Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Untimely Paradox

Phantom Nightmare

(edited)

(I apologize if it is either short or boring, or both. It will pick up soon in a hurry, thats for sure. )

It was a truly wonderful day in Ponyville. The sky was clear, the sun shown, and it was pleasantly warm, a light breeze tickling the pelts of the colorful ponies that bustled around the small town. One pony in particular seemed to be rushing about more then the others, a nice hefty shopping list clenched in her teeth. The mare didn't even have time to admire the lovely day that her fellow pegasi had worked so hard at. The orange mare ran through town, dodging other ponies and playing fillies, dashing straight for Sugarcube Corner. Cries were hollered out at her as she flew by, but she had no time. Some wondered why she did not just simply use her wings to fly over the heads of the ponies if she were in such a hurry.

This pony was Phantom Nightmare, and she was gathering supplies for a birthday bash she was throwing for her best friend. Normaly anypony who needed a party thrown just asked Pinkie Pie, but Phantom wanted it to be special for her friend, and therefore had to be thrown by herself. She didn't just fly above the crowd because usually, when she was in this much of a hurry, she performed a lot of crash landings and did more harm then good. So she galloped as fast as she could, wanting to get this shopping done with. She arrived at the Cupcake bakery in a flash, skidding to a halt as soon as her hooves hit the hardwood floor. Panting slightly the orange mare walked up to the counter, setting down her list and taking a breather. Pinkie bounced in from the backroom, as happy and go lucky as ever.

"Heya Phantom! How you doing today! What'd you do run a marathon?" Pinkie inquired, giggling and taking in Phantom's breathless condition. She put her hooves up on the counter and peeked at the list, "ohh! Your picking up alot of sweets today! That's what must be taking up all the room!" Pinkie laughed, already turning to retrieve the order.

Phantom laugh, her breath coming back to her, "Yes, I'm throwing a party for Snapshot this afternoon." She explained, turning the list around and scanning her eyes down in, reviewing what she still needed to pick up. Her saddle bags were already gaining weight. She began to wonder if she would need to make two trips.

A gasp sounded from the back room and Pinkie Pie walked back out, Phantom's order balanced expertly on her back. "A party? Why didn't I plan this! I wasn't even invited!" Pinkie sounded distraught, but a teasing note could be heard resounding through her words, indicating she was only teasing the pegasus.

It was Phantom's turn to gasp, and she slapped a hoof to her forehead, "Oh no! with all of this planning I completely forgot to send out invitations! Of course your invited Pinkie! But how will I tell the others?" Phantom really was distraught, what kind of party didn't have any guests? Snapshot would be so upset!

Pinkie pie walked through the little wooden door, helping hoist the order onto Phantom's back, who used her wings to balance the packages, not being as talented at it as Pinkie and not wanting to have to purchase more. "Don't worry Phantom, leave that to me! I'll make sure everypony knows where to go by this afternoon!" Pinkie declaired, grinning from ear to ear, excited about the party already.

Letting out a breath of relief Phantom turned to go, wanting to continue her shopping quickly, "thank you so much Pinkie, it will be at my house, outside, since it is such a lovely day." She told the pink pony, walking out the door, "I really can't thank you enough!" She called.

"Dooooohhhoonn't Worry!" Pinkie sang to the retreating orange pony. "It is my pleasure!"

