private Innocence

Feather Gem

(edited)

"Hey, if you've got it then flaunt it, right?" Darts said cockily. "Besides, I didn't see anyone else beat up their kidnapper, granted they were all a lot more of a challenge then this villain over here" he said sarcastically, gesturing at Chrysalis, "ya know Queenie, Nightmare here didn't have to beg Discord just to persuade me to come down quietly"

Edited by TheSteampunkNinja (TSN)

Nightmare raised an eyebrow at Darts and then snickered.  "You...you had to get help from Discord?"

Chrysalis gritted her teeth.  Nightmare Moon shook her head, smiling smugly.  She went into the cell again and started towards her appliances to take them away.  Chrysalis shoved her and Nightmare fell over, the key flying out of her mane.  Chrysalis snatched it out of the air and then closed the cells door, locking it into place.  She did this all with no expression.

"Honestly, Luna.  You're too easy.  This is the third time."

Nightmare burst up and grabbed at her through the bars.  "Changeling!" she growled.

"You better get Discord to help you.  Cause I'm certainly not," Chrysalis said.

Chrysalis looked at Darts with a deadly glare.  "Get in your cage."

"This is my---"

Chrysalis turned to her and yelled at her; "Shut up you pathetic excuse for a Princess!"

Nightmare growled under her breathe; "You're dead..."

(edited)

"Now now, I don't really want to get left in a cage, I would much rather have a real room. You know with a bed and maybe a shower. It's a shame Discord isn't around because now you haven't got anyone to protect you from the mean little pegasus. Unless of course Nightmare is feeling generous, oh wait, you just locked her up. That's a shame." Darts smirked smugly at Chrysalis, "so what do you say Queenie? You want to try your luck against the Wonderbolt again?"

Chrysalis lifted her chin and tapped her hoof against her chin to ponder this.  Then she shrugged.  "No, not really," she said nonchalantly. 

"Beat her up anyway," Nightmare Moon muttered her forelegs hanging out of the bars.  She had an irritated expression.  "We command thou!" she suddenly burst in a loud voice.

Chrysalis shot her a look.  "Does that ever even work?"

Chrysalis went towards the stairs.  She started up them.

Nightmare Moon growled.  "Just beat her up.  I'm going to do it eventually."

"Meh, I'm sure I'll get a chance to do that later. Seeya Spark." Darts sent a wink at Nightmare who was still encaged and followed Chrysalis up the steps. "So now where are we headed, is there like a casual room or something? Preferably without cages, chains, or anything of the restricting sort?" He asked as Chrysalis led him back up the tall staircase.

"How do I know you won't run away like a foal would do?" Chrysalis said, not bothering to turn to him.  She went to where her room was and pushed open the door to the room next to it.  It was a normal room.  It had a comfortable bed, a dark oak dresser, closet and other usual things. 

(edited)

"Because if I was going to leave I could have at least ten times since we reached your room" Darts said simply. He walked past Chrysalis into the room and did a quick visual scan for anything out of the ordinary. After finding nothing suspicious he turned back around to Chrysalis, "This works for me, now are you ever going to tell me what your reasoning for bringing us here is? I mean, I know you said you did it for fun, but lets be honest. You clearly aren't having much fun."

Bright Spark watched in annoyance as chrysalis and darts went off. "What? Are you serious?!" he kicked the wall. "I cant believe this! Do you see that? THAT is the bane of my existance. Ponies, like him, getting whatever they want for doing nothing! Youve got the average pony who works his flank off earning money to buy the basics, and then you have them. The kind who can and WILL get whatever they want whenever they want it for NOTHING! What did he do? He worked for the wonderbolts, and then he left and he still gets everything! I get NO respect for my work and he gets it all. You. You deserved respect. It was your job to raise the night and when you did NOPONY cared. When your sister did it? Everypony loves her for it!"

Chrysalis gave him a look.  "I wonder why," she said.  She went over to his chest of drawers and pulled them all open, expecting them to be empty but checking just in case.  When she finished she went over to his bed and laid down, putting her chin onto her hooves.  "You're exhausting."

