Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Quest for the Forbidden Temple

Ice Storm

(edited)

Lockhart laughed. "You seem a little spooked." Lockhart said to Storm. He had also noticed the eyes looking out the darkness. "Now, everypony stand back while I go and beat the shit out what ever that is." He looked through the spot he saw the eye flash. "I'm going to guess it's a maniticor by the eye color, so, I think you guys should get fighting, or get going."

(Don't worry, not saying it's that ceature, just a guess my character would make)

Edited by Strider Hiryu

Storm was still uncomfortable with her situation when Lockhart started talking to her... Is this guy poking fun at me? Who does he even think he is? Just because he can cast magic!, she made sure her answer was cast with the sharpest tone she could manage "You seem a little hot-headed to me!" she yelled back

She suddenly shrugged at her own outburst, as if her words had been directed at herself. She noticed her wobbly knees and now ragged breathing and suddenly noticed there had been no malice in his voice. "I..." - suddenly it had become really difficult to face and talk to the stallion - "I am so sorry! I didn't mean it..."

Her thoughts were now voiced by her father Great job Storm Cloud, the everfree forest has got the best of you and it's not been five minutes. The thought was no help to her self confidence which caused her to walk even closer to the light blue pony that lead the group.

Casually Melon strolled after the other ponies at the end of the group, cocking his head to see if there was a path ahead. If mists were swirling between the branches, this place would definitly felt like home, a place that only existed in memory now. "Don't tell me you ponies don't even know which way you are heading. " Manticore? What in the world is that? "Isn't that village over there yours? Aren't you supposed to know your territory inside-and-out?" Narrowing his eyes accusingly, Melon challenged. Why would anybody leave any beast alive if they had knowledges of it?

Lockhart turn to Storm. "Right in the fellings!" Lockhart said. "It's alright. And we don't have a clue as to where we are going. The other ponies are too scared to be here. Also, not to many people would know what it is, but it's kind of like a griffin, but more lion. And snake." Lockhart said smiling.

The memory of the eyes and Lockhart's explanation what a manticore was did cause Storm to lean closer towards the pony walking besides her. She used to be a confident pony with a big need for personal space, but the situation had made her lose both and made her body crave reassurance like a scared foal.

As soon as she noticed her behavior, she blushed and took a step away from the pale blue pony and nervously cleared her throat. Great, I bet she now thinks I'm a fillyfooler too! Good job Storm, she tried to focus on her walking and made an effort to not think about it.

Then a question popped into her mind "How do you do that?" she asked turning her head towards Lockhart. As soon as she noticed the question made no sense, she ammended "I mean, you have looked into that eyes just like me. How can you be so cheerful?"

Ooc: I'm going to assume Lockhart was talking about the group... Correct meh if I'm wrong pleez.

At Lockhart's comment about the other ponies being scared, Moonless stalked unhesitatingly into the brush with her feathers spread in a territorial threat display. However, the manticore (if it had been a manticore) was already gone, so she just glared into the darkness for a few seconds before backing off. "It'll be back," she growled. "If it has a wish to die." She folded her wings and continued walking, leveling her steps with Ice Storm's and glancing back at Storm Cloud, who looked a little nervous.

A grim look appeared on Melon's face as soon as the black-and-white pony finished his explantion. "Do you meant it has snake skins? Or snake tail? Or a snake tongue? Like... snake snake?", stammered the sea blue pony. His purple mane stood on its end as he suddenly froze and turned around three-hundred sixty degree at the spot. Quickening his pace, Melon strode closer to the group, so he wasn't at the end anymore.

(Sorry, class.)

Lockhart looked at Storm. "The answer to that question is a simple one. I'm bat-shit insane." Lockhart said grinning. Then he turned to Melon. "And no, 3 snake snakes. For tails. Wait, your scared of snakes, and not flaming head?"

