Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Quest for the Forbidden Temple

Ice Storm

Ice pulled Storm into the hug that she almost tackled her in and hugged her tightly herself. "Come on now, I'm sure it's not that bad. Besides, you look like you've been able to take pretty good care of your self at least for a while, and you seem to be kinda fast with those powerful wings. We could use somepony like you to be able to guide us through the forest and keep an eye out for anything that could be hostile. Not to mention I'm sure we'll have a need for a storm cloud or two to provide us with some cover," she told her soothingly. "Now let's cheer up a bit. I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't scared as well, but the princess has faith in us, so she must believe that we are capable for the job. Just stay close to us and I promise that nothing it going to hurt you. I won't let it happen," she finished with a smile turning to Moonless.

"I agree, we've wasted enough time here with arguing and startling each other. We've lost a good thirty minutes of travel time. So we need to set out now. Out first destination is the moon palace. According to my calculations, it should be roughly a two day's walk from here. Stay alert and everypony follow Moonless and myself. That way if something does attack, we can shield the party," she informed them referring to her ice shield. She wasn't sure of what Moonless's magic actually was, but she was an Alicorn of sorts, or at least she thought she thought she was an Alicorn with the small horns on her head. They weren't exactly unicorn horns though so she wasn't sure. The only thing she really knew about her was that she was a fellow apprentice of Luna.

Melon, puzzled, stared at Lockhart and pondered, "...What? Oooh, you have amnesia or something?" The discover brought an idea to his mind. If earlier he was just fighting the black-and-white unicorn for fun, now he wanted to see what exactly would make him 'snapped' to or 'remembered' each kind of personality. Arr~ the manticore should just show up now... three snakes.... or maybe not.

After hearing Ice Storm's plan, the sea blue pony suddenly had a cold look on his face. Walking ahead of the group, his back turned toward them, Melon questioned slowly in a dark tone, "Tell me, is your conscience that heavy?" Shadows engulfted him when he stopped to examine the trees. A fruit was picked up from the ground and tossed upward. It rotated before reaching the climax, where it stopped all of a sudden. "What did the Princess promise you for completing the quest? Riches? Ranks? Eternal life?" The fruit fell and landed, cracking in halves.

"Amnesia?" Lockhart asked "I know that we're in everfree to save the ponies, but I don't know what I did." He tried to catch up to Ice Storm. "Excuse me, but can you tell me what I did to make these ponies angry at me? I have no idea." Lockhart said.

Gimond was throtting in a normal pace when a branch suddenly hit him, "Ouch I guess the winds dosen't want us here" he said a little shokken up. Now the party has got a little bit away from Gimond and as he stood up a thick fog went in the forrest blocking vision infront of him, it didn't take long before he was lost even though he walked the same path as the others.

The biggest shiverd of fear came when Gimond saw more of the yellow eyes poke in and out of the fog clouds. He calmed himself by playing on his Sax hoping that the othe in the party would hear it. He continued on the path when he heard loud yelling he ran in the direction yelling back.

It felt great to have Ice Storm's hooves wrapped around her, like having a big sister watching over her. "You promise?" she asked shyly while trying to remove the evidence of her break down with a hoof.

Reluctantly letting Ice Storm slip out of her embrace. "Would you mind if I glomp you from time to time?" making an effort to sound casual and to smile back. She didn't care any longer what the others would think about her, it was great to have somepony to look up to when needed.

She shook her head as if any bad thought that haunted her would fall off as she did and wiping the last remnants of a tear from her muzzle and continued "You wouldn't want me to cover you with a genuine Storm Cloud cloud" - she raised her muzzle as if she was at a market offering her products - "last time I triggered one close enough to a town it set a house on fire and nearly ki..." - a melody followed by screams was heard.

"You hear that?" - without waiting even a second for an answer she raised her voice as high as she even could "WE'RE HERE!". She used her wings to lift herself some meters of the ground, enough to see over the trees and tried to make out who or what was the source of the yelling. Thick fog covered the forest making it impossible to see the source of the voice.