Nightmare Moon stared at him as he talked.  When he spoke of her, her jaw clenched together and she growled deep inside her throat.  "Nothings wrong with the night," she agreed, angrily.  "Its beautiful.  Just as beautiful as the day, maybe more.  But no pony sees.  No pony can see!" she yelled.  She kicked the bars, making a loud clang sound as metal hit metal.

Darts laughed and hopped up onto the bed next to Chrysalis. "You don't know what exhausting is. Wondebolt conditioning, that was exhausting! So many ponies take us for granted, they see us as trick ponies that live off popularity and attention. They don't understand how much time and effort is put into what we do. I love the attention from being a performer gets me, but I wish some ponies would realize how much work goes into what I do. Flying is my life, not just my job.

Chrysalis gave him a look. "I wonder why," she said. She went over to his chest of drawers and pulled them all open, expecting them to be empty but checking just in case. When she finished she went over to his bed and laid down, putting her chin onto her hooves. "You're exhausting."

Nightmare Moon stared at him as he talked. When he spoke of her, her jaw clenched together and she growled deep inside her throat. "Nothings wrong with the night," she agreed, angrily. "Its beautiful. Just as beautiful as the day, maybe more. But no pony sees. No pony can see!" she yelled. She kicked the bars, making a loud clang sound as metal hit metal.

"Exactly! You put effort into what you do and nopony sees it for what it truly is! Then others come along and take your respect and take what you earned and get it all for lesss work! And to top it all off they are all EXACTLY the same! Cocky and boastfull!"

Discord took off the small, ornate pair of binoculars he had been watching this exchange with. He appreared there with a flash. "You know, my dear Chrysie, didn't our dear pegasus say something about asking my pony on a date? There may be some love left for you yet."

• Brohoof 1

Chrysalis glared at him as she got bounced around.  "Good for you.  You can do the flying part but not the job part now.  And stop jumped," she said in annoyance, pushing him.  "That's annoying."  Then she smirked.  "You get kicked off the team big shot?" she said.

"Yes!" Nightmare Moon said, going over to him and taking him by the shoulders.  She shook him.  "Yes!"  She let go of him and walked back to the bars.  "I was born to be the Princess just like my sister.  It was my right!  And not only did they treat me like I was lesser then her, but then she banished me for one thousand years!" Nightmare Moon cried, spinning back to face him.  "One.  Thousand.  Years of being completely alone!  Banished by the pony who was supposed to love me!"

Chrysalis looked up at Discord.  "Discord!  Didn't I tell you about appearing everywhere without permission?!"  Then she glanced at Darts and raised an eyebrow.  "Yes, but what kind of love?" then she sighed.  "But any love is better then no love I suppose."  She waved a hoof at Discord.  "Do whatever you wish.  You'd do it anyway."

(edited)

Darts looked back and forth, confused for a second. "Wait, you mean..." he couldn't hold back and began laughing uncontrollably. "Discord man, why didn't someone get you out of that statue sooner, you should be a comedian" he trailed off. "Wait you're serious... Well assuming I'm not being held captive in the center of a mountain I should have the rest of the week off. Although II have a show next Saturday at 2:00, can't miss that. What did you have in mind Queenie?" Darts said with a wink.

"But you are being held captive in the center of a mountain, and you have to miss it," Chrysalis pointed out.  "And also, I have a name.  My name is Chrysalis.  Now, why are you asking me what I have in mind when Discord's standing right there probably with a head full of completely ridiculous but usable ideas?" she said calmly. 

"Yes!" Nightmare Moon said, going over to him and taking him by the shoulders. She shook him. "Yes!" She let go of him and walked back to the bars. "I was born to be the Princess just like my sister. It was my right! And not only did they treat me like I was lesser then her, but then she banished me for one thousand years!" Nightmare Moon cried, spinning back to face him. "One. Thousand. Years of being completely alone! Banished by the pony who was supposed to love me!"

Bright Spark was practically cheering "Yes! Finally somepony who understands! All of this Ive had to go through! Watching others take what you deserve and give nothing back! I mean heck! YOU seem like a better leader than you sister! She is pathetic! And you had to sit with that!"

