open Pirate Adventure Rp! (Steampunk Edition)

Alex Kennedy

(Sorry to keep you waiting with this.)

Gladius walked out onto the deck and noticed his newest crew member standing at the bow. The rest of the crew was still asleep, and he was surprised Rain was already out of bed. He walked over until he was standing right next to Rain.

"I guess I'm not the only one who likes to wake up early, am I? I like that, it shows initiative. You know, I think you're going to be an excellent sailor, Rain. Now excuse me while I wake up the rest of the crew. You may want to cover your ears."

He walked over to a button on the outside wall of his cabin and pressed it, causing a loud shriek to be emitted from small speakers all over the ship. The crew was well acquainted with this signal, and within minutes they were on deck and preparing to take off.

Rain nodded. "Life is precious...sleep is something you can do when you're dead...this is also my first time being on an airship so...I want to make the most of it." He said, before Gladius trotted off.

He winced slightly as the loud shriek echoed around the ship.

Something something something something

Ask me stuff...and all my OC's

(edited)

@,

Copper looked up at the sound of a voice. "Really, no joke? You can get me out of here?"He could barely keep from jumping up and down excitedly, but had to be remain professional. "I don't have to much money with me, but I can pay you back in time. I am a skilled medic and mechanic, and I also can make and repair weapons and such if I am provided materials." Copper mentally smacked himself, he had been too forward, what if the stallion recalled his offer now?

----

Darts walked across the deck of the Predator. Normally he would have just slept through Gladius' roll-call since not only did it not truly apply to him, but it pissed of Gladius which made it all right in his book. Darts had gotten up extra early this particular morning to walk off a hangover, an early fly around the ship always helped with those things, Now he just wandered  the decks, greeting some friends and sending a glare at a few no-so-friends.

Edited by TheSteampunkNinja (TSN)

22d5c314-72de-42b0-842a-46e4dcf5ea37.jpg

Your very own Victorian-styling, airship-flying, super-sizing, brass-lining, quick-drying, detoxifying, low-pricing, newbie-knifing, over-driving, sometimes-hiding, unsurprising, ninja-fighting, perfect-timing, always-smiling, never-lying, best at writing, also rhyming automaton!

@,

Rambler shrugged.

"You don't really need to worry about paying me back, but if you could help out around the ship, that would be great. We actually just lost our old mechanic, so you could really help us out. But there is one problem; it might be dangerous."

@,@,  

Once everything was ready for takeoff, Gladius addressed his crew.

"Alright, we have a very important mission ahead of us. We have to intercept a pirate ship and take out one of the most notorious pirates in the sky. It won't be easy, but honor and duty demand that we succeed, and if we do, fame and glory await us. Now, set sail!" 

• Brohoof 1

Real men don't need signatures...

or legitimate usernames.

@,

Rain raised a hoof. "May I ask uh...who this pirate is ?" He asked.

Meanwhile...on board the Vermilion Sky... "Before we leave I'll need somepony to go pick up a few barrels of water...There's a cart by the gangplank...You." She pointed at a nearby crew member. "Go get the water." The crew member nodded and quickly made his way off the ship.

Fiera mumbled something incoherent when she was woken up. "Mmfh. You don't need a crow in the crows nest for another 5 minutes, so let me sleep!" she yelled back up at Diamond. She hated waking up, especially when it was unneeded. "Besides, i don't feel like working with a perverted crew for a while!" she yelled up again. 'Disgusting creatures...'

Cyril Coltefeller, the Head of Magical and Technological Development.

Fierasil de Rosa Canter, the optimistic flyer.

@,

Gladius walked over to Rain as the ship began to lift off, years of experience on airships allowing him to walk steadily despite it's movement. 

"It's not a name that would mean much of anything to you, I don't think, but he's one of the most wanted pirates by the navy. One Captain Rambler."

or legitimate usernames.