With his scissor-like ears flattened against his skull, Melon almost lost his footing when his knees grew weak underneath him. Not just one, but three snakes? Why did these ponies even let it live this long? "S-scared? Who are you calling scared?", hissed the sea blue horse, collecting himself again and giving the black-and-white pony a glare. I got to think of something to get us off this topic. Melon narrowed his eyes and taunted, "So what do others call you? Torch head? "

"My parents called me Melon, but I called myself Melon Stars.", answered Melon, pissed off, with a harsh growl and a dark smile as he faced Lockhart. Pulling up next to Lockhart, he sneered, "You know what? I changed my mind. I will just gallop by and watch it gobble you up." A wall of bushes blocked up the path ahead. Melon approached it first, pushing a pliable branch away from him to go through first. Once he went through, he let go of it on purpose, expecting it to snap at whoever went after him.

(Okay, Uri, Strider, please observe the two post rule in the main post of the OOC thread. Please wait two posts before you post again. That's in place so others don't get left behind.)

Ice Followed along behind everypony watching from a short distance that way if anypony tried to start a fight with another she would be able to break it up easily. Tensions were high, and they were only getting higher with Lockhart antagonizing the other ponies. "Lockhart, please for Celestia's sake stop antagonizing everyone else. This mission is hard enough as it is without turning everypony against each other," She told him again. Seriously she felt like she was babysitting rather than running an important mission to save Equestria and it seemed that very few of the other ponies were taking it seriously.

She walked over to Storm cloud and melon as Melon continued fighting back. "ENOUGH!!" she yelled, the anger over-flowing into her eyes. "Listen, Melon, Lockhart, if the only thing you two are going to do is fight each other and not give a damn about the mission or everypony else, then I will seal you in a block of ice and leave you at the library for Celestia to deal with after explaining to her about how you're comprimising the mission by fighting amongst yourselves. Get a grip and focus. I don't care if you don't like each other or if you've never met. For this mission, you are best friends. Now I don't want to hear another argument from you to, do I make myself clear?" she stated sternly her body radiating frost causing the ground underneath her to freeze. She was wanting to Console Storm cloud, and the others but apparently that would have to wait until this matter is taken care of.

(OOC: Sorry about that. I didn't know what that rule meant at first. Now I know. )

Celestia? Isn't she the rule of Equestria? Melon's attention was brought onto the ice blue pony at the mention of the name. A plan folded out in his mind as he thought. If this quest is that important for the ruler to come down here, there must be powers that she feared in that temple. So- The sudden heat closing in on him broke his train of thoughts. With a kick Melon dodged sideways, but then leaped up to a tree as soon as he saw the fire in the form of snake. "Tsk. Now you really are getting on my nerves." Forgetting whatever the mare said, Melon swung his arms and threw. In the dark, the two metalic shuriken stars flashed for one second before closing in on Lockhart on both sides.

The sudden outburst from Ice Storm caught Storm Cloud by surprise and she took several steps back from her. "You would do something like that? Sealing a pony into a block of ice?" - she noticed the trembling in her own voice.

She yelped as she spotted something on the ground and fleed from it until noticing it was a snake Lockhart had summoned and aimed at Melon, who was now fighting back. After the initial fright the trembling that fear and tension had caused turned into shaking forcing her onto her haunches, with unfocused eyes and biting back tears she asked herself "Why did I even wake up this morning?"

Lockhart easily avoided the attack, then went over to Storm. "Look, I'm sorry I'm a bastard, and I'm sorry he is a bastard, but that his nothing to do with you. She is just being a boss, and she thinks that intimidation is the best way to get us to listen to her. I can see your not trying to cry." Lockhart then looked to melon. "Tell her we're just playing" Lockhart said.

(New personality)

(edited)

(Will be my last post for a bit, I have a DnD Session to run for the next few hours)

Ice turned to Storm cloud and whispered into her ear, "No, at least not entirely. That was mostly to get them to stop bickering at each other and allow us to actually get the mission done rather than wasting time having to deal with those two. Had they kept it up though, I would hat least frozen their legs stiff and followed through to taking them to Celestia," she informed her. She watched the pegasus shudder and ask herself why she had even woke up this morning. Ice gently put a hoof on her shoulder.

