Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I915 chipset.

princess baconlestia

as some of us may know, certain laptops dating around 2004 - 2005 have the intel i915 chipset. i'm looking for any thing to help performance. this chipset is so bad. the integrated graphics chip, the gma915 express, lags. everywhere. even playing a youtube video. i need help!

How about you just sell that old ass laptop and get a better one? Maybe a lenovo X201 or something. At least those are from 2010.

Keep in mind that I am nothing of a computer wiz. Since nobody replied to your post, I just figured I should give the petite amount of help that I could.

Oh, and first.

Edited by Jverne
  • Brohoof 1

I could recommend a few Linux distros that are far less intensive than Windows, but that's probably not what you're looking for.

The only option you really have is to get a new machine. Things like that aren't upgradeable in laptops, and given the age of the whole system you wouldn't want to even if you could. The Lenovo recommendation above is pretty good. I have a Lenovo G770 myself. Lenovo is a brand I swear by now. Last time I checked they were second only to Dell in laptop sales. Their popularity has only recently soared to where it is now, but they've been making Thinkpads for years now. I'm surprised by how many people still think that's IBM. Nope, Lenovo. Check them out.

The only thing that would make a difference is faster RAM with lower timings. However, Intel's GMA series is notorious for being a pile of trash, even by 2004 standards. Best bet is a new laptop. Intel's HD series of graphics is actually decent even for integrated, so you'd be safe in getting a new laptop with Intel Integrated. Provided its at least Intel HD 3000 if not stronger.