This Episode is Terrible!.......Why it isn't #2 Feeling Pinkie Keen

Anadu Kune

Feeling Pinkie Keen is one of my favorite episodes of Season 1 along with Green isn't your Color and Winter Wrap Up, I personally had no problems with it, it's just a slam-bang episode of awesome to me. :D

• Brohoof 1

This episode was not what I call bad, but I consider it a mistake on the writers' part. It was one of those rare situations where they stumbled on an idea that just plan and simple didn't work. The overall message was valid: there are some things you can't explain in life and Twilight has to accept it. The execution was the problem. They just reached the limits of how semi-omniscient Pinkie could be without losing some of the viewers. :lol:

Maybe they took it as a learning experience. In any case I don't remember Pinkie Sense ever being mentioned again, which makes the episode seem even more unusual in hindsight. But I liked that everyone did their best with what they had to work with.

Pinkie sense has been mentioned at least two other times as far as I can tell. Once in Mare Do Well and again in Its About Time. 

Hurr Durr somebody has a different opinion from mine! Really some people liked the episode and some didn't except and stop fuming over it. 

Note that these segments are not to convert anyone over to my opinion. Nor am I fuming in anger. These are merely to show that many of the complaints people level at the show are easily addressed by things inside of the show, or just when taking a minute to think things over. Its fine to dislike an episode, but to disparage the quality of an episode based off complaints that in the end do not hold up, I think is a disservice to the hard work the creators put into it. 

Though your post did remind me that I forgot to post my standing criticisms of the episode, which I now have to take the time out and write.

its my fav episode would be if its about religion or not religion the only complaint i ever heard was about twilight being beat up butit was sorta twilights fault she didnt belive things right in front of her even going as far as a machine and giving pinkie pie her own specimen name pinkiepieucus i was happy that evertytime she doubted she got hit because if she didnt i would want to hit my tv and say why can twi see whats right in front of her

Personally, I blame Pinkie's gypsy magic for her Pinkie Sense. Probably just some nervous tick she picked up in the orphanage.

um thats  sorta fanon real pinkies a amish rock farmer ... and anyway the song was sorta suggestive butit didnt just openly say that she was well ... yeah cut a rug means dacing like to the tamborine both lines work...

I always thought the episode also had an element of "Twilight maybe you're not the only special one, deal with it!" and was slightly peeved that a mere earth pony had seemingly magical qualities, making Twilight a bit classist. Back in undergrad, I used to fume near any engineer student because they assumed they knew everything and were so much smarter, even with evidence to the contrary right in their faces. I hung out with a lot of engineering students though. Not bashing you guys, I'm still dating one of those engineers now :wub:  but it was frustrating always being treated like it was impossible that any academic subject you were studying could possibly be difficult or valuable. Being a scientist does not make you right about everything, and you should never discount other people's experiences and beliefs. Twilight learned some humility that day. She also learned that while she may not view Pinkie-Sense through the exact same lense as the other ponies, she had to acknowledge they were all looking at the same thing.

And that is part of love and tolerance, understanding that we do each see things differently because we all have our own unique lenses with tons of educational, cultural, political, and maybe even religious influences on it. But it doesn't make the other person blind.

Edited by bunnybuzki