Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Here comes a new OC!

The Soldier

RIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. So apparently, I, for some reason had a random thought of Beat Spark having a fighting rival. So I created one. BTW, I'll leave the name up to you.

So apparently, I think his fighting pose sucks. I try to make him a boxer fighting pose. But I think I didn't do so good at it :/.

post-7589-0-71347200-1353031826_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 3

I find ponies in 2 legs very weird maybe you want to try a NO PANTS (XD) style with a 4 leged pony and create fightstyles from there. Beat is a fighting choreographer, so he knows what he does.

Edited by Motion Spark
  • Brohoof 4

I find ponies in 2 legs very weird maybe you want to try a NO PANTS (XD) style with a 4 leged pony and create fightstyles from there. Beat is a fighting choreographer, so he knows what he does.

I don't know why, but I decided to make him like this, I currently can't think of any fighting style that's different from the other pony fighters. Sometimes, it's reality. Look at these, for instance:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Three have different fighting styles. So I'm trying to do that too. Unless of course you allow me to put in my OC's biography that they were both taught the same style like Ryu and Ken. :P

Edited by Hazardous Material

I don't know why, but I decided to make him like this, I currently can't think of any fighting style that's different from the other pony fighters. Sometimes, it's reality. Look at these, for instance:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Three have different fighting styles. So I'm trying to do that too. Unless of course you allow me to put in my OC's biography that they were both taught the same style like Ryu and Ken. :P

you have to translate that to pony, a pony that walks in 4 legs, and seeing that he's an earth pony, he has no magic whatsoever so he only has his hooves to help him

you have to translate that to pony, a pony that walks in 4 legs, and seeing that he's an earth pony, he has no magic whatsoever so he only has his hooves to help him

Fine. I'll make him on four legs WITH NO CLOTHES (but I'm keeping the cap). Bet that'll make ya happy... http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png

I just wonder how I can make him do special combos like in Street Fighter if I do...

Fine. I'll make him on four legs WITH NO CLOTHES (but I'm keeping the cap). Bet that'll make ya happy... http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png

I just wonder how I can make him do special combos like in Street Fighter if I do...

it's your oc in the end, you don't have to do anything to keep me happy :(

but making him walk in 2 legs it's not normal for a pony if you know what I mean, and about the combos, I know you would figure it out :) it is possible :)

• Brohoof 1

it's your oc in the end, you don't have to do anything to keep me happy :(

but making him walk in 2 legs it's not normal for a pony if you know what I mean, and about the combos, I know you would figure it out :) it is possible :)

If you made him a Pegasus that, for some reason had smallish wings, those wings could be used to keep your OC on his hind legs. Just a suggestion. Because I agree with Motion for the most part, I think it'd be a bit of a stretch to have a bipedal earth pony. Not that its impossible for anypony to be bipedal for extended periods of time, but to do so, they'd need to rely on something to keep them up. Ponies are not meant to stand on two legs unsupported.

and about the combos, I know you would figure it out :) it is possible :)

*sniff*

That was touching... Very touching. You made me release salty liquid out of my eyes. :( You are one gentleman like artist, my good man. ;)

If you made him a Pegasus that, for some reason had smallish wings, those wings could be used to keep your OC on his hind legs. Just a suggestion. Because I agree with Motion for the most part, I think it'd be a bit of a stretch to have a bipedal earth pony. Not that its impossible for anypony to be bipedal for extended periods of time, but to do so, they'd need to rely on something to keep them up. Ponies are not meant to stand on two legs unsupported.

Wait... WINGS DO MAKE PONIES STAND UP FOR A WHILE!? Crap! I thought they wouldn't do much for my OC standing on two legs!

@Hazardous Material,

You, my friend are an idiot!

@Hazardous Material,

I don't see YOU objecting to taking away the wings!

Conflict :P

Wait... WINGS DO MAKE PONIES STAND UP FOR A WHILE!? Crap! I thought they wouldn't do much for my OC standing on two legs!

@Hazardous Material,

You, my friend are an idiot!

@Hazardous Material,

I don't see YOU objecting to taking away the wings!

