockhart was walking not far from ice storm. He was one of the first to sign up, but it wasn't for the ponies, it was for fun. He had awoken like any other day, but this day, this day was different. Everypony looked afraid. He wasn't. Lockhart made it to Ice "hey" Lockhart said I'm lockhart, and I'm guessing your Ice storm."

Storm Cloud had been surprised nobody was outside today and during her wheather duty she had noticed a weird unscheduled wind that made the feathers in her wings tingle. After a while moving clouds around she noticed a group of ponies near the Everfree forest. Maybe the rest of the patrol doesn't notice if I leave her weather area for five minutes

When she reached the group she folded her wings back in place and asked into the group "Hey! Has any of you guys noticed there's pretty strange things happening lately? Nobody's out there and the wind is " - she paused looking for the right word - "unnatural".

Gimond was home with his family, when he suddenly felt a cold chill go through his spine.

He went outside and saw a group of ponies heading to the everfree forrest, they seem interessting ponies so he followed them to the forrest.

-"Why are you going to Everfree Forrest he asked the group?"

Moonless Night dropped violently from the sky near the other ponies at the Everfree Forest. She hopped out of the small crater she had made, shook her mane out, and walked cautiously over to the other ponies. She had been one of the few to wake up that morning, since, after having worked so long with Princess Luna, she had the stuff in her aura that protected her against the winds.

Ice looked to the other pony that had approached her and introduced himself as Lockhart, and he presumed that she was Ice Storm. She nodded in reply. "I am. Do you know how much longer the others will be?"

She no sooner got the question out of her mouth as the other ponies began to arrive, once of which making a decent sized crater in the ground when she landed. She knew her instantly as Moonless after her friendship with the Princess of the Night herself. She had never really spoken with her though or knew a whole lot about her, as Luna wasn't one to tread into another's privacy without their consent.

Then a few more ponies came in, one asking why they were going into the forest, and the other asking why everything felt weird. "I can answer both of you easily if everypony will gather around. I will start off first by introducing myself. I am Ice Storm, and Princess Celestia has put me in charge of this very important mission. I'll start by addressing the issue at hand which are the winds. Princess Celestia herself has come to Ponyville and she has Identified the winds as a rare, evil magic called the Nightingale's Feathers. It's a mysterious wind that will put every pony that comes in contact with it in a permanent sleep until the winds are sealed away. Princess Celestia has cast a spell over Ponyville and the surrounding area to prevent any ponies that haven't fallen asleep due to the winds magic from doing so. I do not know if it makes sleep completely impossible or not though.

That brings me to the whys. The reason that we have to go into the Everfree Forest is because the origin of these winds are a secluded temple, deep," she stated pulling out and unrolling the map, "In this general location pointed out by the Princess. Unfortunately, that is the most narrowed down that I was able to get it because it's been about a half a millennia since the princess had sealed them away, and she mentioned that she believed that the artifact needed to seal them could be in the old Moon Palace. It's safe to believe that this artifact is also capable of unsealing these winds as well, and that something else has gotten ahold of it.

We have two weeks to figure this out, so we should start by heading to the Moon Palace, and searching for this artifact. It's supposed to look somewhat like an element stone, but made out of metal and in the shape and color of a tannish-black feather. If we find it, or find the thing that has it, then we cna head straight to the temple, assuming we can find it, and seal the winds away for hopefully a permanent duration this time. According to the princess, once they are sealed Everypony affected by the winds should wake up without any issues other than a small amount of amnesia. That's unfortunately all the information that I have on the winds at this time. Are there any questions?" She finished and waited for responses.

"That means my boss is not watching my flank for two weeks?" - she said grinning - "That's so awesome!". Storm Cloud had been missing a few times from work last month and a single time being late or being distracted would mean being fired on the spot.

Once she noticed the implications of what the light blue pony was telling them, she wished she had not woken up today. Suddenly something came to her mind, "Is it possible that something..." - she paused for a second - "even more dangerous than the normal creatures was in whatever is open now?"

The thought caused something deep in her to take a step aback from the forest and to look into the woods for imminent dangers.