Fiera mumbled something incoherent when she was woken up. "Mmfh. You don't need a crow in the crows nest for another 5 minutes, so let me sleep!" she yelled back up at Diamond. She hated waking up, especially when it was unneeded. "Besides, i don't feel like working with a perverted crew for a while!" she yelled up again. 'Disgusting creatures...'

Diamond's happy morning smile faded slightly at the words 'Perverted crew' in fact her smile didn't just fade...she looked...well, she looked pissed the buck off.

Without hesitation she walked down into the crews quarters and sat next to Fiera's bed. "Who. Was. It ?" She asked glaring down at Fiera.

@,

Gladius walked over to Rain as the ship began to lift off, years of experience on airships allowing him to walk steadily despite it's movement. 

"It's not a name that would mean much of anything to you, I don't think, but he's one of the most wanted pirates by the navy. One Captain Rambler."

(Oh yea, I see how it is. Rambler is more dangerous than Diamond. Whatever.)

"You forget I have been living in this town for...quite a while. I do know the names of quite a few pirates." He said, grinning then wobbling slightly as the ship began to take off into the sky.

• Brohoof 1

@,

Fiera wasn't surprised Diamond came down to talk to her. "Can't remember exactly, i didn't get a good look before i left to put my clothes back on. But i think both (these are random names :| ) Ruts and Clogg were there. If you ask them and give em a good beating, i'm sure they will tell who the other 3 were" she said while her eyes were still closed. "And Ruts was probably the grossest out of them. Remember to get him in the daddy bags for me when you confront him" she added.

• Brohoof 1

Harmonic suddenly burst in through the door to Fiera's room - it was a surprise the door stayed on with how hard he bucked it. 

He trotted sternly up to Fiera and stood beside Diamond. He didn't say anything - he didn't have to. Diamond clearly had this covered, but that was still no reason for him to back her up. 

img-1796426-3-wBKtbPh.pngI've been watching you, all this time.

@,

"Dangerous? Well I must say I'm quite rubbish at fighting, how dangerous are we talking here?" Copper asked inquisitively.

---

Darts walked up behind Galdius and Rain. "Rambler is an amazing captain with an outstanding crew and a top of the line ship. for what he lacks in firepower he makes up in speed and maneuverability. We have been chasing him around Equestria for a while now and he's given us a slip each time we catch up to him."

• Brohoof 1

Your very own Victorian-styling, airship-flying, super-sizing, brass-lining, quick-drying, detoxifying, low-pricing, newbie-knifing, over-driving, sometimes-hiding, unsurprising, ninja-fighting, perfect-timing, always-smiling, never-lying, best at writing, also rhyming automaton!

Diamond stood up straight and made her way onto the deck. The anger had left her face and now...she was just kinda blank.

"Ruts. GET OVER HERE." She yelled. Ruts slowly walked over, then Diamond grabbed him by the scruff and threw him down the stairs leading below the deck. "GAH BUCK...WHAT WAS THAT FO." Diamond walked down the stairs and kicked him in the face, knocking out quite a few teeth.

"Who apart from Clogg was with you ?" She asked, grabbing him by the scruff of his neck again. "What are you talking abou-GAH." Diamond slammed him against the stairs. "There will be No pervert's on my ship. In fact I will be happy to rid the world of you, unless you tell me who else was with you." She said, grabbing her shotgun and pointing it at his head. "C-Clogg...a-and...D-D-Duck." He said, whimpering slightly. Diamond put her shotgun on her back and started walking up the stairs, flicking her tail at Ruts to follow. He quickly scrambled to his hooves and made his way onto the deck. "Clogg, Duck. Come here please." She said, walking to the edge of the ship.

Two ponies slowly walked over to Diamond. "My ship. Will and always will be the most strict ship in the sky. If somepony is going around being a gross perverted freak...then they gotta go. Ruts here told me...everything I needed to hear. Now, Clogg Duck both of you get down to the brig NOW. Or you will be thrown over the edge of the ship...just. Like. Ruts." She said. With lightning fast speed she grabbed Ruts and tossed him over the edge of the ship, making him tumble down the side of the mountain that Trotuga was built on. Diamond turned back around to see Clogg and Duck slowly making their way below deck. "Harmonic would you be a dear and make sure they are locked up. As for the rest of you...GET BACK TO WORK." She yelled.

