Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching Canterlot Tales: Total Over-ride (Sequel to Canterlot Mystery)

HigurSan

IC!

http://mlpforums.com/topic/30331-canterlot-tales-total-over-ride/

"You thought that it was all over didn't you? The murders, chaos, and the decpetion. Well you were wrong you miserable little ponies. Now you get to see the 'fruits' of your mistakes."

Prolouge
A standard Celestial year ago, Canterlot and the surrounding regions fell into chaos and disorder when a series of murders and mysterious events rocked Equestria's heiarchy. In total, seven ponies of minor to great nobility were found brutally slain in various fashions. Aswell, nearly a hundred normal mares and stallions met their death in the events that took place. The 'Great Cider Riot' was held responsible for most of these, but in truth many were just as random as the nobles. Authorities have officially locked down most of Equestria under a strict regime in order to keep the peice, slowly slacking their grip as time passes. Ponies have tried their best to forget the horrible events of those dark days, and move on with their normal lies.

In the further regions of Hoofington and River's Cross, the situation has remained dire. While the pegasus ponies of Cloudsdale and other floating cities have remained aloof from the troubles on the ground, anarchy has spread amongst the Earth Ponies. River's Cross in particular has fallen into disrepair. After King Ironhoof's abdication and the subsequent disappearance of his son Stonewall, the royal family of River's Cross was defunct. Over the course of the past year, they have gone through three dictators, a republic, and one confused donkey they randomly elected. Hoofington now suffers from a severe lack of ponies of any kind, and the few remaining residents only hold on by sheer tenacity.

One important chain of events in the muck and dirt is the arrival of technology to Equestria. While it was available in some forms and highly expensive, now basic devices like long ranged pict-casters and radios have arrived. Though powered by magic rather than electricity, the devices can only operate in the proximity of ponies. The buffalo and other species cannot use any of the devices when a pony is not nearby. Why this is remains unknown. On a side note, the vast majority of devices are made by Pony Inc, a reclusive and largely mysterious buisness enterprise.

Canterlot: Market District

Ponies of all kinds looked up at the sky for the daily broadcast. Right on time the image of Princess Celestia and her attendents flicked into view on large patches of air. All ponies would view the image as if it was looking directly at them by means of magic. The streets stood still under an uneasy peace, no one daring to speak until the broadcast was over. It began normal enough, the royal Canterlot crest flashing over the image breifly before the live feed began.

"Citizens of Canterlot," the Princess said with a smile. "I greet you, my loyal subjects. It has been brought to my attention that food shortages have arisen in the Residential District. To counter-act this, all prices on fruits will be decreased by five percent by tomorrow. Vegetable prices will be raised two percent to counter-act this. This is a non-negotiable order from the Canterlot Preservation Office. On another note, all fillies from Districts B through D are to report to their classrooms ten minutes earlier than standard. That is all."

Ponies relaxed a little, though none were entirely happy. For consumers the drop in prices meant more food, but the merchants knew that they had little enough as it is. There were more vegetables, but the prices had only gone up and no one was really able to buy them most of the time. Fillies weren't concerned with either of these, and regretted going to school earlier. School might have been fun at one point, but now it had become boring and sometimes scary. Teachers like Ms. Cherilee were long gone, and state ordained instructors constantly drilled information and dates into them. Though they didn't know it, the fillies were slowly being brain-washed to believe that they were superior to male ponies. It was never obvious, but some of the parents had become suspicious. No one had ever spoken out, but some ponies had moved away suddenly and without warning and left their children to be cared for by friends.

No one really noticed the pale white unicorn stallion walking slowly through the streets. Taller than the average pony, he was lithe with muscle and strength. Deep red eyes slowly panned out from under a long an jagged mane. The mane itself was striped with white and black. The only identifying mark being a small collar around his neck. Unicorns in Canterlot were becoming a sight that was best left out of your mind. Nearly all unicorns had been inducted into the Celestial Army, and no one knew what happened to the others. The C.A.N.S. had become a feared military enforcement agency, standing for Celestial Army New Standard. Most ponies simply ignored them, but the sort of ignoring that meant they were on their best behavior.

