open The Northern Front

Power Ten

Mark put his things down in the barracks and started walking towards the fighting ring. Eventually he decided to speed up until he was running towards the fighting ring. He slowed down as it came into view and cautiously walked into the group of ponies there already and stood upright.

Hearing the announcement Usaf left his bag under his bunk and started jogging to the fighting tings he examined all the other recruits there then joined the group that was starting to form around the fighting rings.

"Oh already time for training? i would have thought they would allow us to rest" Walking towards the door "Well i guess not. Military life sucks already" Catching up with the others heading towards the ring "I wonder if its us fighting each other" Lucas said out loud

A young-looking mare made her way to the middle of the arena. She had a dark grey coat and a short, jet black mane. She was wearing dark green kevlar bodyarmor. An MP7 was hanging from a sling on her shoulders and a sizeable knife was strapped to her chest.

She looked over the assembled ponies with strikingly bright neon green eyes. "Everypony who thinks they're a good fighter, step foward." She barked.

Usaf was a fairly good Hand to hand fighter but not all that amazing so he stayed where he was waiting for one of the others to go in and test the strength of the Pony wearing the armor and rifle standing in the ring.

Quick Steed stepped forward, he was still debating in his head weather he won that fight or not but he was pretty sure he was the victor

his attention was now focused on the mare who was in the middle of the arena, he kept a good poker face while thinking damn! shes a looker! who knew the military had such fine babes

Clocks gave a grin. He'd go forward, knowing he easily had a chance with his experience and championship in bare hoof boxing. He was practically raised in a gypsy and pikey environmental and they hosted games each weekend. But there was one thing stopping him, he'd be fighting a girl.

Mark stayed back in the group, he knew that he wasn't good at fighting, it was probably his weakest skill, since he was heavily reliant on on weapons, range and stealth. He watched the two other ponies enter the arena, eager to see how they fought.

Jacob arrived late and said "Recruit Jacob reporting for duty." Not realizing that everypony was at the fighting rings. He relizied that something was a miss but couldnt quite figure it out. He then looked at the time and relized he was late.

(edited)

Clocks gave a grin. He'd go forward, knowing he easily had a chance with his experience and championship in bare hoof boxing. He was practically raised in a gypsy and pikey environmental and they hosted games each weekend. But there was one thing stopping him, he'd be fighting a girl.

"What are you smiling about, recruit? I suppose nopony here has the courage to step forward? I've been training soldiers for years, and never have I seen such a sorry bunch of cowards." She taunted, dropping her gun to the ground and kicking it away.

Quick Steed stepped forward, he was still debating in his head weather he won that fight or not but he was pretty sure he was the victor

his attention was now focused on the mare who was in the middle of the arena, he kept a good poker face while thinking damn! shes a looker! who knew the military had such fine babes

"Well then! It looks like we do have some hope here after all! What's your name, recruit?" She laughed

Edited by Power Ten

"Quick Steed, ma'am" he responded

he was ready for anything at this point, he didnt mind being put on the spot, in his home town he often put himself at the center of attention, by pulling of crazy stunts

"Quick Steed, ma'am" he responded

he was ready for anything at this point, he didnt mind being put on the spot, in his home town he often put himself at the center of attention, by pulling of crazy stunts

"Quick Steed, hmm? That what all the mares call you back home? (ZING! YOU JUST GOT BURNED!)" She said, completely deadpan. "So, Quick Steed, you fancy yourself a fighter then? No qualms about fighting a mare?"

Quick Steed smirked at the comment "no problems here" he said, he thought to him self alright, finaly time for some action!

he didnt know if she would throw the first punch so he just readied him self for what ever was comming

Clocks was about to answer, but she had moved on, so he saved his breath, too lazy to even reply. Hypno and Storm just watched as the fight was going to unfold silently, waiting for it to end. "I got my money on the chick!" Clocks shouted.

Jacob found out where he was supossed to go. He rushed to the fighting rings and saw that something was going on. He didnt want to bring attention to himself because he was late so he snuck into line hoping no pony saw him.

Quick Steed smirked at the comment "no problems here" he said, he thought to him self alright, finaly time for some action!

he didnt know if she would throw the first punch so he just readied him self for what ever was comming

"What are you waiting for? You're so confident in your fighting abilities, why not prove your merit?" She yawned and stretched her bat wings, trying to goad Quick Steed into throwing the first punch.

Quick Steed of course fell for it and dashed using his wings for extra speed, he was able to land a punch on her then spun around and was about to go in for another pass

this is going to be easy! he thought to himself

Quick Steed of course fell for it and dashed using his wings for extra speed, he was able to land a punch on her then spun around and was about to go in for another pass

this is going to be easy! he thought to himself

She laughed as she stepped back, allowing the punch to swish through the air inches from her face. Her leg lashed out and tripped Quick Steed. "Would you like to stop dancing and start fighting, recruit?" She jeered

or maybe not was his last thought before he hit the ground, he picked him self up and turned around to face her, he dashed forward and threw a flury of punches in the hope that at least one of them would hit

or maybe not was his last thought before he hit the ground, he picked him self up and turned around to face her, he dashed forward and threw a flury of punches in the hope that at least one of them would hit

The mare allowed a few punches to hit her in the body and face to make Quick Steed more confident. Sensing him tense up for a more powerful attack, she readied herself and caught his hoof mid-punch. "This is going to hurt you. A lot." She whispered as she pulled on his foreleg. Quick Steed stumbled by her, exposing his back. The mare slammed her hoof down hard on the spot between his wings, prompting a shout of pain from the stallion. She then grabbed him by the neck and lifted him in the air before throwing him to the ground.

"Good effort"

still in pain he was able to let out "heh... at least i tried" he attempted to stand up, but it didnt quite work out so he kind of crawled back out of the ring with a small smirk on his face totally worth it he thought to himself

"Now that we have that out of the way, there are no questions as to who is in charge here, correct?" A mumble of affirmation went through the group. The mare looked satisfied, "I am Colonel K-Bar. You lot will refer to me as Ma'am or Colonel. Is that clear?" She barked to the assembled recruits.

"I always win bets" Clocks said smugly as he watched Quick walk out of the ring. "Who's next in your fighting ring of honor?" Clocks then asked the K-Bar curiously. He clearly ignored what she had just said.

Hypno and Storm looked impressed by the mares fighting skills.

(Ninja)

Edited by Hypno

Usaf slowly walked away from Clock and to the side of the pit. Mainly to not be any where near the recruit that had foalishly spoken out of line and insulted the commander by not referring to their proper title.

"Yes ma'am." Mark responded, he stood firmly and saluted at the Colonel, wondering if they would get to try out some weapons anytime soon. He was still shocked at the fighting skills of the colonel, managing to pull off a random move out of nowhere.