Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Disciples of Nightmare Moon (My orginal characters)

Midnight Seeker

Hello guys. This is just something I did a while ago. I was mucking around with GeneralZoi pony creator and made these weird guys. Each has a code for the Pony Creator under their name. I'm planning a few fanfics around them. I'd be happy to hear your thoughts.  

Disciples of Nightmare Moon

The Disciples are an order of Ponies that believed that the Mare on the Moon’s return and dominance was inevitable. They turned to dark magic and swore themselves to her cause. The founders of the order were more compassionate than evil. As they thought her reign was destined to happen, their goal was to serve her, and save other ponies. Because of their forbidden practices and misunderstood nature, the majority of the Disciples were seen as outcasts and freaks. Some even looked forward to this change of power. The Disciples either recruited from loyal families, or adopted ponies who were treated as outcasts by the rest of Equestria. The order was always small, and more like a family to its members. They avoided other ponies most of the time and simply preformed research into magic and other areas. The order was mostly Unicorns, but had a fair number of Pegasus and Earth ponies. The rituals that all that join the Disciples undergo change their appearance, often causing them to grow unnatural horns. Once night every year, they would commune with Nightmare Moon. This allowed the Disciples to pledge their loyalty to her. When Nightmare Moon changed back to Luna, the order was at a loss. They were approached by Princess Celestia herself who promised them that their vigil was ended, and that they could pursue normal lives. Most accepted that the change was not to happen, and the order as a whole followed Luna’s example. A few malcontents rejected this, and left to follow their own dark plans. The Disciples of Nightmare Moon was dissolved, but the members have not forgotten their lore.

Midnight Seeker 3K0S0V4300000000FFC49D020210008FEUN1837203241020U030230FFF7FFF04107F3FCC004CB2

A loner unicorn with a love of the night, Seeker is seen as mad and creepy by all other ponies. He lives in a ruined mansion far from other ponies and their judgements. Although he is rather weird, he makes a point out of being nice and polite (which takes his guests by surprise). He is skilled at illusions and summoning bizarre spirits he calls Djinn. He dearly wishes the Mare of the Moon had taken over, but accepts that it simply wasn’t to be. He has no desire to cause pain or suffering to any pony, but he is fascinated by what Luna could have created. He is not really bothered by loneliness much, as he has several correspondents that he frequently communicates with. He keeps his beliefs to himself mostly, but will happily elaborate on them if asked. He has a wicked sense of humour and loves to play the host. Seeker has a vast library filled with a lot of obscure works and his own research. His cutie mark shows his desire for hidden knowledge. The horns on his head are a mystery that only he knows. How did they get there? By growing he would answer. Why did they grow? He would only smile. Expanded bio

Name: Midnight Seeker Age: Early 20's Gender: Male Appearance: Black fur, with brown mane and tail. His unicorn horn is black but he has a pair of ram horns that are the colour of bone. He has dark blue eyes. He is often smiling and in good humour. His cutie mark is a star obscured by a cloud showing his love for hidden lore Personality: A bit weird by the standards of most, but well mannered and good natured. Seeker does have the habit of playing up his creepy evil pony reputation, but only as a joke. He does have a good sense of humour and loves to play host. He has a strong love of the night and often sleeps during the day (he gets really grumpy when forced to be awake in day time). He's a bit of a loner and gets really nervous when he is the focus of too much attention. He mostly keeps to himself and keeps in contact with others through letters. He adores creepy and strange things and loves learning secrets. He never calls on Celestia (as in "Oh my sweet Celestia") but say things like "by the Rising Moon!" and "Oh my Darkest Mare!". Full story: Seeker was born in small village not to far away from Manehatten. He comes from a family of unicorns. Ever since he was a filly, he was seen as a strange one. He enjoyed reading ghost stories and old legends. He never liked singing and playing the games other young ponies liked. He grew up, liked by some, but close to no one but his grandfather. After his grandfather died, he left Seeker a special book. Seeker read it and left home he next day. Following its advice, he preformed a dark ritual to grant himself hidden knowledge. This was how he learned of the Djinn and how to deal with them. Shortly after, he was approached by Mother Eldritch and invited to join the Disciples of Nightmare Moon. He formed a close friendship with the angry Pegasus Sunset Dreamer and became very friendly with the rest of the disciples (although he hated Vortex and did his best to avoid him). When Nightmare Moon changed back to Luna the order was confused and shocked. Seeker who had looked forward to the change fell into a small depression. When Celestia came to the order, she promised them that their vigil was over and that she could give them a normal life again. Most of the Disciples took her up on that offer, and only five declined. Seeker made it clear that the path he had chosen was the path that gave him happiness. Although the change would never happen, he was still happy with who he was and was still loyal to the family (the nickname the Disciples call themselves). Seeker was given control of the Disciple archives, a large mansion that stands on the top of the Thunder Mountains. He does his own research and happily corresponds with the other Disciples and a few ponies with an small interest in the same matters. He misses Sunset Dreamer. He has a pet spider called Dancer.