When Lockhart asked why the princess didn't just do this herself she turned to him. "The princess specidifally stated that because so many ponies here in Ponyville were incapacitated, that she and the few element bearers that were able to wake up from the winds would remain here in Ponyville in case something decides to attack the village saying that it would be better for the most powerful ponies to be defending those that are defenseless. I trust the princess's judgement, and you should too. She's never lead us wrong before," she finished as Storm Cloud and Gimond also replied.

She gave Gimond a nod and then turned to Storm Cloud. "Truth be told I have no idea what we're going to be running into in the forest. I assure you though that we couldn't be in better hooves. Both Moonless Night and myself were Apprentices of Princess Luna. We should be able to get past nearly anything that stands in our way. That is at least, as long as it's not immune to ice," she finished.

"I am ready to leave when time comes." Gimond said as he took out his Saxophone and starded playing an old folksong.

He looked in to the forrest and suddenly stop playng.

"I guess we are not going to be alone in there? He shiverd down his spine as he said it in a scared tone thinking about the family he had back home.

She gave Gimond a nod and then turned to Storm Cloud. "Truth be told I have no idea what we're going to be running into in the forest. I assure you though that we couldn't be in better hooves. Both Moonless Night and myself were Apprentices of Princess Luna. We should be able to get past nearly anything that stands in our way. That is at least, as long as it's not immune to ice," she finished.

"And if it's immune to ice," Moonless Night said, "a good dark thunderstorm should do the trick." She had stepped toward the trees of the Everfree Forest, looking through them with more curiosity than caution. "I wonder how brave the critters are in that place," she said.

(edited)

"Considering how most of them are predators to us, I would imagine them being quite brave indeed. Hopefully with the bit of Celestia's magic that we have embedded in us from her immunity spell will give us some other bonuses. I can't imagine her sending us into a forest without the proper back up," Ice Storm replied to Moonless before turning to Lockhart. "We should only engage the animals of the forest if there is no alternative. Creating a conflict that can easily be avoided will accomplish nothing but wasting time, and time is something that we don't have a lot of, especially considering we have no definite location of the temple."

Music started playing as another pony pulled out a saxophone and began to play it. The melody was a bt catchy at first but it stopped abruptly after realizing and saying that they were most likely not alone in the forest. "Well, to be honest, I have no idea what's in there. I just know what everypony says from the rumors. It's possible we could not run into anything, but given the nature of the situation; no, we're probably not alone," she finished turning back to Moonless and extended a hoof. "Let's make Luna proud," she added confidently.

Edited by Ice Storm

Predators sounds even worse than monsters Storm Cloud shivered. It'll be best to stay back and follow them, those ponies look like they are prepared for this.

She didn't find anyone to start socializing with, and for some reason the sinking feeling in her chest didn't want her to start any chit-chat at all but to look for that temple. Making an effort to keep her mind clear she extended a wing and started inspecting her feathers.

Moonless Night nodded as Ice Storm explained the importance of not picking fights with predators or monsters of any sort. "Well, If they start it..." she said. "I'm probably going to end it. I'll try not to make it fun." She reached out her hoof to Ice Storm's (after looking around in slight surprise at the short piece of music that ended with a somewhat fearful comment) and shook it. "That shouldn't be terribly difficult," she said. "We just all have to understand each other and get along." She paused. "I can be good at that when I want to be."

Against the outline of the sky, a sea blue Earth Pony stood near the edge of the roof. Lightly he leaped forward, his figure casting a shadow on the ground for a second before he landed soundlessly on the next roof. Then another. And another until he arrived at the edge of the village. His brown eyes gazed back toward the center of Ponyville. At first he thought he might as well as to get some supplies from one of the houses here, since the ponies here were reckless enough to leave their doors and windows open. But, even in stranger's land, Melon could tell that there was evil in the air. It was better to leave things as they were than to change them. "Next time." said Melon, strapping his pack tighter against his shoulder before he continued to trot along the trail leading away from the village. Ahead of him was a group of ponies next to the forest. "Is this a group tour?" Melon paused as he examined the odd group with amusement in his eyes. "If it is, I am joining."