She could hardly make out the group under her and suddenly fear came back. Come on Storm! This guy needs you and you're just few seconds away from the group her own voice echoed in her head. "OVER HERE!"

Moonless Night's ears twitched as she heard both ponies yelling. She flew up to Storm Cloud and listened carefully for the yelling. "Can you find him?" she asked the other pegasus. "Something's bugging my senses and I can't hear anything..." She dropped down next to Ice Storm and pranced on the spot with agitation. "Ice Storm, something's really weird. I can't hear anything, everything's kind of muffled..." She shook her head violently, trying to get rid of the feeling of cotton in her ears. "Ugh! It's probably the winds."

What the- Music? Is he trying to wake up the residents in the whole forest? Melon scoffed, rolling his eyes at the sky at the thoughts of monsters getting a clear lead to their current location. Whatever the rewards the princess was going to give, he decided he might as well as demanding some treasures, if he was going to make it out of here alive. Suddenly the sound of the forest were muffled considerably with the arrival of the veiling fog. "I am going to take a look around. In case some neighbors here decide to ambush us.", said Melon, heading into the thick fog.

The humidity of the fog clung to his mane, freezing him as he tried to recognize his whereabouts. A shadow on his right caught his attention, jerking left and right in a S-shaped curve. "Gah, dont' tell me it's a snake!" Melon panicked and swung his hoof in a punch. His attack missed the saxophone by an inch before he recognized the stallion he met earlier. "...Oh, there you are.", greeted Melon with a relieved sigh.

Gimond heard a voice that shouted "OVER HERE!!!" and he didn't have to think twice before he ran faster in the direction the voice came from. it became clearer and clearer as he was closing in on the gruop. He suddenly saw a shadow in the fog and he slowed down his speed so he woudnl't alert the creature that was before him.

The shadow came closer so Gimond took up his saxophone to scare the creature away but just as he was going to blow in it a hoof came infront of him so he leaped back a litte, after the hoof went away a pony appeard and the releif in Gimonds body was overwhemld. "Thank you my friend you may have saved my life" Gimond said tear eyed as he leapt in and hugged the pony that stood infort of him.

Ice Storm held her hooves around Storm Cloud in comfort looking into her eyes. She slowly let her slip out of the embrace as she asked if it would be okay for her to glomp Ice every now and then, which made her giggle a bit. "Certainly, I don't mind. As long as you're safe and happy that's all that's important to me," she replied as Melon asked what the princess had promised her for the completion of this mission. "The Princess did not promise me anything for the completion of this mission and one should not need a reward for defending out nation. If had she offered a reward I would have turned it down. I have everything I could ever need and ask for in Ponyville," she stated matter-of-factly.

Just then she heard Gimond running back and yelling over here. Ice immediately looked in that direction, but she didn't see anything coming. What alarmed her more though was when Moonless approached her and said that everything was weirdly muffled, and that she was having a difficult time hearing anypony. She shook her head a few times before claiming it to be the winds. Ice sniffed the air. The winds did carry a unique scent to them, one that she was starting to be able to distinguish apart from the other scents in the forest. There was something else lacing the wind other than the Nightingale's Feathers. Her hearing wasn't beeing affecting by it though, or at least she couldn't tell if it was.

"I don't know... There is definitely something else in the wind but Princess Celestia didn't mention anything about the winds causing loss of hearing. Everypony stay alert though, there is something else close to our immediate area. I can't identify it with scent alone, but I can definitely sense it. Keep an eye out as best you can in the fog. With any luck, we'll be at the Moon Palace in only a few hours and we can rest there for the night," she finished hoping that the moon palace had something in place to help ward off the other animals from the forest.

As soon as Storm heard Ice say she could she could make out a scent in the air that was not a pony she froze in shock. Maybe it is a monster! Maybe that manticore she imagined the monster roaring at her, the thought was definitely intimidating.

