Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Slice of Life: Canterlot RP

Nightfall

OOC: http://mlpforums.com/topic/53489-slice-of-life-canterlot/

Nightfall looked outside. It was the beginning of a new day; he hoped to meet Arctic Frost, a friend, today. He had gotten up before his wife, Star Song, so he had decided to at least start making breakfast. He smiled with himself and wondered, if he did meet Arctic, what Arctic would say when he learned Nightfall was married.

Edited by Nightfall
  • Brohoof 1

The scene shifts to an alleyway, where inside, there was a large black circle imprinted on the wall. At first glance, this seemed like graffiti, but with another good look, this wasn't any kind of art. It was a bit... unnatural. Something seemed to step out of the circle. Of course! That wasn't graffiti... It seemed to be a portal of some kind. Once the figure had came out of the circle, the circle disappeared from sight, not seen again... The figure appeared to be a cobalt unicorn, marked in silver throughout her body. Her mane mixed a black and yellow, the same colors as her necklace... Her cutie mark wasn't even a cutie mark at all... It was a shadowy glob fading in with her skin. Her eyes were a piercing silver as well, as it stepped out of the alleyway, grinning.

"All right. Ready, Oril?", she spoke softly to herself. Something under her hooves seemed to wiggle around, happy with her question. "That's perfect, Oril... Now, we find out about this town.. Ah, just think. Lite Shade and Oril, touring the streets of Canterlot! Oh, how glorious... All right. Let's head out."

And so, Lite Shade, and her shadow, Oril, walked out onto the streets, stepping out into the morning sun, ready to explore this unknown city, and hoping to cause a little mischief here and there. After all, that was what they were good for.

• Brohoof 3

Frost yawned, stepping out of his house and onto the cloud that served as his doorstep. It sure felt nice outside, but did he have to be up this early? Stretching out a bit, the gray pegasus leaned over the edge of the cloud and looked below. Why was it snowing beneath him?

He blinked. Oh. That was why.

After meeting with a few dirty looks from the ponies below, he apologized, stretching his wings and getting ready for the new day. Frost re-entered his cloud house, only to emerge seconds later with his favorite azure blue Ponycaster guitar strapped to his back. No way was he leaving the house without it. He took to the skies, humming to himself lightly. Where was he to go today...he mulled over the options in his head as he descended from the sky and into Ponyville below.

• Brohoof 1

Star awoke to the sun shining through the window onto her face. She reached across the bed to see if Nightfall was there...which he wasn't.

She yawned and stretched, then sat up.

She climbed out of bed and put on a pair of fluffy bunny shaped slippers, then she made her way downstairs to the kitchen.

Ocean was sitting in her living room reading a book about ancient long lost items when she glanced up at the clock. She sighed and put the book on top of a large pile of other books, then she made her way to the kitchen of her tiny apartment muttering. "Another all nighter."

(OOC: Sorry for the double post...I just kinda want to get this thing going.)

@@Nightfall,

Star trotted into the kitchen to see Nightfall making breakfast. "Good morning Nighty." She said, hugging him from behind and nuzzling his cheek. "Whatcha making ?" She asked, walking over to the table and sitting down.

• Brohoof 1

Star awoke to the sun shining through the window onto her face. She reached across the bed to see if Nightfall was there...which he wasn't.

She yawned and stretched, then sat up.

She climbed out of bed and put on a pair of fluffy bunny shaped slippers, then she made her way downstairs to the kitchen.

Ocean was sitting in her living room reading a book about ancient long lost items when she glanced up at the clock. She sighed and put the book on top of a large pile of other books, then she made her way to the kitchen of her tiny apartment muttering. "Another all nighter."

(OOC: Sorry for the double post...I just kinda want to get this thing going.)

@@Nightfall,

Star trotted into the kitchen to see Nightfall making breakfast. "Good morning Nighty." She said, hugging him from behind and nuzzling his cheek. "Whatcha making ?" She asked, walking over to the table and sitting down.

(Want me to post that badly? :lol:)

He smiled as she hugged him from the back.

"Good morning, my shining Star. I'm making eggs and haycakes. I would like to think you would like some, but I'm not you... Would you like some?"

He trotted over to the table and kissed her before going back to the stove.

• Brohoof 1

(Want me to post that badly? laugh.png)

He smiled as she hugged him from the back.

"Good morning, my shining Star. I'm making eggs and haycakes. I would like to think you would like some, but I'm not you... Would you like some?"

He trotted over to the table and kissed her before going back to the stove.

(OOC: I just wanna get everyone posting...I thought it would be more active blink.png )

Star nodded. "I'd love some thank you. I am feeling pretty hungry this morning...is there something I can help you with ?" She asked, yawning again and standing up. She moved towards a cupboard and pulled out a box of tea.

• Brohoof 1

Already, there was commotion going on through the market, as Lite stepped out, munching on an apple. Apparently, Oril got a bit too excited and decided to tip over an apple basket, which led to another fruit basket tipping, which then led to-- Well, you get the idea, it wasn't good... Oril came out of the ground, in a black shadowy version of a pony silhouette. 