"Celestia is harsh little buck isn't she?  I'd be a better leader then her!  She banished me to be alone for one thousand years.  I missed out on one thousand years of life.  I barely know anything about the world!  And she turned Discord to stone.  What would that be like?  You can see and hear but you can't move and you're helpless to do anything!  Torture!  She practically had Sombra destroyed!  He's lucky to still be around!  And for what?  But Chrysalis!  That stupid foal just got tossed to this stupid forest and her punishment ended there," Nightmare Moon growled.

Nightmare Moon gestured at him.  "And I bet you work harder then any of those other bratty rich ponies!  Heck, you work harder then my sister.  All she does is send Twilight around to do her dirty work.  And the moment she decides to do something, Chrysalis beats her in two seconds flat!"

"Celestia is harsh little buck isn't she? I'd be a better leader then her! She banished me to be alone for one thousand years. I missed out on one thousand years of life. I barely know anything about the world! And she turned Discord to stone. What would that be like? You can see and hear but you can't move and you're helpless to do anything! Torture! She practically had Sombra destroyed! He's lucky to still be around! And for what? But Chrysalis! That stupid foal just got tossed to this stupid forest and her punishment ended there," Nightmare Moon growled.

Nightmare Moon gestured at him. "And I bet you work harder then any of those other bratty rich ponies! Heck, you work harder then my sister. All she does is send Twilight around to do her dirty work. And the moment she decides to do something, Chrysalis beats her in two seconds flat!"

(this proves luna is best princess!)

"I know! I'm working 20 hour shifts! I work harder then that snobby little pegasus up there and he gets everything! And what do I get? NOTHING! He gets everything And I get nothing I work harder AND longer than he ever will!!"

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

"Good question" Darts closed his eyes and put his hooves together as though praying. "Oh great and almighty god of chaos, I'm going to take the queen of the changelings out on a date and I need some help with deciding how and where to do it. Please bestow upon me your godly knowledge of relationships. Amen" Darts finished with a sarcastic laugh.

"After we get out of here, lets just go beat them both up," Nightmare Moon said, turning to the bars angrily.  "How are we even supposed to get out of here?  I had to be saved twice before because I sure can't figure it out.  I've even tried pushing my horn out through the bars but that doesn't work.  It must have a censer or something."

"What?!" Chrysalis said, giving him a look.  "I don't want to go out on a date with you, you arrogant piece of trash.  He's talking about you going on a date with that other pony, Sham or whatever her name is."  Chrysalis rolled her eyes to the sky with a disgusted look on her face. 

Discord laughed. "As much as I would love to use your affection for our queen to drive her insane, I have my own captive. I'm winning, by the way, Chrysie." he snapped his fingers and teleported to the cavern where Chamosis was waiting. "Hello, my dear. What did you do in my absence?"

"No fair, you have crazy powers!" Chrysalis called as he disappeared.

Chamois still jumped when Discord appeared behind her.  She had been inspecting the leather chair in slightly disgust.  She turned towards him.  "Stop doing that!" she said in annoyance.  "I wasn't really doing anything," she said.  She shrugged.  "So can I go now?"

(edited)

Darts fake pouted. "Oh you hurt me, I was so looking forward to it too." Darts hopped up, "well seeing as how I'm being held captive by what is possibly the worst kidnapper in history I better make myself acquainted with the place. Mind giving me a tour, love?" Darts added jokingly. 

Chrysalis didn't get up.  "Bathroom is down the hall to the left.  Kitchen in one floor up, almost directly above us.  My room is next to this one.  Nightmare Moon and Bright Spark stay in the dungeons, which you've seen all the way down there," she said.  "There you go, have fun."

(edited)

"Aren't you going to stay for dinner?" Discord pouted. "Everypony's coming, and I'll be our amazing host. It will be delicious." he crooned.

A card appeared in front of Chrysalis, Nightmare Moon, and Sombra. The contents inside read:

Hello!

You are hereby invited to

an amazing dinner, hosted by

the embodiment of chaos.

Bring your captive.

Time: now.

Where: Dining Hall

Who: Discord

How: Chaos Magic

What: Dinner Party

Edited by Doctor-Whooves