Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Solus body became lifeless, Evey bone in his body was shattered by this point.

The surviving solar soldiers looked on in horror,not saying a word in hopes he doesn't turn to them to finish taking out his rage

As Strong sees that Solus is dead, he throws his head upward an let's out a huge battle cry, one that is heard over the clamor of the battle, he then yells out for all to hear, "SOLDIERS OFTHE CELESTIAN EMPIRE!!! YOU LOSE THIS DAY!!!! RETURN TO YOUR PITIFUL HOMES WHILE YOU STILL HAVE YOUR LIVES AND DIGNITY!!" he then looked to Zanthak, and ordered him to open the forcefield so as the troops could run the Celestians out of their territory...

(LOL)

The remaining troops hung their heads in shame as the gathered up the wounded and readied to leave.they discussed who would break the news of their loss of the fight and solus.some even started to blame toothless for their defeat.

(xD Damn! Toothless, you failed me! ;) )

Toothless suddenly snapped back to reality, suddenly realizing what had happened in the latest course of events. The Shadowbolts arrived, with absolutely NO support from Toothless, the remaining of the troop decimated or fleeing from the battle, and Solus, the once great leader for many of the troops of the Solar Army, was dead. Shattered into a million pieces like his broken bones, and never to return to Equestria. Never to return to fight Strong Hooves in combat. Never to relight the flames of courage and strength, to inspire the troop during the rage of battle.

Never.

He was a coward, freezing up in the heat of battle. He was a failure, as a captain, and as a friend to his allies.

Toothless closed his eyes, wishing that this was all a dream, that he could just wake up, and he'd be away from this godforsaken war. It always happened that way in the movies, right?

But of course, this wasn't a movie. Reopening his eyes, he fired a fireball through a wall, leaving a clean opening. With a mighty gust of wind, he flew off, flying as fast as he could. But despite the amount of potentially deadly Luna forces he left behind, they weren't the reason he left. Instead, he was running away from his failure. His cowardness.

A single tear escaped his eyelids, as he flapped his wings even harder, disapearing into the fading daylight...

(Yeah, I know. Morning -> Dawn in a few hours. =P And Toothless was doing nothing for a while... huh...)

(I hath returned victorious!!)

Strong looked down upon the broken and lifeless body of Solus,then to the blood stained cleets on his hooves, and felt no remorse, nevertheless, he bowed in respect for his fallen opponent. He saw Zanthak pass out next to him, lifting him up and taking him to the infirmary. As he did, Solus' last words echoed in his head, 'Or is it the other one Snow... whats the deal with that one anyway?... Strong shook his head as he left the infirmary, he looked out and saw the Celestian soldiers once more crossing back to their own borders. I need to find Snow, he thought to himself, he remembered her saying that she would be at the old hang out place, it was just over the river, in neutral territory, so he could go there with no trouble. I still hope she is still there, he thought as he washed the blood from him. Removing his armor and weapons, he took of on another 'solo patrol' heading straight for the old hiding place...

Hail,swift, and the few remaining pegasi who managed to escape witnessed toothless flying away and with no sight of the shadowbolts,the ragtag team took the chance to take flight. Keeping low to avoid the chances of being spotted,hail and the others followed behind swift as they headed the same direction as the toothless.

Hail: " we will lose him,leave me behind and go find out where he's going...I will be fine"

Swiftgrace: " a good colonel will not leave anypony behind,I'm positive we will find out soon enough. Just worry about getting spotted,we were Lucky to escape the shadowbolts the first time. A second encounter would be disasterous right now...just keep low and cautious hailstorm"

Strong reached the river... looking side to side, he made sure he was alone. when he was satisfied, he crossed the river, coming out the other side, he shook the water off his coat and continued on, he finally reached the hidden hangout spot, a small spring next to a cave that was hidden by a curtain of hanging moss. He cautiously approached the cave, he called out... "Snow?... Are you here?"

"STRONG HOOVES! Your alive! I just knew you would be,and you didn't forget our favorite place!"

Snow galloped out of the cave upon hearing strong hooves voice. Prancing excitedly to see that he was still safe. Her coat and mane,though managed to some degree was starting to look somewhat rough from hiding in the wilderness.

With a sudden tight hug snow invited strong hooves into the cave

"Don't mind the mess,I'm trying to fix it up in here"

Twilight opened the doors to Celestia's throne room "Princess we just received imformation about the war" "a sucess?" "Actually, we lost and one of our best warriors, Solus to be exact, he was killed" Celestia was mad but she tried to sound as calm as possible "any good news out of this?" "Yes, we think there's a pony in allience with The Lunar Empire, or a spy, they said she gave out valuable information away" "and who is this pony?" "Snow Glitter"

Edited by Pinkazoid

Strong Hooves couldnt help but smile at her, seeing she was safe and the unexpected hug that she gave him, he walked into the old cave, she had cleared out most of the debris that found its way in, thought the space was smaller than he remembered, there was still enough room for the two of them to stay comfortably. "How have you been managing Snow?" he asked her as they sat together...