Having forgotten to move and being airborne it took her only few seconds to hit the ground. It seemed lucky enough no pony was standing directly under her. She stood up "It's Ok, It's Ok" she said while getting back to her hooves and watching as the dirt fell off her coat.

Thank god my coat cleans itself, now I feel totally prepared for this she rolled her eyes at her own mind sarcasm. And focused back on trying to spot the monster that Ice had noticed, the fog was making it extremely hard to see anything.

The sudden hug caught Melon off guard. Rolling his eyes at the sky in disbelief, he threw his hooves up beside him at shoulder level. "I might have saved your life?", asked him slowly, a small smile appeared on his face. Heavy fog surrounded them, covering his vision with ghost white. Thinking that the pony had enough, Melon pushed him away to a reasonable distance before he headed away. "Well, you know what will save mine? Just stop...shaking your saxophone like that ...It isn't going to scare any pony, you know."

Melon turned his head to focus on retracing his steps back to the others, not noticing the huge shadow looming over him on his right. A whipping branch, parting the thick fog, clubbed down over him. Quickly he leaped into the air and watched it bounced on the ground below. Like a slithering snake it drew back and disappeared into the fog. "What the mane was that?", shouted Melon. The most important thing of all, why didn't he even hear it coming? All around them, a line of bald trees silhouetted against the fog. Melon shot a solemn look toward his only companion, "Uh... last time I check trees are not supposed to move."

Lockhart took off runing at the mention of a monster. He felt different. "Let's go beat the shit out it!" Lockhart said. "The longer we wait, the more time it'll get to run when it sees me coming!

He was heading towards the trees looking for the monster. "Come fight me!" He yelled, grinning. "Or can you not take down one little pony!" He swung his braces through the trees, looking for the moster lurking around them.

"Two ponies," corrected Moonless, her hearing finally normal. "I don't want to miss any fun!" She darted in after Lockhart, taking to the air for a better view.

The shadow darken and came forth, breaking through thick fog to strike. Melon, spreading his legs beneath him, ducked down and built up power in his muscles before he darted off like a bullet toward the tree. Spinning once in midair, he kicked at the tree hard with his hind leg. When it barely budged, roots holding on firmly to the ground, the sea blue pony rotated again for another kick. "Tsk." Something whooshed behind him. The next thing he knew he was slamming onto the ground. Out of the corner of his eyes, the whipping branch threw back high into the air, preparing another strike.

(Last post before class)

Lockhart looked though the trees for a pair of yellow eyes. "Ha! I found you! Lockhart exclaimed, he saw a pair of eyes stare back him. He was about to attack when another pair of eyes shot at him. "The more the merrier!" He said.

(edited)

"I'm deeply sorry but when i'm scared music always calm me " Gimond said in a low sad voice. As the pony turned around and started walking Gimond follow him thinking nothing worse could happen.

When The sea blue pony suddenly jumped up in he air, Gimond saw treebracnhes swichs "Does tree live in this forrest?" Gimond thought tio himself .

the sea blue pony fought with the branches and Gimond cheerd all he also could fought branches that came low on the ground but just as he was about to attack one branch he saw The sea blue pony lie on the ground and with terrefied look Gimond saw a branch coming down, He didn't think as he leaped and pushed the pony away from the branch to a safe distance before Gimond took the bash falling unconcious.

Edited by Sanick20

Melon held up his hooves before his face, bracing himself for impact as the tree branch whipped down on him. Instead of feeling the numbing pain, he saw brown-golden mane flying over him and was pushed to the side. Slamming his hooves down, he stopped and looked at the pony's limp figure. "Taking the hit... Are you too bored or something?" Melon sighed with frustration, taking out his plan b from his pouch as the living trees close in on them from all sides. Smokes erupted when he threw down the smoke bomb. In two leaps, he bit onto the pony's mane and threw him onto his back.