This one in particular was no different, though his eyes were almost unavoidable to those that were nearby. They seemed to suck your gaze into his, studying you critically for any sign of disobedience. Those that his gaze left would audible sigh, glad they hadn't been chosen. A small shriek drew everyone's attention, and a soft gasp came from their mouths. The stallion had pulled a seemingly random filly from her mother, hoisting her in the air with magic. While her mother pleaded, he seperated the mass of curls in her hair and found what he wanted. A tiny magical horn poked from her head, a marking that meant the end for many. Without a second glance, he began to walk away with the filly in tow, leaving the sobbing mother crying on the cobblestones. A nearby radio played a patriotic choir singing the Canterlot Anthem, a strange frame for the times.

"When we-all go down to the valle-e-ey~
Such great fun-and-joy that we ha-a-a-ve!
Yes lets-all go down to the valle-e-ey~
And take back the Glory that we ha-a-a-d!"

Rules: (Short)
1. I expect you guys to have fun. Maybe we are all confused, but it should be enjoyable!
2. Please be literate! Even if you have short posts, make them worthwhile rather than just responding!
3. Spelling, Grammar, and coherency. I want to be able to read what you intend.
4. Respect others. I want no fights in here. If you ABSOLUTELY need a mediator, we will do it in private chat.
5. Unfortunately, I would like people to generally keep to the plot. It may not be obvious what I intend at times, but please ask me before you introduce aliens or a master race of pigs.

Character Sheet!: (Past Characters send me your sheets in a link!)

Name:
Age: (For rp purposes, the growth of five human years is equivelant to one standard Clestial Year.)
Species: (Keep it in the Pony Universe.)
Male/Female:
Description: (Include what type of Pony you are if applicable.)
History: (Breif description of your past.) Edited by Higurashi

Nice to see this coming back! I will use Fine Tune again like last time...

BTW: what has actually happened to our characters since last time? Or is this an entirely new show?

And more importantly... WILL FINE STILL HAVE 'LIGHTNING GRINDER'?? :wub:

This is about 1 year after the old rp, though I'm not really sure what's happened to them since then. Ebony has been in hiding, so I'd guess Fine was doing the same.

Really, what happened to your characters since then is left up to the people that made the character in the first place. I would request that you stay inside the paramenters I have set, or at least not go completely overboard. Fine Tune could have been fighting the growing Celestial Regime, but he would be wanted dead on sight if so. If you were a unicorn, you have three options, run far away, hide, or be brainwashed/killed. To explain, the Celestial Regime has been taking or killing all the unicorn's (or Alicorns if they come across them).

So ultimately you decide if you still know each other, or are seperate. Just make sure to have everyone agree to it beforehand if you are a group.

ALSO:

While you don't have to state everything you did in the past year, a short synopsis would be appreciated, and you must end up in Ponyville by some manner when the events of the RP Start.

I never say that... Just tell them you love 'em, man!! It's not as if people automatically assume that it is eros that you feel!!

Anyway, as for the main plotline.. will that be governed by yourself, Hig?

Hig breifly explained what was going on to me, and yes he'll be running the joint. :D

Can't wait to get started, I've missed rping with you guys.

Hig breifly explained what was going on to me, and yes he'll be running the joint. :D

Can't wait to get started, I've missed rping with you guys.

Me too..

I've been roleplaying too much zombie stuff. I need a reality check. :I

Yes I will be running the rp this time around. I ended up doing alot last time aswell. All three of you are in of course!

Ball: Geograhpy for Fine Tune is mostly up to you, as most of Equestria is not described in Canon. I suscribe to the established and drawn map, but I love making up places. (Like Stonewall's hometown.)

Everyone: I know this may sound rude, but as said before I love creativity in conjunction with sensibility. I doubt nukes are anywhere in the near future. (Well magical nukes maybe, but it would require a ton of power.)

Anyways:

Main post will be up tonight.

• Brohoof 1