(OOC: This...Is one of my...longer posts.)

@,

"Dangerous? Well I must say I'm quite rubbish at fighting, how dangerous are we talking here?" Copper asked inquisitively.

---

Darts walked up behind Galdius and Rain. "Rambler is an amazing captain with an outstanding crew and a top of the line ship. for what he lacks in firepower he makes up in speed and maneuverability. We have been chasing him around Equestria for a while now and he's given us a slip each time we catch up to him."

"I never said he wasn't an amazing captain. I am sure he is one of the best." He said, glaring at Darts. Rain didn't much like this pony...in fact Rain found this pony quite rude and he didn't like being around him...but there was nothing he could do so he just kept quiet.

• Brohoof 1

(Oh yea, I see how it is. Rambler is more dangerous than Diamond. Whatever.)

(I never said dangerous, I said notorious. And I said one of.)

"My apologies, you have a point, I suppose. Well, it doesn't really matter if the name means anything to you, because he's not long for this world anyway."

@,

Gladius turned to Darts with an annoyed look.

"Yes, that's why we can't afford to mess this up. The higher ups are losing patience, and I will NOT be made a fool of by a drunken brigand like him."

Rambler thought for a minute.

"Well, if things get serious, we can always run off, since I've got the fastest ship in the sky. If we have to fight, I'll make sure that you're kept away from the combat. Unless the whole ship goes down, I imagine you'll be fine." 

• Brohoof 1

or legitimate usernames.

@,

(We need more! And I hope you don't mind, but I feel like this post would be rather dull unless I did something interesting caus y'know...logic)

"It would be my genuine pleasure ma'am" he replied as he followed them down the stairs. Duck tried to make a break for it, presumably to the escape into the town, but he was quickly sent flying back downstairs by the handle of an axe. "Not likely" Harmonic growled. They didn't try anything else until they reached the brig, when Clogg seemed to want to try his luck too. He waited until Harmonic was locking Duck in his cell, and he made a bolt for it.

Harmonic sighed, and levitated a barrel in the air, smashing it into the the side of the galloping stallion, sending him hurtling to the ground. He then walked over, and pinned him up against the wall - off the floor - by the handle of his axe at his throat. "That was a bad idea" Harmonic snarled, headbutting him and dropping him to the ground. "Lets hope that heartbeat doesn't rise eh? Things might get messy otherwise..." he laughed maniacally as he threw him across the area and into his cell. 

• Brohoof 1

Fiera had gotten up and above deck just in time to see Ruts being thrown overboard. Fiera chuckled softly to herself and flew up to the crows nest. "I can't wait to get in the air..." she said to herself. She sat down, trying to think back to last night. "I should have slept here instead...

(edited)

"That doesn't sound so bad, should I board now? I have all my possessions with me here" Copper said lifting his suitcase.

---

"Well then you better get moving, The Rake flies at noon an they will probably try to get out as quick as possible to avoid conflict with us, or at least sneak past us to take us by surprise. If we leave first we can set an ambush outside the harbor. The the real trick will be keeping them from slipping away. In a battle of firepower we can take them in a couple cannon shots, but if we give them running room they could be halfway to Fillydelphia before we realize they're gone." Darts said walking off for the Zeitgeist. As per usual he would take off first and clear the sky for the Predator, it reduced the risk of accidental collisions during takeoff or docking.

@,

Minath watched Rambler walk off, so she flew up to the mast with Storm. "Bagging the captain?" Minath said under her breath. "I'm not 'bagging' the captain. Well, I kinda am. But still!" Minath twitched her wings. They hadn't 'hooked up' as Storm might suspect, but she was worried he would get the wrong idea.

"That doesn't sound so bad, should I board now? I have all my possessions with me here" Copper said lifting his suitcase.