"Don't worry about a thing, I'm very adept in my abilities. If it needs to be done I can do it with ice. I promise I won't let anything hurt anypony," she told her still hearing the other two bickering and sighed, "Assuming that the source of conflict doesn't come from those two. Anyway, I don't think we've been introduced. My name is Ice Storm, and I promise you that everypony here will be okay. And as far as waking up goes, remember, the ponies that have fallen asleep because of these winds will not wake up until they are dealt with. So it's very fortunate that you have woken up. After all, you have the chance to help save Equestria now," she told her hoping she wasn't making things worse. Only to hear Lockhart adding that they were only playing, and to have Melon tell her that they were only playing. "Well it sure didn't look like you were playing that's for sure, and so far you haven't given me a reason to not use intimidation. Seriously we're wasting time with your piddly arguments."

Edited by Ice Storm

Melon laughed slyly, "Yeah, we are just playing. Nothing dangerous." The third metalic shuriken star spinned on his hoof before it was slipped back into the pouch. The pegasus's reaction rahter amused him, since he thought everybody here was a bunch of oddballs who weren't afraid of death and ready to hand over their lives. Clearly he was wrong. His brown gaze focused back on Lockhart. He disbelieved the black-and-white unicorn that was trying to comforted the others was the same pony that threatened to kill him earlier. Now who the heck is he now? "How about you promise her no more snakeplaying? That will cheer her up.", suggested Melon as he grinned.

(edited)

"If it is the right thing to do, I promise no snake playing" Lockhart said with a real smile. He looked around. "Do we know were we are going? Maybe we should find some clues." Lockhart started looking for other hoof prints to help find the temple.

Edited by Strider Hiryu

Storm Cloud turned away from the colt talking to her, nothing in her mind didn't make sense to her anymore. She blamed them all for what was happening but knew none of them was responsible for what was going on. Her mixed feelings and Lockhart's very singular approach at apologizing made it even harder to hold back the tears and she let them flow down her muzzle.

Lockhart's strong and powerful voice was soon replaced by a softer one. Almost instantly Storm felt a wave of relieve washing down her body, forcing herself to pay attention to the reasoning why she should not be worried. She made an attempt at standing up, but her wobbly knees made her few self confidence vanish again.

Leaping towards Ice Storm she pulled her into a silent hug, after a few seconds she started sobbing into the unicorn's mane "I'm no hero!" - it took her some seconds to gather another set of words - "I'm barely able to care for myself and my job" - another set of seconds passed - "I didn't ask for this and I do not want it, please! Can't you send me back?"

Melon and Lockhart seemed to have a lot of fun, even the way they apologized seemed to be a try to ditch each other. She did her best to ignore both of them and focus on her legs that felt like they'd give in at any time.

It doesn't look like your gentlemen attitude work, Skull head. Melon yawned and scratched his scissor-like ear, listening to the conversation between Ice Storm and the pegasus. He jumped down and landed lightly on the ground before he walked past them, casually rambling, "After already coming in to this dark forest this deep, you might as well as stick to the end. " Examing each tree one by one for any fruits, Melon pointed out with a sly grin, "I am sure Lockhart here wants to volunteer to be our hero. "

"Well, I wouldn't call myself a hero, but I'd like to help." Lockhart said. Lockhart looked at Storm crying. "Did...did I do that?" Lockhart asked "what did I do?" He started to walk over to her, but stoped "I'll just make it worse..."

"We're wasting time," growled Moonless. She often considered herself as more of a dragon than a pony, but to her extreme disappointment she still had hooves instead of claws and could not effectively roar. "Don't worry, we're only assholes sometimes," she assured Storm Cloud, who was being comforted by Ice Storm. Moonless then aimed a small bite at Lockhart and a harmless kick at Melon. "You act like colts," she hissed under her breath. "You could at least try to be stallions. ...Well, I don't exactly have room to talk," she added with a chuckle.

"Acting like a colt is already enough to handle you." Melon returned the alicorn a kick without hesitating, noticing that three out of five ponies not only could use magic, but also posessed unique powers. If the pegasus really returned, he would be at the disadvantage here. Thoughtfully he considered his options. It wasn't like he wasn't confident in his ability to take them down, but one against three was just impossible. I need to do something. "Stay with us, miss pegasus." Melon put his arm around Lockhart's shoulder in a friendly gesture, though the sly grin said other wise. "Alright, Skull head and I will be on a ceasefire now. And Icy over there is free to freeze Skull head up to a block if he does anything wrong again. Savvy?"