Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

lets play An Asian and an American Shoot Zombies

Ghosted

Hello Everypony!

My friend and I are thinking about doing a Let's Play, and we would like nothing more than this community to be a part of it! Our only problem is, we have ideas, but can't make up our mind. So I am here to ask you to choose one of our ideas (or if you have a better idea, please tell us!)

1: Minecraft

We were going to play on a Seed that we have found, with villages, ravines, etc. Our plan would be to speed run through minecraft with about 4 total people. We would film the entire thing (voice commentary and screen play) and we would cut it so boring things wouldn't be in it.

2: Fallout New Vegas

A possible idea, we were thinking playing as certain characters. Here, you can give us an idea for a character. Do you want a person who uses unarmed only? A character who never fights? We WILL finish the game! So feel free to give us ideas.

3: Left 4 Dead 2

All the campaigns. On Hard. Realism mode. Simple as that. There would be 4 players, and we might bump the difficulty up if it seems too boring (after all, it is only interesting if it's difficult right?)

So please feel free to help us decide! If you have other games, or requests, I would LOVE to hear it!

Edited by NeonDinosGoMeow
  • Brohoof 1

Yeah, I'm the friend joining in on this. Along with just playing the game, we're also willing to take requests for certain restrictions/requirements for playing the game, or using certain mods.

• Brohoof 1

Thats cool. I do lets plays also. I would love to join, but if you dont want me to thats fine.Depends on what you are into, for me i would do l4d2 cause its fine with 2 people. But Minecraft is better with more

Edited by kappa214

I see, but more people means more possibilities for griefing, or something to go wrong. But I do understand your point, and we are thinking about anywhere from 4 to maybe even 6.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Well thats unless you trust them not to. I for instance dont grief. I think griefing is for people who cant find things. Maybe i can be in the lets play?

I'll definitely keep in touch with you! The Minecraft one would seem the most likely, but I can't say "Yes" yet because we still need to get things ready and what-not.

Edited by NeonDinosGoMeow

I got killing floor. I really love that game. I need people to do a lets play on it. Well my steam is doom2053 or kappa214. i can only be on during the weekends .Do you guys have a video game recorder?

• Brohoof 1

I got killing floor. I really love that game. I need people to do a lets play on it. Well my steam is doom2053 or kappa214. i can only be on during the weekends .Do you guys have a video game recorder?

Not at the moment, but we have large access to tech stuff.

Hint: I work for a tech department for my school, but they may not have that stuff.

I got a recording program. Its called fraps. Alot of people use it. you can probably find a cracked version of it. if not ill send it to you.

That'd be really cool! We were wondering about that, but school has been keeping us busy. We are looking at maybe Christmas break, Thanksgiving break, something like that. Whenever we just have enough time to tell homework to take a hike and hit the computers and video games.

Bumpin' from the nethers of page one...

We are in the process of getting a private Minecraft server set up (though this doesn't mean we won't play on public servers from time to time). There is also plans for acquiring some of the games suggested in this thread and others.

No, this isn't dead. We are just very slow workers. :)

Left 4 dead

Or minecraft ( oh god minecraft )

I'm also a camera guy! I can record my screen at 60 fps at 720p

And edit with a pro program

Camtasia is what I use... And it's 20% cooler than fraps

Plus... I am a gaming master XD

Edited by villan97

Your post title was enough to attract me.

I would suggest Minecraft, definitely. If you are willing to go through the trouble of making a LAN server, that is. You will also need pretty good internet, I would suggest CAT5 cables for both of you. Minecraft is one of my favorite games, and my favorite PC game.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, so many Minecraft Let's Play!s out there...I was initially against even trying that game, but maybe we can make it work. And also...

Your post title was enough to attract me.

That's the goal. ;)

---

UPDATE, YO.

---

So the other day NeonDinos and I went to a gaming party and used it as a sort of "beta test" for our own commentary while playing Left 4 Dead 2. The rest of the party found our commentary lol-worthy, so we are confident in moving forward. Now it is just a matter of getting a capture card for console gaming and/or FRAPS for PC gaming. It's just the problem of acquiring said materials. Advice on programs to use, cards to buy, or other tech to utilize is appreciated and encouraged.

---

Hey, looky-looky, there's more!

Once we have everything we need, we want to get a video published as soon as possible - we were thinking the easiest first game to test ourselves out on would be Minecraft (yes, everyone does Minecraft Let's Plays...shoot us.) So if you are interested in joining us on our first foray into the world of Let's Plays, send both I and NeonDinosGoMeow a PM (put us both in the list of recipients so we can keep track of things more easily) with your Minecraft username and a picture of either a good creation of yours OR a humorous Minecraft chat log. C'mon, you know you want to. :wub: We'll choose as many people as we can and, once we have the gear we need, all hop on a server and observe what happens.

Thanks for faking showing interest in this project!

(P.S. Diamond dog wants diamonds. :unsure: )

Edited by Kolth
  • Brohoof 1

?? What is it that makes it important to mention race in something that shouldn't have anything to do with race? It's a game, not a social studies class, haha.

I have an Xbox but Kolth has a PS3. We are also planning on doing Wii, but as Kolth said, at the gaming party we experienced hilarity in the realm of system linking our Xbox's to have four people playing Left for Dead 2. (Especially since you have me, it was hilarious) ;)

• Brohoof 1