Phantom smiled as she headed toward the market, glad that for now disaster had been averted. Pausing a moment to check her list Phantom nodded. She only needed to pick up the decerations and Snapshot's dress, all of which she could get at Rarity's. Tucking her list away Phantom made her way to the beautique, carefully balancing the sweets on her back and trying to hurry up as much as possible.

~~~

"If you keep twirling like that your gonna be sick." Phantom teased her friend, who was standing before her mirror, spinning around and around, taking in her party dress. Snapshot was a very pretty pony with soft, gentle colorings. A silvery grey coat and a glittering light purple mane and matching tail, with striking blue swirling designs that matched her eyes. Phantom and Snapshot were compelet opposites when it came to the color spectrum. She was soft and elegant with her silvery hues, and Phantom was bold and loud with her orange pelt and read and green striped mane. The two however were very close friends, and weren't that different in personality.

Snapshot paused and laughed, "I know! but I just can't stop looking! It's so pretty, exactly what I like, you sure know how to shop for a friend Phantom Nightmare." Snapshot exclaimed, doing one more quick twirl before finally settling down. The earth pony turned from her friend and tried to walk toward the cake, "Now can I please see my cake? I'm so curious! The earth pony cried, but Phantom jumped before her and shook her head, smiling, "Aha! You have to wait until the party starts!" She abmonished playfully, but taking pity upon her friend she took out a cupcake and handed it to her, "but you may have a cupcake to hold you off." She said.

Snapshot took her cupcake and smiled, beginning to eat it right away. She was so imaptient! She just wanted to start eating sweets now! And she wanted to see what her cake looked like!

The wait wasn't long, as only ten minutes later there was a knock at the door, and when Phantom opened it Pinkie stood there, smiling from pink ear to pink ear. "What are ya doing in there!? The party is out here!" She cried, turning and bouncing away. Behind Pinkie nearly the entire town was nearly present, making themselves comfortable. Smiling Phantom called to Snapshot, who came dashing out as gracefull as she could in her new dress, eager to show it to the others. Phantom had already set out the sweets, glad she had gotten so many and joined the party, closing the door to her tree house behind her.

Phantom began mingling with a few of the other ponies, thanking those who complimented her on putting the party together graciously. She was surprised to see that Twilight Sparkle had made it and trotted over, wanting to say hello and thank you for coming. "Hello Twilight!" She called, getting the purple unicorn's attention.

Twilight turned and smiled when she saw Phantom, "hello Nightmare, you sure did put together a nice party." Twilight told her, looking around and taking a sip from the levitating punch cup. "You could almost give Pinkie a run for her bits."

They both chuckled about that, knowing no one could rival the pink ponies party skills, "thanks Twilight, and thank you for coming on such short notice." Phantom said, bowing her head slightly and chuckling, "I totally forgot invitations, but Pinkie saved me."

Twilight nodded, "I heard, but it's alright, I actually had a bit of free time this afternoon that I was going to spend in the park with Spike, but a party sounded nice. The little purple dragon himself was already elbow deep in the candy bowl, licking his lips with his long dragon tongue.

"Well that's good, I am really glad you could come." Phantom laughed at Spike, and Twilight only rolled her eyes. "How is Owluicious doing?" The pegasus asked. Phantom Nightmare raised and bred owls. Twilight's pet owl was actualy a young fiesty one that got away from Phantom, but when she had heard that Twilight had found and grown quite fond of him, the orange pony gave the owl to her free of charge, even giving her a few starter supplies.

"Oh he's doing great! Thank's for asking! He's of course sleeping right now, but he has been a big help." Twilight told her, nodding her head and taking a sip, "how is Bela doing?"

Bela was Phantom's pet Raven, a rather snobby bird that could be rather cantankerous at times, "oh you know, crouchy as ever, helping take care of bothersome owlets." They both laughed again and Twilight finnished her punch

"Well, I had better go fish Spike out of the candy bowl before he makes himself sick. Thank you again Phantom!" The purple unicorn called, setting the empty glass down and heading toward the snack table.

"My pleasure Twilight! Thanks again for coming!"

The party lasted the rest of the afternoon. Pinking broke out the music and had everypony dancing about, grooving on the dance floor. It was not until well after sunset that the ponies started to meander home. Some stayed to help Phantom clean up, as she had already sent a very tired Snapshot home with saddled bags filled with gifts. Phantom chatted with those who stayed as they cleaned, as she hated cleaning and always needed something else to focus on along with it. She was talking to the mysterious stallion that the inhabitants of Ponyville had always referred to as 'Doctor Whooves' or simply, 'The Doctor'. Phantom had spoken with him briefly a few times, but he seemed like a normal earth pony to her.

With the help from others, clean up didn't take very long, and Phantom was glad when it was over. Slowly climbing up the stairs of her home, Phantom hummed a little tune as she went, Bela coming and landing on her back with a derisive caw. Phantom chuckled and continued ti her bedroom, climbing into bed and curling up with Bela still perched on her back between her wings. "Oh Bela, another day, they just seemed to blur by sometimes huh?" She murmured, closing her eyes and letting out a sigh.

The only reply she recieved was another caw from her feathered friend, and Phantom rolled her eyes behind closed lids, drifting off to sleep without another word.

Edited by Phantom Nightmare

If this doesn't belong here I am very sorry, and if my fanfiction doesn't belong here again I apologize, but please give me a wanring so that I may move the story to the appropriate place, thank you ever so much!

This is meant to be a discussion thread for my new Fanfic, An Untimely Paradox.

Summery

Phantom Nightmare has lived in Ponyville for many years, and aside for the occasional villian taking over, nothing to strange has ever happened to her there, but that is about to change. Something truly odd and unexplainable is happening in Ponyville. At first it seems to be nothing more then an odd occurance such as deja vu and the like, but it steadily escalates and it all seems to be centered around the arrival of a new pony and the Stallion known as 'Doctor Whooves'. What's happening? and Why is Phantom Nightmare getting tossed into the middle of it?

Gah, I stink at summeries, but you get the point

Here is the link to the story An Untimely Paradox

Hi Phantom Nightmare,

I just wanted to let you know that all discussion of your story should take place within its thread. Don't create a separate "story thread" and "discussion" thread, please.

Thanks!