Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private What Lies Under Canterlot...

Faceless

Link to OOC Topic: http://mlpforums.com/topic/38630-what-lies-under-canterlot/#entry911751

It is a beautiful day in Ponyville. Ponies went by their normal lives while somepony else decided to make his completely abnormal.

It was in Ponyville's library that a black pegasus "squeed", rather high-pitchly, at an old book.

"Here it is! The book tells of a legendary city under Canterlot. Twilight! Do you realize what this means?" He said, excitedly.

"No, and I don't want to find out. The stories were a legend, Faceless. They were something to tell to little foals before they slept."

Faceless ignored her and continued: "It says that a journal was found inside one of the tunnels from a search party."

At this, Twilight froze and narrowed her eyes.

"Yep, poor soul never made it out but he said the tunnels were filled with deadly traps." Faceless paused to mull over that fact. "I wonder why the ponies would set traps?"

"Faceless, have you been in my special collection of books?" Twilight quickly snatched away the book and folded her arms. Flyer looked at her and answered with a drawn out: "Maaaaybeeee..."

"I do not want you going into those tunnels. Celestia has forbidden- Where the hay are you going?" Twilight asked, sternly, as Faceless made his way to the exit.

"I'm going to find some ponies willing to come down with me. Bye!" And with that, the door to the library slammed. Twilight stood in place, before rushing over to her quill and paper.

"Dear Princess Celestia..." She began to write...

Edited by Faceless

Purplepower was flying towards the library. She was going to try a new duct tape project and wanted to see if there was a book on how to do it. I've really got to get this done if I want to be able to use it. She was going to build a duct tape saddlebag because she needed a new one. She wasn't looking where she was going and bumped into somepony coming out of the library. "Oh, I'm sorry! I wasn't looking where I was going." She was kicking herself for being stupid enough to not look where she was going.

A yellow moth flew and landed on one of the street lamp lights. Cossid held her moth net firmly in her mouth for she was determined to capture and eat it for supper. She jumped off the top of the library then glided toward the moth. The yellow moth sensed her coming toward it and left the lamp post. Cossid hits the lamp post and groaned in pain as she rubbed her bruised forehead. After her vision cleared a little she saw two ponies; one is a black pegasus and the other a purple one begin to talk to each other. Cossid became curious and wanted to know what they were talking about but too nervous to approach them. She hides inside the library's bushes and perked up her ears to listen more on their conversation. Edited by Limestone

"Oh, I'm sorry. I wasn't really in an "aware" frame of mine myself." I start to blush slightly at knocking into the mare. I look at the pony in front of me in interest. Her cutie mark raised many questions.

"So... what are you looking for in the library?" I ask, seeing if it would give any answers to her quirky cutie mark...

"Oh, I'm trying to make a new saddlebag out of duct tape and I wanted to see if there were any books that might be helpful." Purplepower looked at her saddlebag. "The one I have right now is falling apart." Ugh why the hay did I say that at all? She wasn't exactly good at the art of conversation. Edited by Purplepower

Faceless looked intrigued at this statement. It explained the cutie mark, of course, but a skill like that could be extreme useful on his quest...

However, Faceless did not want to put the mare in danger. Maybe I could subtly ask her, or maybe...

"I'm going on a potentially dangerous quest..." Oh, great work, Faceless. I'm just going on a "potentially dangerous quest"? Who brings that up in conversation...

"What kind of 'quest' do you mean?" Way to go, genius. He totally won't think you're weird for saying that. I should just keep my mouth shut. Purplepower was a little embarrassed. Why do I say stupid stuff like that? Why can't I figure out how to have a normal conversation?

I blink. She wants to know about it?

"Well, you probably think I'm crazy for saying this-" She probably already does "-but I think there are tunnels under Canterlot which lead to a city that has never been found?" My voice goes higher at the end, as if making the sentence a question as I brace myself for the mare to turn her nose and walk past me.

He was sleeping inside a cloud a fair distance above the library. He had climbed high and hid inside the cloud, as that would keep him all nice and cool from the outside heat while he slept.

Unfortunately for him, he managed to slowly slip out of the cloud - still sleeping - and was now falling straight down.

About halfway down to the ground, he woke up, and noticed he was in motion.

"Again...?" he says to himself, as he spreads his large wings and stops in mid-air - just a few inches from the ground. He lands, and bends down slightly as he usually does to not stick out too much because of his height.

He uses one of his wings to shade for the sunlight, as he notices how he landed right next to two conversing ponies... A black pegasus, and a purple one.

"...Um... Sorry?" he said quietly.

Edited by Zhooves

"That sounds like it would be really cool!" Oh wow he's totally going to think I'm an absolute dork. Purplepower wasn't sure if she was being stupid or not, but she was pretty sure she sounded like a nerd. That sounded really, really awkward. He's going to look at me like some sorta freak I just know it. Edited by Purplepower

Faceless smiled as another pegasus landed beside them. He looked at the new individual, up at the sky and back at the dozy pony. He turned to Purplepower.

"Well you can come with me if you want." Flier smiled again and turned back to the new pegasus. "Quite a close call you had there. You seem pretty calm. Is that a... normal occurance?"

He lifted his head slightly and adjusted his shading wing accordingly as he replied:

"It happens from time to time... Clouds appear to be working differently at heights where the air starts getting thin... As well as the wind, which might push me a tiny bit in my sleep.".

