Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I need help, with my drawing

PonyEcho

we here is the drawing

post-6033-0-52645200-1345039136_thumb.jpg

well this was something i drew for the sake of drawing but then i hit a roadblock, i feel like this need something else , my first idea was to draw Rainbowdash flying with Fluttershy, Spitfire, Sorin or Scootaloo but i cant draw fillie or stallions that well and then the idea of two ponys flying felt blang in my head because i wouldnt know who to draw it.... may be i need to find a new way to draw my ponies or perhaps look at more how to draw pony things.

bbblleehhh back to the point of this thread, i need help. because i feel like i have hit a wall were my drawings are no longer improving and may actually be getting worse or perhaps im worrying to much but well i have a deviantart account now but i keep putting all my picture in my scrap book ..aahh why do i keep rambling like this

I NEED HELP !!!! also some food but i can take care of that part of the problem

i'm sorry but i cannot see the drawing :o

dw, the picture didn't prperly load, tell you what, i'll send you some messages and pictures showing you how, things to keep in mind, how to improve, because i can't do it all in one comment... i'll get some stuff sorted out for you

i can see the picture now

Edited by Amelia Monocle
  • Brohoof 1

If you feel you cant draw something, use a refrence of it and draw that until you have the lines understood

yeah i should do that but i don't like to use references because i spend too much time getting frustrated over does it look the same, if i ever use referenced it will be of a comic book character and i'll ponifie them to a certain pose.

i just like to let my creativity flow for example the 4 ponys of the Apocalypse is and idea that's just pop'ed into my head.

It feels that your drawing is fine, but you're anticipating to get your drawing done so well that you're over reacting. Honestly, your drawing looks fine! if there's something you want to add to it, then do it the best you can because that's how you get better. Sometimes when I just doodle in class, I start off slow but then I start speeding up and pay less attention to quality on accident. Try to go for quality from scratch. It's better to make 4 good quality drawings than 27 rushed ones. Also learn from your mistakes and ask for critisizm, it helps. Don't be afraid to try new things too, like a thing I like to do with pencil/paper is to shade in an area a bit with the pencil, then rub it with my finger so far as to where I want the "shine" or "reflection" to go.

Edited by Ad Foedera Cresco
  • Brohoof 1

It feels that your drawing is fine, but you're anticipating to get your drawing done so well that you're over reacting. Honestly, your drawing looks fine! if there's something you want to add to it, then do it the best you can because that's how you get better. Sometimes when I just doodle in class, I start off slow but then I start speeding up and pay less attention to quality on accident. Try to go for quality from scratch. It's better to make 4 good quality drawings than 27 rushed ones. Also learn from your mistakes and ask for critisizm, it helps. Don't be afraid to try new things too, like a thing I like to do with pencil/paper is to shade in an area a bit with the pencil, then rub it with my finger so far as to where I want the "shine" or "reflection" to go.

thanks i'll give that shading tip a try. also i have made my mind up about what i want to add i throw a dart and it landed on Spitfire watching from a distance ( givein me a chance to draw back shot of a pony)

also i always ask for criticism, i want someone to point all thats wrong with my drawing and give me ways to improve, but all i get is "oh that looks good" and "keep it up"

• Brohoof 1

thanks i'll give that shading tip a try. also i have made my mind up about what i want to add i throw a dart and it landed on Spitfire watching from a distance ( givein me a chance to draw back shot of a pony)

also i always ask for criticism, i want someone to point all thats wrong with my drawing and give me ways to improve, but all i get is "oh that looks good" and "keep it up"

I have the same problem in Dev. art ^_^ So I mostly just look for my own mistakes and compare it to other art pieces for improvement when there's no good feed back.

I have the same problem in Dev. art ^_^ So I mostly just look for my own mistakes and compare it to other art pieces for improvement when there's no good feed back.

^_^ i would say that its the same for me but all my drawing there go to the scrap book bit that would also be because i don't know what to bloody label them as when i upload them.

i do look for my own mistake and they always stick out once i have uploaded them

^_^ i would say that its the same for me but all my drawing there go to the scrap book bit that would also be because i don't know what to bloody label them as when i upload them.

i do look for my own mistake and they always stick out once i have uploaded them

I guess after you upload them you can look back and improve from there? :lol: I don't know how to label Ponys either, so I just put mine in Anthro>Digital media>Misc. since mine aren't actually drawings. For you I think it'd be Antrho<Traditional media<drawings :)

(PS: this is how my "shines" come out, made this in History class during the Ancient Roman era)

post-7111-0-43720500-1345049310_thumb.png

• Brohoof 1

nice but the shading make it look a bit like a dirt rather then a shine maybe if iy was all shaded and you rub out bit that would give it a shine

also thats for the shading idea i think its improved RD and made her pop out

post-6033-0-40769500-1345049895_thumb.jpg

now im just looking for a back/left side shot of a pony so i have a good idea of how to draw Spitfire observing from a distance, also Spitfire in uniform or not in uniform?

• Brohoof 1

nice but the shading make it look a bit like a dirt rather then a shine maybe if iy was all shaded and you rub out bit that would give it a shine

also thats for the shading idea i think its improved RD and made her pop out

post-6033-0-40769500-1345049895_thumb.jpg

now im just looking for a back/left side shot of a pony so i have a good idea of how to draw Spitfire observing from a distance, also Spitfire in uniform or not in uniform?

(Finally back) Honeslty it's up to you whther you want Spitfire dressed not not :D . That "shine" or even shade thing i've showed you, it all depends on how deep you colour in one area, how hard you rub it around and how much you smear it around. You only need to do it afew time to master it, so no worries. + You're welcome :lol:

well its finished

post-6033-0-85106600-1345061412_thumb.jpg

i think i went overboard with Spitfires shading

now thanks everyone for the help :)

Nothing wrong with that. I've seen some truly diabolic first attempts at drawing ponies. Still, my advice is practice, practice, practice. Draw as many different ponies in as many different poses as you can. Thats how I started. I've found sticking with drawing ponies that are only standing still makes drawing movement difficult in the long run.

Nothing wrong with that. I've seen some truly diabolic first attempts at drawing ponies. Still, my advice is practice, practice, practice. Draw as many different ponies in as many different poses as you can. Thats how I started. I've found sticking with drawing ponies that are only standing still makes drawing movement difficult in the long run.

its not a first attempt i've been doing this for a month now, im just did this because i hit a rut, and wasn't sure what else to add and i was looking for a different thing to try, which i have. i never did a back shot of a pony but still looking to improve.