(God dang! I'm making the Solar Kingdom look so weak! D: Okay, let's keep the two stories seperate for now. Give a little time before another confrontation.)

Toothless's wings took him as far as he could take him in one breath. However, the cut from Zanthak's sword slowed him severely, and he only managed to fly a mile or so. With no energy left, he began decending altitude, and crash landed on his stomach, uprooting grass and weeds everywhere. Once his body came to a stop, Toothless's body didn't move a muscle.

But, as much as he wanted Death to relieve him from this cruel world he lived in, he was far from dying. Toothless knew that the crash landing did no damage, and that the cut along his side would eventually clot within a couple hours, and heal within a week.

But although his body was fine, his spirit was not. He felt pathetic... ashamed... He still couldn't believe that he froze up like that... that he didn't react when the time came...

Failure... That word haunted him... Failure... He was supposed to be the elite soldier... one of the star players for the Solar Kingdom... Instead, he was a miserable, useless, good-for-nothing dragon. Oh how things change so quickly for the worst... He thought. Oh how fate first teases you with victory and achievement, before throwing you down for the count. Oh how...

The skies above soon began to rain, dripping down water from the heavens above, mixing with the dragon's salty tears and pain.

"I'm managing and kind of lonely out here ,I haven't seen any wanted posters with my fact yet so maybe no one knows I went rouge or what ever...my supply runs from a near by town has made survival out here easier...how about you,did the Intel help you any?

...oh would you like anything?drink,food?

Snow sat next to strong hooves,looking up with big bright eyes.

Anxious to hear his stories and news from the war fronts.

-----------------------------------------------

Outside of celestias main chamber stood another high ranking general,this one a tall male unicorn adorned with jewel encrusted armor and bearing the crest of the solar kingdom along with his cutiemark,Runic symbols of magic.

He seemed pleased to hear of solus's demise,now of was his turn to take control of the war efforts

He was tired of sitting within the castle walls,watching the less skilled getting all the glory for trivial victories

" maybe now,with the loss of solus,celestia will finaly green light the R&D departments exspences and projects for immediate use...I grow tired of waiting for an audiance with princess or her student but today I must before the position left by solus is taken by a lesser pony"

Strong Hooves sighed, "I am fine Snow, I dont really think I could stomach any food or water right about now... As for the intel, yes, my faction is already looking into attack plans that could end this war quicker. Before I came to see you... the Celestian soldiers attacked again, this time with Solus leading them. Hail was outside the cave the whole time, so I am certain he is fine, not even the Shadowbolts could take him down" Strong then sighed, he looked to Snow and smiled... "You said you were lonely... if that is so... perhaps I should stay and keep you company tonight"...

"So you confronted solus? I guess that means he's dead huh,I wonder who will be replacing him?...my brother took on the shadowbolts?!,I will never hear the end of how he took on the shadowbolts,his heros."

Snow placed a hoof to her chin as if in thought,a moment passed before she gave a nod to strong hooves

Finaly,she had some one to talk and listen to without much fear,she was no longer his enemy the moment she betrayed the solar kingdom for her own selfish needs.she belong to no faction,the war was no longer a top priority at this point

"I would love that ...I just hope they don't need you Back out there to fight any time soon...

*as long as there's no active field Generals for this zone they shouldn't need strong hooves right away,not until the decision is made anyway* she thought to herself

Strong smiled and slightly blushed, he chuckled and then said, "They wont be needing me, it is late as it is, the soldiers will be sleeping." Strong was happy that he would get to stay with her, if only for one more night... He looked at her, seeing what living outdoors has done to her coat and mane, Still just as beautiful as ever, he thought with a smile...

Snow gave a yawn as her head rested on strong hooves shoulder,both to agree and to get comfortable. She felt safe for the first time scence the war first started. Her eyes slowly close,enjoying the happy peaceful feelings that now surround her.secretly she hoped this night would never pass,she wanted strong hooves to stay so badly she almost had enough courage to come out and say it

"...so...um are you feeling OK stronghooves,you seem troubled?"

Strong sighed and wrapped his strong foreleg around her, holding her close, "I just wish I could do something that can show my gratitude toward you Snow... you have helped me beyond what I expected, and you get repaid by having to stay here in hiding. I wish I could stay here longer... I want to make sure that you are always safe... if anything, I want to find you a place of your own, so you wont have to brave the elements out here..."