Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private SoL: Canterlot

~The Snowy Wolf~

(edited)

Link to OOC Topic: http://mlpforums.com/topic/26590-slice-of-life-canterlot/

It was a normal day in Canterlot, Vinyl had just woken up. "Alfred," she called to one of the royal butlers. When he arrived, she said in a calm tone of voice, "Would you mind telling me why nopony woke me up sooner? It's nearly eleven 'o clock. Never mind that, would you please whip me up some breakfast?"

"Yes, ma'am," he said as he headed downstairs.

Vinyl got up, did her morning routine, and went downstairs without seeing either of the princesses.

Mod's Edit: Added link to OOC.

Edited by Arylett Dawnsborough
  • Brohoof 1

Blossom Bloom woke up in her usual manner; falling off the bed. She was so used to it by now, it hardly hurt when her face would come in contact with the floor. "I wonder if I will ever find a way to stop flapping my wings in my sleep..." she yawned as she picked herself up off the floor and slowly walked over to a piece of paper on the wall with a bunch of scribbles and red X's. "Glue...No worky." After marking off "Idea 47" she trotted out of her room and into the bathroom where she usually took her morning bath. Once she was nice and clean,she flew downstairs and joined her mother at the small breakfast table,perfect for two.

(edited)

Jaide was in the kitchen alone making her hay sandwich. She carefully placed the contents together making sure none of it spilled out. After doing so, she sat down at her table and bit it. She looked at the Canterlot newspaper to see if there was any events or such.

Edited by PegasisterTaco
  • Brohoof 1

Jaide finished her sandwich and headed out the door. She locked her door and headed downstairs the hotel lobby. Jaide exited the lobby and went into the marvelous streets of Canterlot. "What a beautiful day," she remarked as she headed down the street.

Tune Twist lazily rose up out if his messy bed, his headphones still in his neck. The tune of "Moonships" by Niki Maroj rang in his ear, and he realized he had left it playing all night into his tolerant eardrums. He switched off the music and rose off of his bed, lazily got himself together and trotted downstairs into his family's kitchen. "Morning, Tune! You're up late." His mother, Diane Twist, said cheerfully as she washed dishes.

Jaide opened up her map of Canterlot to study the streets and determine where she was. "Hmm.. If I was here, and I went down here, I should go," Jaide turned around North and said, "that way." Jaide continued on hoping to see something interesting.

(edited)

Tune checked the clock. It was already 10:52. "It's really late. Have you been sleeping well?" Tune's mother said, concerned. "Yeah, I've been fine. Had a lot of... stuff to do last night." He mumbled. "Alright, but don't throw your clock off. You won't wanna be late for your job at Joe's Donuts next week!" Tune Twist groaned. "Do I really have to? I mean, I won't be able to hang with my friends that much." "Oh please, you don't hang out with your friends that much anyway. I keep saying you should, but you just listen to your music all day instead." She said, still keeping a concerned tone. "Yeah, but it's better than hanging with any of the ponies here." He whispered. "What?" She said, stopping from doing the dishes. "Nothing, nothing. I gotta go meet my friends at Cane's Coffee." He lied, while swiping his MP3 player and headphones from the counter using his magic. "Ok, Tune. Have fun!" Tune rolled his eyes as he exited the house and levitated his headphones on his ears. He decided to head North, near the castle. That part of Canterlot usually had interesting things going on.

Edited by ThatGuyWhoAteTheCookies

Vinyl finished her breakfast in the massive dining hall, talked to some of the guards, put on an elegant dress, and walked outside down the grand staircase of Canterlot Castle. She was hoping she could meet someone new today.

(edited)

As Tune passed many street performers, tofu dog sellers and tourists, he finally reached the base of the Canterlot castle wall. On The Grand Staircase of the castle he noticed a gray, yellow and red-maned mare showing off her dress in the playful sunlight. Hmph. Those royal showoffs. Thinking they are better than everyone. Tune thought to himself enviously.

Nightfall walked downtown in Canterlot. He was alone, and there wasn't much besides money in his saddle bag. He was walking past the castle when he saw a very pretty mare walk outside in an elegant dress.