Seeing the ground underneath him covered in a huge shaodw, he looked up and saw a huge tree falling right on top of him. Oh, yeah, trees don't have eyes. Skidding into a halt, Melon quickly darted left, galloped through the fog and crashed straight into Lockhart.

Ice Storm watched as everypony practically charged in the direction of the possible monster causing her to face hoof. The wasn't supposed to be an all out war destroy everything in the Everfree Forest mission, they had a time limit for Pony Sake! A time limit to find something that no pony had any idea where it was at!!! She started to run after them and saw Melon running back their direction after he had ran off further into the forest looking for a fight of some sore and ended up leading treefolk right back to where they were.

"Alright, Everypony behind me now!" She warned as her horn began to glow. After only a few moments the air around her began to turn to frost allowing her access to the fullest extent of her magic. Slowly the ice began to take the shape in front of her and she flung three razor sharp blades of magically re-enforced ice towards the trees going right through two of them making them fall to the ground as nothing but timber.

Unfortunately this allowed the other tree to likewise shoot at her with thorns from it's branches, and with her concentration completely on her magic, she did not even notice them until they were already inside her ice cloud, one going deep into her left front leg cause her to yelp loudly as the wound began to weep blood. She began to charge another spell, but with the injury on her leg, she lost concentration, and the ice cloud around her vanished. There was still one tree left to take down, and it would have to be somepony else to do it. At least for the rest of this encounter, she was out of commission. She could still use her magic do defend however and froze the area around her leg where the injure had occurred to numb the pain. She kept an eye out for anypony needing assistance that needed it.

• Brohoof 1

Melon was annoyed when realized he would probably never be able to live it down since Lockhart kept bringing the matter up. Laying the pony with gold-brown mane down in the center of the clearing. Althought most of the trees, except for one, had been taken care of by Ice Storm, he didn't think it was safe for the fact ice melt. They could use something more aggressive. "Is your head really as empty as a skull?" His right hoof stomped at the ground a couple of times before pointed forward to the ice-covered trees. "Fire!", ordered Melon in a shout.

"Alright, everypony stand back, I got this." Lockhart said. He shot a beam of fire at the last tree, burning it to ashes almost instantly. He looked at ice storm, she was bleeding from her forleg. " Shit. " He ran over to Ice Storm. "Can anyboby heal? Fire isn't the best for that."

Gimond jumped back behind Ice storm who frooze the most of the trees. But suddenly she stopped as btanches hitted her. Right after the hit Gimond heard the sea blue pony fire and lockheart screamed behind me so Gimond jumped behind Lockheart.

Lockheart saw Ice and said "Can anybody heal her". Gimond looked around and saw ice and the blood running down... He took some leaf to clean the wound and put bandage at the wound and said "Don't stress yourself let me help you".

"No leaves!" Storm Cloud yelled over to Gimond. "It may cause an infection making it only worse than it is already" she continued with a unnecessary low voice. "We first need to know if it's hit some vessel which may cause it to bleed if we remove it." turning over to ice she sat on her haunches and reached for her hoof.

"Let me have a look at it" she said softly extending her hooves for Ice to put her's on them.

Melon let out a breath when the commotions stopped, finding the place to be creepily quiet. Scooping up a hoofful of ahes, he examined it before letting it drift away with the breeze. "We sure are a notorious bunch. Even the forest itself doesn't welcome us here." Then he clicked his hoof against the frozen trees, chipping away a piece of ice. It melt quickly in his mouth, providing the moisture he needed. "You should be starting to hope those thorns are not poisonous.", noted Melon easy-goingly, standing guard not too far away from the group.

"I will hope for them not to be dangerous. We've got no bandages here nor anything to clean the wound." She started thinking what could be done at all "Maybe we can cauterize it if someone brought a knife or something, but that's pretty much all".

[OOC: Has nobody brought anything to the mission? Basically we're trying to save the world, and don't even bring a backpack with tents, first-aid stuff and something to eat?]