Sunset Dreamer 2L5K0010902853939EF4FE01811FE1212U71837015040000Y1BC0F0F80FE8012107F3FCC004CB2

Sunset Dreamer is an angry Pegasus with a major belief in her own superiority. Her wings are bat-like, and her eyes are deep red. She is very vain, but is a mask for what is really a scared and unhappy pony. She is a scientific genius with a skill for archaeology. She can be quite charming when she is not angry. The early days of Sunset Dreamer are not open to discussion. She hides her cutie mark and her past well. She is know to get apoplectic with rage when pushed on that subject, so most learned to leave that area alone. She became friends with Midnight Seeker because they had both joined the Disciples of Nightmare Moon at the same time and were the same age. Because of their different views on the new world, they ended that friendship, but agreed to remain civil as they both wanted the same thing. When Nightmare Moon was defeated and the Disciples agreed that the new world was not to be, Dreamer flew into a terrible rage. She struck up an alliance with the insane Vortex, with the goal of turning Princess Luna back into the Nightmare.

Vortex

1N002S54049C2A9BE0FE660413199FE00UK1837013011002U18C000003FE5F0Y107F3FCC004CB2

Vortex is an utterly insane former member of the Disciples. He loves multiple clashes of colour and that shows on his person. His eyes are green and orange and have a bizarreness about them that is very unnerving to most. His cutie mark shows his love of chaos and confusion. No one really knows how his unicorn horn was broken, or where the four green horns on his head came from. He is very cheery and out going, but he stares at others for two long, and tends to make frequent jokes about horrible things that happen to others. He shows almost no empathy for anyone (not even himself). He is always grinning. His insanity should not be mistaken for stupidity. He knows a lot of magic and has an amazing memory. His happy demeanour is a mask for a truly malevolent soul. His keen mind gives him a great ability to manipulate others. Other members of the Disciples gave him a wide berth as even they found him disturbing. Following the defeat of Nightmare Moon, he hatched a new plan, and started to work with Sunset Dreamer.

Mother Eldritch 4B1F1H7570443F56E4FE1704341F4FC00UF183702H24000081CC00003300FE01107F3FCC004CB2

The last matriarch of the Disciples, Mama Mystery (as she is nicknamed) is a living treasure trove of secrets. She led the Disciples with a gentle but firm hand. She nudged younger members into areas where their talents showed, and helped them to play on their strengths. She was keen to encourage the compassionate nature of the Disciples, but she remained cynical and aloof around outsiders. She was confused but quietly glad when Nightmare Moon changed back to Luna. She encouraged the other Disciples to accept the change, and was delighted when Celestia came to offer friendship. Eldritch serves both Princesses as an adviser now. She is a unicorn, who blended magic and science to give her wings. In spite of her fearsome appearance (she has razor sharp teeth and other unnatural looks); she enjoys the nicer things in life. She is quietly keeping tabs on both Vortex and Sunset.

Count Toxin

066CC66066CC66D66CC66066CC66300000004E8FBAFFFF8C8080F07066CC667000000066CC66

Haughty and arrogant, Count Toxin is the last scion of a noble family. He has always kept to himself, even when he was a ranking member of the Disciples. His clan had been long affiliated with the cabal and used it great wealth to finance it. When the end of the Disciples came, he chose to retire to his family castle and continue his own work. The Count has a clear dislike of others, and spends his time on alchemy and other sciences. He is a master of poisons and antidotes, and can tolerate others with the same interest and skill. In spite of his unpleasant demeanour, The Count conducts himself with honour and civility. His malice and cruelty are limited only to those who deserve them. He corresponds with Seeker and Eldritch, and has concern for Sister Dirge (who sees him as an uncle like figure). Dirge is the only pony who Toxin seems to like.