Rambler nodded.

"Yeah, we're plannning on leaving soon, so the sooner you can get on board, the better."

The Rake flies at noon

(How does he know that?)

Gladius shot Darts another annoyed look.

"I'm well aware of the ship's capabilities, Darts. And don't worry, we already have a plan to ambush them in motion. They won't have time to run away."

• Brohoof 1

or legitimate usernames.

(edited)

(How does he know that?)

((Because he's been flying airships his whole life and can tell when one is preparing to leave. I was going to go into a long story about how he overheard it in the bar but I decided against writing it all out because you guys post so fast.))

"Yes sir, I mean captain" Copper said as he walked up the gangplank onto the Rake. The ship wasn't huge, but it was much bigger than anything he had ever been on and he knew it was going to be hard to navigate without a tour. But first things first he needed to get settled in. "Where should I put my stuff?" 

(edited)

Diamond flicked her mane out of her face and walked up to the helm as everypony finished loading everything onto the ship. She fiddled with a few buttons and the ship began to rise high into the air.

Ignore that.

"Alright...I may know about captains of ships...and ships...but what is the Rake's special ability...what makes it stand out from all the other ships ?" He asked, wobbling where he stood slightly. He still wasn't very used to being on a ship.

Edited by ~Flame Dancer~

@,

"Well, I suppose you'll be sleeping with the crew. I'll get someone to show you to your quarters."

Rambler beckoned to a random deckhand.

"Salty! My friend here is going to be sailing with us for a while. Please show him to the crew quarters and give him a quick tour of the ship."

Salty nodded and walked off, gesturing to Copper to follow him.

@,

Gladius nodded.

"I'm glad you asked, another sign of initiative. The Rake is fast. Very, very fast. We have to hit them hard before they have a chance to run away, or we'll never be able to catch up to them." 

or legitimate usernames.

(edited)

@,

Darts looked back at Rain. "Fast is an understatement, the only ship I know that can beat it is my Zeitgeist, and that isn't very useful without airship support. If we want to have any chance of catching it we need to leave as soon as possible and hit it before it knows we are there. If we don't we'll lose it for sure."

@

Harmonic trotted out from below deck, just putting his axe away as he left. He quickly cantered over to the helm next to Diamond. "Taken care of ma'am, and the wound seems to be treating me better too" He stood beside her, looking out over the deck at the busy crew. "I'm going to head into town soon, I need more herbs...as you know. I hope you're not planning on leaving me behind?" he chuckled as he started walking down the stairs. 

@,

@,

Rain couldn't help but laugh. "So...they're famous for running away ?" He said. "Ok, I'm kidding, I understand that they're probably quite a dangerous group."

@,

(OOC: Ignore my last post.)

"If you want to pick it up...we should probably do that soon. I think the crew wants to get going...and by that I mean, I want to get going, but if you need your herbs...then lets go get em." She said.

(edited)

@

Harmonic nodded lightly, and headed off the ship. It wasn't long before he found himself outside the herbalists, looking in through the window. He'd not seen his herbs on the ground anywhere, and he was getting a little annoyed. Knowing it was his own fault though, he couldn't take it out on the shopkeep. 

He pushed open the door and stepped inside gathered up the herbs he took before, and threw them on the counter. 

"Some fella lookin just like you came in 'ere and bought these same 'erbs just yesterday!" Clearly the shopkeeps older age was affecting his vision or his memory. 

Harmonic hesitated for a moment, and without saying a word he threw his bits on the counter, collected his herbs and before he knew it he was back on board the Vermillion Sky - herbs tightly clutched in his mouth. He gave Diamond a nod, and made his way into his room below decks. 

(long post but...eh, whatever)

Edited by Creeping Dusk

@,

Gladius instinctively scowled at Rain's seeming lack of respect for the enemy's potential as a threat.

"Perhaps it doesn't seem very intimidating now, but believe me, once you fight them you'll see that they're reputation is well earned. They are not to be taken lightly."

or legitimate usernames.