Conflict :P

I figure you could put a little backstory in there, then, too. Maybe something happened when he was but a colt that stunted his wing growth. I mean, look at Scootaloo. She uses her wings to power her scooter, which is obvious proof wings can be used for more than flying. If his wings are JUST the right size, they wouldn't be able to lift him of the ground, but they'd give him the means to stand on his hind legs for certain lengths of time. That might give him a specific weakness too, which could get interestng.

Edited by Descant
  • Brohoof 1

I figure you could put a little backstory in there, then, too. Maybe something happened when he was but a colt that stunted his wing growth. I mean, look at Scootaloo. She uses her wings to power her scooter, which is obvious proof wings can be used for more than flying. If his wings are JUST the right size, they wouldn't be able to lift him of the ground, but they'd give him the means to stand on his hind legs for certain lengths of time. That might give him a specific weakness too, which could get interestng.

Quick question: why not use regular sized. I can just "program" this dude to never escape a fight in his biography, even though he has wings to just fly away, besides. If he had regular wings, he'd make this combo I thought of called maybe the "Unicorn's Horn" (stupid and unfiting name, I know.)

Weakness is a pretty good thing, though. I'll keep that in mind

Quick question: why not use regular sized. I can just "program" this dude to never escape a fight in his biography, even though he has wings to just fly away, besides. If he had regular wings, he'd make this combo I thought of called maybe the "Unicorn's Horn" (stupid and unfiting name, I know.)

Weakness is a pretty good thing, though. I'll keep that in mind

Well, it's your OC. If that's how you want to do it, don't let me tell you otherwise. I just figured you were looking for a landbound pony, due to the fact that he was originally an Earth Pony, so I merely invented a way he could realistically be bipedal and still landbound. Not to mention that, depending on how the wing growth was stunted, could provide OC's unique backstory and could even be his motivation to fight. Besides, how many Pegasi OC's can't fly? I just thought that would be an interesting twist. But it's your call, bro. Don't let me dictate it for you.

*sniff* That was touching... Very touching. You made me release salty liquid out of my eyes. You are one gentleman like artist, my good man.

why did I do that? I really did that? :/

he can still be an earth pony and fight like a pony, if you see the MLP characters can do poses and gestures that dogs or cats can do but not real horses, that's their advantage, use them!

Rainbow Dash can walk for short periods of time in 2 legs using her wings a little bit, but this is not suitable haha!

• Brohoof 3

*sniff*

That was touching... Very touching. You made me release salty liquid out of my eyes. :(

Awwwww..... :( *pats his head*

Well, nobody seems to name him or I´m just blind (which is true).

What about some "nickname" since he´s somehow "anonymous".. Mr. Quickstrike or Swiftpunch..? :lol:

• Brohoof 2

So apparently, I think his fighting pose sucks. I try to make him a boxer fighting pose. But I think I didn't do so good at it :/.

I think I can explain why you might not like your results.

Here, I traced your drawing and made a silhouette. Sometimes, looking at your work's silhouette can show if something feels a bit lacking.

post-4376-0-56867900-1353107833.png

Look at this guy's balance. He looks like he's about to fall over so he looks like a total pushover. Literally. The overall composition is also very straight and very stiff.

Poking around google images though, I found a site that talks about proper boxing stances.

http://www.expertbox...g-footwork-tips

If we want a pony in a boxing stance, we gotta have our legs widened up a bit to have a more stable balance. We gotta put one hoof clearly in front of another. It helps to look at real boxers to make a more convincing pose, IMO.

I wasn't intending to go for a boxing stance, but this work of mine appears closer to a pony boxing stance, and as a result, the silhouette appears more interesting:

post-4376-0-94673600-1353108415.png

Edited by Pix3M
  • Brohoof 5

I think I can explain why you might not like your results.

Here, I traced your drawing and made a silhouette. Sometimes, looking at your work's silhouette can show if something feels a bit lacking.

Look at this guy's balance. He looks like he's about to fall over so he looks like a total pushover. Literally. The overall composition is also very straight and very stiff.

Poking around google images though, I found a site that talks about proper boxing stances.

http://www.expertbox...g-footwork-tips

If we want a pony in a boxing stance, we gotta have our legs widened up a bit to have a more stable balance. We gotta put one hoof clearly in front of another. It helps to look at real boxers to make a more convincing pose, IMO.