Lite sighed. "You just love to cause mischief, don't you?", she asked. Oril's voice was a bit soft, but deep. "Yeah... I'm sorry, Lite..." Lite chuckled a little. "No need for apologizing, Oril. Come on, let's see what else there is to see." Oril nodded, and slipped back into Lite's shadow, as she trotted off further into the city.

• Brohoof 1

(OOC: I just wanna get everyone posting...I thought it would be more active img-1273055-2-blink.png )

Star nodded. "I'd love some thank you. I am feeling pretty hungry this morning...is there something I can help you with ?" She asked, yawning again and standing up. She moved towards a cupboard and pulled out a box of tea.

"Not much. No, wait, you can tell me how you would like your eggs. That would be very helpful."

He smiled at her and flipped the haycakes magically.

"And, well, actually, there is another thing. Could you please make me some tea too?"

He blushed, not wanting to order her around.

• Brohoof 1

(Time for him to actually get to Canterlot, that was just an intro. ^^)

Frost trotted along the main road to Ponyville, curious as to what he was going to do today. He knew for a fact that his other bandmates were busy this weekend. Sky Raid was no doubt hard at work at the weather factory, June was flower arranging, and he hadn't really bothered waking up his sister Crossfade. He stopped for a second, turning towards the great cliff that held Canterlot. There was always Nightfall, but those regals were definitely too stuffy for him. Well, a few of them. Frost chuckled to himself, thinking back to all the times he used to hit on the royalty during his concerts. Yeaaaaah those were some good times. "May as well give it another try," he chirped, breaking into a running trot and taking flight towards the great city.

Delicately landing on the marble skycart station platform, he continued his upbeat trot towards the market district of Canterlot, humming a rather upbeat

Edited by Seraphim

"Not much. No, wait, you can tell me how you would like your eggs. That would be very helpful."

He smiled at her and flipped the haycakes magically.

"And, well, actually, there is another thing. Could you please make me some tea too?"

He blushed, not wanting to order her around.

Star was just pulling out a mug when he asked for some tea. She nodded and grabbed another mug before scooting up next to him and putting on the kettle. "Easy over would be wonderful please." She said, pulling some honey from the fridge and placing it on the counter.

(OOC: I just had a thought...I crazy...maybe weird thought...Can Star be preggers ?)

• Brohoof 1

Standoff

as he walked down the road from Ponyville. He'd done well on the last op, and got a paycheck to match. Time for some down time. Not looking where he was going, he walked into a pony and bounced off, staggering slightly. He looked down and saw a gray pegasus...

@

Edited by Face-to-face Manface

Star was just pulling out a mug when he asked for some tea. She nodded and grabbed another mug before scooting up next to him and putting on the kettle. "Easy over would be wonderful please." She said, pulling some honey from the fridge and placing it on the counter.

(OOC: I just had a thought...I crazy...maybe weird thought...Can Star be preggers ?)

(Sure. It's been a couple of years or so since the house party, so I would assume they may have been married for about a year. That would make it ok for her to be pregnant. The question is... how pregnant?)

He smiled, and made her eggs, then took the haycakes off of the griddle and put them on her plate, along with her eggs.

"There. Now, you're breakfast is ready."

(Sure. It's been a couple of years or so since the house party, so I would assume they may have been married for about a year. That would make it ok for her to be pregnant. The question is... how pregnant?)

He smiled, and made her eggs, then took the haycakes off of the griddle and put them on her plate, along with her eggs.

"There. Now, you're breakfast is ready."

(OOC: Lets just say they don't know yet...or should they ? I dunno...)

Star smiled and picked up the plate. She opened the fridge and pulled out some syrup, then She trotted over to the small breakfast table and put down the plate of eggs and haycakes.

She sat down and began to eat...a little faster than usual.

• Brohoof 1

(OOC: Lets just say they don't know yet...or should they ? I dunno...)

Star smiled and picked up the plate. She opened the fridge and pulled out some syrup, then She trotted over to the small breakfast table and put down the plate of eggs and haycakes.

She sat down and began to eat...a little faster than usual.

(Let's make them currently unaware, although Star could be having some of the symptoms. ;))

He noticed her eating, but decided to not say anything quite yet. He made his own haycakes and eggs, then brought them over to the table. There was barely enough room for the both of them.

• Brohoof 1

(Let's make them currently unaware, although Star could be having some of the symptoms. wink.png)

He noticed her eating, but decided to not say anything quite yet. He made his own haycakes and eggs, then brought them over to the table. There was barely enough room for the both of them.

"Thif if rearry goff." She said, half way through a mouthful. She swallowed the large bite and looked around the small room. "I think...we need a bigger pla-" She stopped talking and her eyes widened slightly. She put a hoof to her stomach and frowned.

Ocean poured herself some cereal and ate quickly.

