Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private What Lies Under Canterlot...

Faceless

He looks around to see who was there... Even though his vision had gone a little blurry in the light, he could still see who was there.

"No Honey in sight... Yet." he said, hoping that she'd follow...

"Wait... Maybe I can be of help again... To get in..." he said, with a sleepy smirk on his face.

Purplepower turned to Zhooves. "How?" She said a little bit absent mindedly. She was mainly thinking about why Honey didn't follow them. Hmmm.... I wonder why she stayed on the train. She seemed really interested in this quest or whatever. She began to go into nerd mode about it. Oh stop it brain, I'm sure there's some reason.

"How? Sounds interesting." shouted Willow as she slowed down her flapping and landed messily at the end of the shadowed tunnel behind her. Her wings stung a little, the wind was beating hard against them. She flapped off most of the pain, and continued. Willow opened the zipper on her bag and withdrew a piece of lined paper and a pencil. Placing the paper on the ground, she sat down and began writing on the loose leaf, in deep focus. Her pencil stopped moving, then she spat the pencil back in her bag and placed the paper inside as well, then zipped it closed and stood back up. So, you decide to lay down in the middle of a serious conversation and write something? Idiot. Shut up, me! I'm starting to get angry!

"I'm open to suggestions." Faceless mewed, hand on his chin as he started to think himself. This leader-kind-of stuff is hard. One minute I have the perfect team together. I've lost a member, been locked out a city and stood up my friend on the station! It was then Faceless realised he was meant to be meeting Bait at the train station. If only we had a unicorn...

He lands and sits down, facing in the general direction of the others in the group. His eyes showed that he clearly didn't focus on anything, as if he's looking at empty space.

"Um... You might think now - 'He's going to suggest sneaking in at night, using his night-eyes to get an advantage...

But you most likely don't know it, but I've actually made a couple of paintings and drawings... Hanging at the Canterlot Castle, and a gallery there..." he took a deep breath.

"They might let me and a few followers in though the back-door... The gallery's got one in case they have to evacuate the art... And I tend to use that entrance whenever I want to get into the city...". He starts to sleepily bopping from side to side.

"What I'm saying, is that there's a door at the cliff-side of Canterlot we could use..."

"Hmmm..." Purplepower began to think out loud. "Too bad we can't somehow hang on to the train. Hey! Maybe if we could catch up to the train before it went through the magic shield or whatever we could hang onto the bottom!" She stopped, realizing that she had said it out loud before thinking it through. "Errr, I mean, uhhh....."

"Sounds good. However, when we get into the city, I'll slow you guys down when guards will be on the look out. What you could do is go to this address" Faceless writes down a simple street and the name of a cafe called: "Griffin's Peak".

"When you get there, ask to see the head chef. He's been looking for an entrance to the tunnels so you can scout it out with him. I'll find my way to there in my own time.

"But Zhooves, tell us more about the entrance."

"Purplepower's idea might work too. If we hurry, we can catch Bait on the station."

Edited by Faceless

"As thy wish..." he said, continuing his explanation:

"It's in a small cave-entrance close to the base of the cliff Canterlot is built upon... It should be outside any barrier. And... Um... Before you ask; Yes, it is surveilled, but not by official royal guards... They're more like museum-guards, who only lets artists whose work is displayed there, as well as the few who works there. Oh, and guests are okay. As long as they're not big outlaws or anything..." he said, as he almost fell over to his side.

After Cossid exited out of the tunnel she became exhausted then fell face down onto the ground. She slowly sat up as she tried to pay attention the group's conversation. "An art gallery entrance? Never knew there was one. That could work and if we do follow Purplepower's idea to hang at the bottom of the train to get there then those guards would at least never expect us to return back...."  she thought. 

• 3 weeks later...

Purplepower sat down, while looking over at Canterlot. "Well, I'm good with whatever you guys want to do." She said quietly. "But either way we should probably hurry.....who knows how much longer we can wait before we lose our chance to get in....." She began to trail off a bit, unsure of if she should have said anything or not. She continued to look over at Canterlot, hoping they could get in.