I wasn't intending to go for a boxing stance, but this work of mine appears closer to a pony boxing stance, and as a result, the silhouette appears more interesting:

Alright, spreading the legs and putting a hoof in front of another is all? I thought I had to straighten his back as well. I actually tried to make him a little bit of a hunchback (just a little) because that's his fighting style.

Alright, spreading the legs and putting a hoof in front of another is all? I thought I had to straighten his back as well. I actually tried to make him a little bit of a hunchback (just a little) because that's his fighting style.

I was mainly tossing out suggestions that immediately come to mind. but I think a better alternative is to just look at a picture of a boxer, perhaps a top-tier professional one who definitely knows his stuff, and try to imitate his pose. (I am no fighter so I don't know jack about any martial arts of sorts). Position the hoofs in a similar fashion, bend the back in a similar fashion, etc etc.

Edited by Pix3M

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like I'll have to say this again as well: it is YOUR decision, not MINE, for the name to be chosen. So I hope you choose a name for this dude like Ms. Coco did. I'm currently letting you do this on purpose.

Whoops! I forgot to add the tail, heh heh. :wacko: I feel like such an idiot. Anyway, this is the same thing with the tail. So download this instead...

PS: CLICK ON THIS GOD DAMN THING!

post-7589-0-43838500-1353547242_thumb.gif

Am I strange if the thing I like the most of Street Fighter II was that in the end of every battle, I see a bloody face? :lol: Anyways, here's my poor OC looking like hammered shit.

Once again, click on it

post-7589-0-49135300-1353887230_thumb.gif

Edited by Dark Roast
  • Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Boxing in MLP is canon dontchaknow?!

Anyway, I'm not sure how I feel about pony-men, but that's just me. Ponies with long human legs and wearing pants are prettymuch just people with messed up horsefaces...

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

What the buck? Why can't this animate when clicked?

post-7589-0-73481200-1355025646_thumb.gif

The background is Christmas themed and so is the hat (obviously), so don't think the background is official either. I might make a dark alley as his stage. :P

Edited by Dark Roast

(edited)

@,you AKA hazardous material, I have made a post of a pony fighting in a RP...are you interested in reading it, it has illustrations too ;)

Really? What's it called? I'd like to know about about this pony fight and all. It sounds interesting. :P you can probably send me to the link.

Edited by Dark Roast
  • Brohoof 1

Really? What's it called? I'd like to know about about this pony fight and all. It sounds interesting. :P you can probably send me to the link.

sure, please tell me that you enjoy reading XD

just start reading from this post http://mlpforums.com/topic/35740-rp-train-ride-headed-west/?p=947542

and focus on my posts, but you can also focus on Jade Flare's and Draco's as well because it would make more sense :)

good luck! ;)

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

Welp, this is actually out of bare boredom and I didn't spent much effort as I do in the last ones. Why do you ask? I didn't add the skeleton. Meh... Perhaps @ @Motion Spark , can do the rest for me. :D

SON OF A BITCH! IT WON'T ANIMATE AGAIN! :( Ah well, I'll just show the gif SHEET

post-7589-0-64103900-1356916875.gifpost-7589-0-84186800-1356917015.jpg

Edited by Dark Roast

Welp, this is actually out of bare boredom and I didn't spent much effort as I do in the last ones. Why do you ask? I didn't add the skeleton. Meh... Perhaps @ @Motion Spark , can do the rest for me. :D

SON OF A BITCH! IT WON'T ANIMATE AGAIN! :( Ah well, I'll just show the gif SHEET

attachicon.gif12-30-2012-04;09;13PM.gifattachicon.gifno-name-shock.jpg

I don't know, tell me what is your intention with this OC? to me it sounds like you seriously want to develop a fighting game with custom ponies. But at the same time I'm completely clueless of what do you want to do.

I don't know, tell me what is your intention with this OC? to me it sounds like you seriously want to develop a fighting game with custom ponies. But at the same time I'm completely clueless of what do you want to do.

Drawing kills time for me. I'd rather be playing tf2 to kill time but unfortunately, I'm having problems with my wrist, so I'm taking a break from it. Fortunately, my left hand is the one suffering, and I'm right-handed (which means I can still draw and use my mouse for Photoshop). I just need you to add the skeleton for me.

Also, I kinda had a thought of that :P (The fighting game with custom ponies. Too bad I'm not that good in Programming, not that I wanted to make the game.)