Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Orirgin of the Alicorns (Best Theory)

TheBronyHeart

Alicorn Origins

Alicorns were one of the biproducts of nuclear radiation which coated the earth after a massive nuclear war that occured when resources on the planet became dangerously low. Few species survived the atomic fire and almost all the survivors were mutated breeds from prolonged exposure. after a milenia of mutations alicorns along with sentient pony beings, began walking the earth, these ponies soon adapted and formed Egologistical societies in which today the alicorns are regarded as royalty being that their magical abilities often exeed other ponies.

Celestia and Luna are special alicorns being some of the first alicorns and having special mutations which discontinue cell growth, breakdown, and destruction. this miraculously prevents them from aging and the wearing down of vital organs.

It is not yet known if there are other alicorns like them.

post-6541-0-48814100-1343951641.jpg

Exactly, it had to happen somehow.... they didn't just appear!

• Brohoof 2

In my opinion i think princess luna and princess celestia both became alicorns because of discord. I think eons ago princess luna and princess celestia where with discord and liked chaos. So discord gave them powers like being alicorns and HAVING the ability to raise the sun and moon. But after realizing discord was bad they defeated him but they kept their powers they received from discord like the ability to raise the sun and moon and being alicorns.

Of course this is just my story. Is it a likely story? Possibly.

My belief is that Alicorns happen because of a genetic way. It's extremely rare but can happen to many children. Based on the Hearth's Warming Eve episode, I believe that maybe some of the ponies from other kingdoms (the Unicorns and Pegasi) decided to "Get to know each other" if you know what I mean. Some of the offspring were Pegasi, some Unicorns, some even earth ponies, but on rare circumstances ponies with both Unicorn and Pegasus characteristics. That is how mortal ones are born. the immortal ones, Luna and Celestia, were probably created by Discord or some other being that is possible the MLP planet's Creator. That's just my opinion though.

• Brohoof 1

I believe that the show is not targeted towards manly men nor womanly women, and that any and all complex notions put forth by any fan of the show remain to be utter nonsense.

They're clearly one of the ancient races of Equestria, as Celestia and Luna have been around for a long-ass time. Ponies have probably been around just as long, or close to that time. To me, the alicorns were either genetically created from breeding unicorns and pegasi, or alternatively, pegasi and unicorns somehow developed and branched off from alicorns in the distant past. Being a 'superior' race, a perfect combination of the two, they may be viewed as a higher race than the three separate classes of ponies. That may have been an influence for how Celestia and Luna became the rulers of Equestria, after they saved the region from Discord and took control of the sun and moon.

Edited by ~Chaotic Discord~
  • Brohoof 1