"Impressive," I say. I hesitate, planning my next move. I might as well do this 'Faceless Style'.

"I'm going on a quest, hopefully with Purplepower, if she excepts. Would you like to join us?" Faceless says, bluntly. I'm not even outside Twilight's door and I have a possible two ponies. I probably won't have to get Bait to help me.

He yawns:

"Suuuuuure... I have nothing better to do...".

He removed the wing shading for his eyes, as he stretched his legs, wings and back to the point where the limbs made a cracking noise, as well as revealing how tall he was. As soon as he realized it, he bent down a bit again.

"Ah... Felt great. So where are we going? Is it dark there?" he asked, hoping that wherever it was, it wouldn't be too bright...

Faceless was surprised by the pegasus' calm, easy-going nature. Flyer shook his head.

"Um, sure, it's pretty dark down there. By the way, I never caught your name."

Faceless suddenly heard a rustling in the bushes beside the library. He cocked his head and returned his gaze to the two pegasi.

Edited by Faceless

He used his other wing to shade for the sun, as he replied:

"I am North Light... But my friends and my few fans calls me Zhooves. It's kind of a nickname, or an artist-name, like DJ PON-3..." he said, before almost lying down on the ground.

"One moment..." he said, before he shot up into the air, grabbed a cloud and brought it down with him, before he jumped into it and poked his head out the front.

"That's better..." he said, as his eyes seemed to look even sleepier.

"I'm good with dark places. My eyes don't really work all that well in daylight... Though it's even worse for my brother..." he said, as he started looking up at the skies.

My curiosity heightens.

"Seeing in the dark? Sounds like someone I need." I say, as I take off my glasses and clip them onto three bangles around my hing leg. "So why is it worse for your brother, Zhooves?" I ask, as I check my watch, making sure that I was on time to look for ponies to help and catch the train to Canterlot.

Note was running away from her again. She did this anytime Honey tried to get her into a saddlebag. Well, she would run too if somepony tried to jam her into a cloth sack. It was for the best though. The ponies here didn't react well to a rat's head poking out of her mane.

She chased her pet through the streets of Ponyville, rushing towards the library. Note scurried under some talking ponies, and climbed up a streetlight behind them. She flung her wings out to slow her speed and came to a halt in front of a cloud, a stallion, and a purple mare.

"Well... He's only been out at night ever since he saw the night-sky for the first time... Years ago. So his sight in the dark is almost perfect, but he's almost completely blind in any type of light..." he managed to say before he spotted the yellow mare almost flew into them.

"...Have we met before?" he asked her, as he slowly went a bit further into the cloud.

Faceless looks over at the new arrival.

"Well this certainly is turning out to be a party!" I say, as I turn my attention to the climbing rodent. "That's quite the pet you have there. Do you want me to get it or are you free for a few seconds to talk about a dangerous quest?"

She blinked at the blue head poking out of a cloud. He seemed framiliar.. Aha! ''You're the pegasus who's room I almost stole!'' She looked at him curiosly and grinned, wondering what he was doing in Ponyville.

Honey turned as the black stallion who's conversation she intrerupted addressed her. She smiled at him. ''Oh, I'll get her.'' She called for Note. The little brown rat ran over and climbed up to her shoulder, bruxing happily. ''A quest you say? What kind of quest? I'm on vacation from the Gaurd, so I've been itching for something to do.''

I blink, confused. "You're from the guard and you almost stole someone else's room?" I shake my head. "You can tell me about it on the train... well... if you're interested on taking part. We are going to be exploring the tunnels under Canterlot. I might warn you that Celestia has forbid any pony to venture down there and there might be traps set in place... So what do you say?"

Not the most convincing speech, but it fits its purpose, I think to myself.

(OOC: Sheesh guys, slow down! :lol: )

"Seriously?!" She stopped. Whoops. Kinda lost my composure there. "I mean, are you sure?" This is odd. A new pegasus lands behind them. Purplepower naturally jumped a little. "Are you ok?" She said quietly. Sheesh I don't even think he heard me. I've got to start talking louder. Another pony came up. Wow, today is getting really weird. She looked up at the lamp post. That's a bit of an odd pet. Ugh stop that, stupid brain! She turned to the yellow mare. "Sorry, I don't think I got your name. I'm Purplepower."

She gave him a look. ''Princess Luna has given her Gaurds premission to do anything they presume neccesary. Even if Celestia has has forbidden others to.'' She thought a bit, the grinned. "Of course, I would love to come, if you don't mind a small companion coming along as well.'' Honey Swirl gestured with her wing at the rat. ''Note here is trained to fit through small spaces and retrive items, like keys or rope. I promise that she dosen't bite.''

She hoped that they weren't headed to Old Canterlot, it might be akward if family saw her out questing with strange ponies.

She looked towards the mare that called herself Purplepower. ''I'm Honey Swirl and this is Note.'' She smiled at the flustered pony. ''I hope we'll be headed out on this quest together, it'll be nice to have another mare around.''

Edited by ThatBronyGirl

"Well Purplepower, everypony for that matter, I am Faceless Flyer. I'm guessing we have a pretty good team here. Purplepower will be useful with her duct tape, Zhooves with his night-vision-like sight, Honey Swirl with her status and pet." I turned to the bushes behind us and parted them. "And hopefully, if she accepts, this bat pony can help us!"

Edited by Faceless