Lockhart turned to the new pony looking at them. "Who are you?" Lockhart asked "I haven't seen you around town." he could have done this to the other ponies, Lockhart thought, his face set on fire, burning down to his skull. "You know something about this, don't you?" Lockhart asked.

"Well, isn't that obvious? I am a traveller- Whoa! " Melon exclaimed and took a step back as soon as the pony's face burst into flames, his brown eyes sharpened down into slits. The shadow behind him flickered. "Raw magic, is it?" Instead of showing signs of fear or any of that sort, the sea blue pony veered off, keeping the distance the same, and started to slowly trot around the skull-faced pony. A part of him asked for a fight to be started, but his conscience got the better of him. "Chill up, skull head. Or do you want me to pour water on you? I don't have a thing to do with this."

"Well then" Lockhart said, grinning. "I guess you wouldn't know what's been happening then. Long story short, we need to seal up a temple before in two weeks or we all stay asleep forever. By the way, I don't trust you in the slightest, so no sudden moves" He was still smiling.

Ice watched in the back as two ponies started to get into a small tussle already. she quickly moved over to them. "Enough!" she said sternly looking to the both of them. "It's going to be hard enough to deal with the issues that the forest and these winds put against us without causing our own feuds within the group. We need to keep our focus, and worry about the things that are after us rather than attack each other." she finished watching the other two ponies waiting for responses.

Seal up the temple? Melon raised one of his eye line at the speaker and let out a scoff, wondering why any pony would believe any nonsense like this. Unless he really is telling the truth. Coming from an earth pony village, he wasn't really familiar with magics of any sort, but he wasn't going to back down this easily. In return, the sea blue pony also bared a sly smile before he trotted into the dark forest. "No smiling, is it? Don't worry. No hard feelings. In fact, I disliked slow talkers, so your straightforwardness suited me just fine." Closing his eyes slightly to adjust to the darkness, Melon gazed at his surroundings. Then he he froze, finding a pair of yellow slit eyes glaring right back at him.

(edited)

Gimond agreed to Moonless Night. "We should stick together at any time then i think nothing could stop us".

As Gimond talked a new pony appeard, he leaped from roof to roof untill he landed.

"Who might you be Gimond asked the leaping pony?".

After a while he heard to ponys argument between one of another but it stop fairly quickly, after the argument has stop he saw the new pony walk into the forrest and starded follow him but then he frooze after seeing the yellow eyes in the forrest.

Edited by Sanick20

In a blink, the pupils of the yellow eyes undliated and flashed out of Melon's sight. With his left hoof hovered over the pouch in front of his chest, slowly the sea blue horse, buckling his knees in preparation to sprint away any moment, dropped his hoof back down and hoped to detect any incoming vibration, The sound of wind and the dense smell of the leaves were all what he could sensed, proving the yelllow eyes to be away from them. It wasn't hesitating. That beast is waiting for us to advance in deeper into its territory, then it will pluck us off like easy preys.

"Shouldn't you politely announce your name first before you ask somepony for his?" Melon, brushing away a drop of sweat, turned and shrugged at the gold-brown mane pony. "Just kidding, I am Melon."

Breathing in slowly, Melon turned away and walked back to the group. Guessing the ice-blue pony to be the leader of the herd, he called out, "If you don't mind me, I will offer my help on your little quest."

Storm Cloud somehow felt lost, somehow all of this ponies seemed to have a special ability that could be useful when fighting, one of them had even put his head on fire. She had just the talent to cause every cloud she bucked into a lightning bolt shooting disaster.

They had been walking for a few minutes when she was pulled out of her not so dear memories of killer clouds she had produced when she nearly run into the pony walking before her. She then noticed the eyes in the dark and how they disappeared. She felt cold fear creeping up her legs and suddenly the urge to be close to somepony.

She didn't think the arguing couple would be a good idea to comfort her so she moved closer to the pale blue pony who was leading the group. It made her feel better.

Maybe she knows why we are still awake, what is so special about us. She dismissed her thought as she felt the need to distract herself. "So... Uhm... What do you do for a living?".