"Hmm," Faceless murmured, thinking both plans through. "While Purplepower's plan would be quicker, we would be slap-bang in dangerous territory. On the other hand, Zhooves' plan is rather slow, but safe. However, it seems to be further away from our destination..."

He rubbed a hoof on the bridge of his muzzle and sighed. "We could split up?"

He thinks for a moment.

"I'm fine with whatever you choose... I'm no leader-type, and both ways seems okay with me - be it walking straight in or taking the back-door." he said, actually falling over onto his side this time, a bit uncomfortable where he lies on the ground.

Cossid held and petted Click as she meditated on the different options on how they would reach underground. "I'm not sure if we should split up or not..." she thought, "...but I agree with Zhooves...whatever everyone else decides to do is fine. Purplepower is right we must hurry we shouldn't lose any chances of getting in...What did Willowmist wrote on her paper and placed in her bag?" 

Faceless sighed and clipped his hooves together.

"Right, I'm up for Zhooves' idea. With any luck, Honey can meet Bait at the station and go to the cafe, if she wants to have anything to do with us at all."

Flyer turned around to the group. "Well then! Lets get on with it. Don't want to be locked out forever!"

Purplepower flew up of of the ground. "Right!" She said as she readjusted her saddlebag. "I'm ready when you guys are!" She said, trying to sound casual. Inside she was, well, freaking out. I don't know what you were thinking when you said yes, but there was something wrong with you, brain! She thought, while she continued to hover above the ground.

Willow put her saddlebag on her back again, then began to hover lightly off the ground. "Let's do this." she said casually, though a tone of urgency still loomed in her voice as she spoke.  She gathered up her senses and stopped hovering, waiting until it was time to go.

"Okay then... Lead the way." he says, getting back up on his hooves before realizing what he just said.

"Oh... Right... I'm leading the way...". He started to fly a few meters in a direction before stopping.

"Which way was Canterlot again? Maybe somepony else should lead the way till we get there... I'm bad at directions at this altitude..."

• Brohoof 1

"Okay, follow me for this part then," Faceless said, as he took point of the group. "It will be quicker if we flew to Canterlot." Flyer shook his wings and started to ascend. "You want to go to the cliffs, right Zhooves?"

Faceless had a proper good look around him and realised they weren't as far of from Canterlot as he thought.

He tilted his head to try and clear it a bit, before he hovered in Faceless' direction.

"Yeah... On the north side, and a ledge down close to the base somewhere... I'll know it once I see it... It's marked, though still a bit hidden by a few rocks and such." he says, preparing himself for the flight.

"Okay, I'll get us to the North side." Faceless started at a moderate pace towards the north side of Canterlot, keeping an eye out for anything out of the ordinary.

"We are going to give Canterlot a wide berth, just in case we find something that wants to find us."

Cossid stood up to follow the others and then drew back her wings before she flew in the sky looking out for anything unusual or if anypony is pursuing them on their way to their destination.

"I hope we can all get there safely..." she thought to herself.

• 4 weeks later...

(OOC: dang this thing just keeps dying...)

Purplepower followed behind Cossid and Flyer, quietly flying near the back of the group. She looked up and saw Canterlot and the mountain it was on. Wow I wanted to see Canterlot but I never thought that I would be sneaking in! She thought to herself, finding rather amusing.

(OOC: I know, right?)

Faceless finally maneuvered himself to the North side of Canterlot, looking intently for some sort of mark. "Well you hid the tunnel rather well. I don't even think a Diamond Dog could find something like this. So where is it, Zhooves?" 

"Should be around here..." he said, looking at the rocky cliff. For a second he completely opened his always half-shut eyes, and stared at a tiny ledge with some bushes to get a better look.

"...Over there. A crescent moon right above those bushes." he said, pointing to a really small crescent moon cut into the cliff-side above the bushes.

(OOC: Sorry, was gone from the forums for a few days...)