(edited)

Jaide kept on walking North until she came upon the massive Canterlot Castle. "This looks very interesting. I wondor what they have here," She walked up the front of the castle and saw that there were many guards. "Whoah, this place is heavily guarded," she quietly mumbled as she stopped suddenly.

Edited by PegasisterTaco

Wishing Star woke up earlier in the morning, so she was already prepared for the day. She had to look her best for today's movie shoot, it was being cast outside of the Canterlot Castle. It took weeks of reading scripts to get the scene memorized, but today, she was fully prepared.

Starry's makeup artists had finished their work, and she was ready to act out the final scene in front of the castle. She trotted onto the set and in front of the camera. With her was a stallion who was her co-actor.

"Alright, 3... 2... 1..." said the director. The cameras started rolling and Starry and her co-actor began acting out the scene.

(edited)

Tune Twist looked around at his surroundings, hoping to find something more interesting then the royals and their scary guards. Other than a paparazzi waiting for that royal, there were few around, other than a grey pegasus mare with glasses and a deep blue alicorn stallion with huge wings. "Wait... is that Nightfall?" He whispered to himself. Nightfall was thought to be dead when he disappeared from Equestria when he was 16. Strange...

• Brohoof 1

Vinyl was bombarded by the paparazzi before she activated her small EMP device and giggled as they were looking cunfusedly at their cameras. As she kept walking she noticed several ponies she hadn't seen before, but she was certain that they had seen her before, either in pictures, magazines, or something.

Jaide looked around and saw that a lot of residents were wearing elegant dresses and walked in a sort of "fancy" manner. "Gosh, I didn't noticed how out of place I am right now. It seems like I'm the only "not so elegant one"," Jaide sighed and then noticed that there was this pretty mare that was coming from the castle.

Nightfall continued walking. He knew he wouldn't have a chance with such a beautiful popular pony. He himself hadn't been seen in too many places, just a few technical and engineering magazines... Nothing that she would be interested in, he thought. He stopped at a bench and sat down just a bit down from the castle.

Tune couldn't help but repeatedly glance at the elegant mare trotting down from the castle. He'd hate to admit it, but she was beautiful in that dress of hers. "No." Tune said to himself. "She'll just be like all the snobby ponies here. Too uptight for the smaller people." He convinced himself that she was of no importance and kept walking around.

Jaide looked away from the elegant pony and went to go sit down on a bench near the castle. She took out her Canterlot map to study and memorize the streets. She noticed that there was another pony on the bench but ignored him.

Vinyl started walking toward where they were shooting a movie. She had seen Star in quite a few movies and thought that she was a spectacular actress. Vinyl sat down on a nearby bench so she could watch them film, then she noticed the dark blue stallion sitting next to her. She smiled and nodded her head hello.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Tune Twist turned to his favorite sad song and decided to find a bench. The only spot was next to that gray mare he saw earlier and the deep blue one he thought was Nightfall. He sighed and sat down, noticing the confused, clearly touristy mare next to him, her head deep in her map, and giggled quietly. He saw in the corner of his eye that the royal was also on the bench, and his heart skipped a beat.

• Brohoof 1

Nightfall seemed a bit shy. An elegant, very beautiful mare sitting next to him?

"Hello." Nightfall looked at the ground and blushed a bit.

"So... Are you going to be in any kind of movies later? Because you look good enough to be in one..."

Nightfall thought it was a stupid question, but he wanted to hold a real conversation with somepony.

• Brohoof 1

Jaide turned to see the elegant mare next to her. She couldn't help and resist noticing how beuatiful her dress was. So perfect and layed out. She wanted to ask her where she got it but kept quiet since she didn't like to speak to people a lot.

• Brohoof 2

Tune Twist resorted to a mental panic attack. Should he leave? No, that would make him look rude to a royal, which would get him arrested. Should he keep sitting down and act like he doesn't care? Yeah... that might work. he just put his eyes on his MP3 player and pretended that he didn't care about anything, sweat coming down his face.