Sister Dirge

066CC6611109099820E54066CC66066CC669CC0000191919266CC66266CC66266CC66266CC66 Once a legend within the Disciples, Sister Dirge is now dependent on her former colleagues and students. She was a close friend, rival and partner to Eldritch and indeed assisted her in the creation of the magical-mech wings which both use. One of the few earth ponies in the Disciples, she was also one of their best innovators and researchers. It was an immortality experiment that cursed her. Although the process worked, it turned her into a filly and regressed her mind. She is still a genius, but this is hampered by her childlike behaviour, attitudes and vulnerabilities. She would rather play and pester the other Disciples than carry on her research. She has a major crush on Count Toxin and sees Eldritch as her big sister (even though Dirge is technically older). Anything creepy or scary about Sister Dirge is nothing compared to how cute she is. She may not be fazed by things other ponies find scary (indeed, they range between reassuring and fun for her), but she enjoys having fun and looking pretty. She enjoys being helpful (although she’s more enthusiastic than capable) and loves games. She is cared for by Count Toxin, who she has a very large crush on. The Count will lay down discipline when required, but otherwise is very kind to her. Many of the other Disciples of Nightmare Moon lament that her understanding of science and magic is forever lost, not realizing that she still has that knowledge and skill. She simply has no urge to focus on those subjects any more.

Edited by Midnight Seeker
  • Brohoof 3

I didn't want to spam if anyone wasn't interested, which is why I gave the creation codes. I have Seeker as my own avatar (derrrrr), but here's Sunset

post-7734-0-63442700-1347808008_thumb.jpg

and Vortex

post-7734-0-06498700-1347808063_thumb.jpg

Why do all of they have to be so creepy? Vortex was really creepy and I don't think they properly define Nightmare Moon. She was beauty and power while these are creepy and secrecy.

The orginal Disciples were trying to appeal to her (In their own way) that they where worthy enough to serve her. To do so, they were trying to show that they wanted nothing to do with Celestia. Most of the ponies who joined were somehow hurt or felt like outcasts.

They didn't want to immatate Nightmare Moon as that would be a little arrogant (and might annoy her (which wouldn't be wise)).

To be honest, these are the Goths and Addams Family of Equestra.

They though her rule would come no matter what (it doesn't mean that they all WANTED it to happen).

• Brohoof 1

Some more of the Diciples. I'll upload them two at a time.

Here's Seeker (my OC and a very nice young colt)

post-7734-0-41236000-1347808483_thumb.jpg

Mother Eldrich (A charming mare of the night)

post-7734-0-80663400-1347808519_thumb.jpg

Last of all, the last scion of his family

Count Toxin

post-7734-0-72902300-1347809113_thumb.jpg

And his wee ward, the cutest thing to ever play with the forces of Darkness. . .

Sister Dirge

post-7734-0-77967200-1347809186_thumb.jpg

and that me dears, are my ponies. Just don't look Vortex too long in the eye, mind your manners around the Count and avoid making Dreamer angry!

• Brohoof 2

Well, Seeker and Dirge look cute but the rest... Eh, no thanks. they scare me, a lot. A whole bucking lot. Sericly, what where you THINKING?

Lots of different things

"Hrmmmm, this is cool I guess"

"Alright! I made my own pony!"

"Maybe a few more wouldn't hurt. . . "

"Yeah, she's looking cool, but I could really hate you you twisted little git!"

"More!!!"

"Ummmmm. . . oh I know! Who would lead them!"

"Who else, who else, who else????"

"Too stupid"

"Just not right. . ."

"F***ING BINGO!"

"Something cute. . . "

"Aha!"

"I loves you my darlings! Daddy loves you all! Exept you Vortex! Get back in your hole!"

• Brohoof 1

You know, If I could get used to Vortex, I might just be his only friend, teach him how to be cute, show him to Laren Faust, play with him, ect.

I really don't advice it. What I put up are just the basic notes of the characters. Their whole stories stay in my head until the time comes for them to be told. If the truth about Vortex where know, Discord himself would tremble. If you see Vortex as a pony version of The Joker from The Dark Knight, then you start to realize that'd you'd be best praying he never notices you.

• Brohoof 1

Sheesh, all I wanted was to be her friend, oh well, like she even cares. Now what if Chatocic Discord saw Voctex? Just imagine his reaction!

Vortex is a boy.

Sunset Dreamer on the other hoof needs a friend. Pity she's working with Vortex. No good will come of that.

And yep, that thing with Chatocic Discord would be fun.

Oh. Well I'm not used to Sunset and I would rather be with Voctex, since I'm starting to like him. too bad he does not like me at all.

Oh no, he'd love you. Just as much as Pinkie Pie loves Rainbow Dash in Cupcakes!

He'd be singing all the way as well! He'd have a lot of fun!

• Brohoof 1

Most people do seem to like the Count. I think of him as a anti-socal and haughty jerk with a heart of gold

I'm really glad you folks like them! I have to head to work now. If you want a bit of insight as to why I'm a bit weird, my shift is 6pm til 6pm the next day.

Have a good one guys!

Oh hi.

I also enjoy making OCs who are rather on the villain side.

For example:

The Shadow (or Soul Shade) is a unicorn and master illusionist who wears shining chrome armor and a mask to hide his scarred flesh. He suffered a tragic accident as a young colt that left him not only physically, but mentally scarred--he now possesses an irrational fear and hatred of laughter. His self-imposed purpose is to twist ponies' dreams into nightmares and use their worst fears against them.

I'm almost done with the fanfic that showcases him as a character: http://www.fimfiction.net/story/47635/The-Shadowed-Nightmare

I'm guessing you are planning to use these characters in a fanfic. I was wondering if you would be interested in a colloborative fic using these characters and an OC of mine called Puzzle Master, who I could tell you about if you are interested in this idea.

• Brohoof 2

Oh hi.

For example:

The Shadow (or Soul Shade) is a unicorn and master illusionist who wears shining chrome armor and a mask to hide his scarred flesh. He suffered a tragic accident as a young colt that left him not only physically, but mentally scarred--he now possesses an irrational fear and hatred of laughter. His self-imposed purpose is to twist ponies' dreams into nightmares and use their worst fears against them.

I'm almost done with the fanfic that showcases him as a character: http://www.fimfictio...dowed-Nightmare

I'm guessing you are planning to use these characters in a fanfic. I was wondering if you would be interested in a colloborative fic using these characters and an OC of mine called Puzzle Master, who I could tell you about if you are interested in this idea.

The background of your OC is great, and I'm also starting to read your fanfiction of that, which is also good. Although the Fluttershy part makes me a bit queasy.

The background of your OC is great, and I'm also starting to read your fanfiction of that, which is also good. Although the Fluttershy part makes me a bit queasy.

In that case, you might want to brace yourself for the second chapter (it'll be finished before the week is up). The whole thing is pretty much the Mane 6 overcoming the Shadow's manipulative fear illusions and it's most similar to the introductory scene with Fluttershy.

However the ending couple scenes not only build up for the sequel, but gives the reader an interesting insight into the Shadow's backstory.

Oh hi.

For example:

I'm almost done with the fanfic that showcases him as a character: http://www.fimfictio...dowed-Nightmare

You do good work mate, I quite enjoyed the story (including the nod to a Nightmare of Elm Street in Fluttershy's dream). I think that you're on to something with what you are doing, and I'm looking forward to the rest.

As to your offer. . . I won't lie, I'm a bit stunned. I am honestly happy that you like my characters so much you are interested in collaborating. I won't be able to take you up on that for the moment (my own plans for them, plus other projects of mine and my job) mean it would be a while before I'd have the time to contribute. To be clear, I am not brushing you off, and would be delighted to work on something in the future. Thank you for the offer. I hope to enjoy the rest of The Shadowed Nightmare.

• Brohoof 1

You do good work mate, I quite enjoyed the story (including the nod to a Nightmare of Elm Street in Fluttershy's dream). I think that you're on to something with what you are doing, and I'm looking forward to the rest.

Somepony got my reference! :D

Anyway...

I said that the next chapter would be up before the end of the week, and...well...here it is. http://www.fimfictio...dowed-Nightmare

Again, a bit of a warning...if the Fluttershy bit made you a bit queasy...that's kind of the tone that most of the second chapter has, since it's primarily the story of the Mane 6 each individually fighting the Shadow on a psychological level.

The story arc is kind of short, but my original plan was to make it the same format as an actual episode. It kinda ended up a bit too dark for that, but still, the length is around the same as a two-parter, not counting the epilogue/sequel build-up.

Edited by Night Shine