After breakfast she made her way out of her apartment and downtown to get some potion making supplies.

• Brohoof 1

"Thif if rearry goff." She said, half way through a mouthful. She swallowed the large bite and looked around the small room. "I think...we need a bigger pla-" She stopped talking and her eyes widened slightly. She put a hoof to her stomach and frowned.

He looked at her, smiling, until he saw her frown.

"Star? What's wrong? Is it-"

He saw the hoof on her stomach.

"Oh... is- is it a bad ingredient?"

His eyes suggested, however, that he figured that it could be "as bad" as she thought. The way she had been recently was different, or so it seemed to him. He looked around his shop for a moment.

He looked at her, smiling, until he saw her frown.

"Star? What's wrong? Is it-"

He saw the hoof on her stomach.

"Oh... is- is it a bad ingredient?"

His eyes suggested, however, that he figured that it could be "as bad" as she thought. The way she had been recently was different, or so it seemed to him. He looked around his shop for a moment.

Star shook her head. "N-No...I love your haycakes...I just suddenly felt...kinda sick." She said. She looked up at him and shrugged. "I guess its nothing...these are delicious by the way." She said, trying to change the subject.

@,

On her way towards the market, Ocean accidentally bumped into somepony. She looked up. "Oh...sorry." She muttered.

• Brohoof 1

Frost let out a yelp as he walked right into something, falling backwards. In an effort to prevent damage to his guitar, he twisted his body before landing hard on his side. "Who the-"

Shaking his head, Frost looked up at the pony that he had unknowingly walked into. "Oh snap, are you alright?" He reached out a hoof to help up the blue earth pony, a flustered look on his face.

• Brohoof 1

Frost let out a yelp as he walked right into something, falling backwards. In an effort to prevent damage to his guitar, he twisted his body before landing hard on his side. "Who the-"

Shaking his head, Frost looked up at the pony that he had unknowingly walked into. "Oh snap, are you alright?" He reached out a hoof to help up the blue earth pony, a flustered look on his face.

"I'm fine. Standoff. How's the band?"

Standoff recognized the pegasus from that band. He forgot the name of it, but he considered it common courtesy to ask about anything he knew about the pony. He noticed the guitarist looking at his face and said, "I was in a war. Trust me, you don't want to know how I got 'em. You should see my buddy, though."

Edited by Face-to-face Manface
  • Brohoof 1

Star shook her head. "N-No...I love your haycakes...I just suddenly felt...kinda sick." She said. She looked up at him and shrugged. "I guess its nothing...these are delicious by the way." She said, trying to change the subject.

"But... but it's not like you to feel sick like this... Are you-"

He paused, then just about whispered.

"Are you ok?"

He sat back a little, trying to think.

"No, no, she is fine."

"If she feels like this tomorrow, we'll go see a doctor."

"What for?"

"Well, we are married, yes? I've got to care for her more than ever."

Frost chuckled. "Arctic Frost, at your service, sir. Colt's doing alright, I guess. My fellow bandmates are...busy today, so I thought I'd head over here to see how Nightfall was doing." This pony's scars were rather interesting, he silently thought to himself. He'd never approved of the violence of war, however. I mean, war. What was it good for?

"Heh, I suppose so. So what are you doing in Canterlot, if I may ask?"

• Brohoof 1

Frost chuckled. "Arctic Frost, at your service, sir. Colt's doing alright, I guess. My fellow bandmates are...busy today, so I thought I'd head over here to see how Nightfall was doing." This pony's scars were rather interesting, he silently thought to himself. He'd never approved of the violence of war, however. I mean, war. What was it good for?

"Heh, I suppose so. So what are you doing in Canterlot, if I may ask?"

"I finished a... job. Taking some downtime now. Who's Night... oh boy." Standoff's face changed, and he stared into the middle distance, obviously deep in thought, whatever he was thinking about. Turning to Frost, he said slowly, "How do you... know Nightfall? Just wondering."

• Brohoof 1

"But... but it's not like you to feel sick like this... Are you-"

He paused, then just about whispered.

"Are you ok?"

He sat back a little, trying to think.

"No, no, she is fine."

"If she feels like this tomorrow, we'll go see a doctor."

"What for?"

"Well, we are married, yes? I've got to care for her more than ever."

Star rolled her eyes. "I'm fine, Nighty." She assured him. She finished off her breakfast and stood up to get the kettle.

She walked over to the stove and turned off the heat, then she poured the hot water into two mugs and put the teabags inside. "This is a new tea Diamond sent...she say's its an old recipe from Trottingham." She said, placing one of the mugs of tea in front of Nightfall, then walking around the small table to sit down. "So what are you up too today ?" She asked, sipping her tea.

• Brohoof 1

Frost blinked. "Oh. Uh...me and Nightfall go back a ways. Back when I started Colt-182 I called him up from the audience to play guitar for us when my sister wasn't feeling up to it. Turns out he was rather good at it, so I let him stay on for our concerts. He's a nice guy." He tilted his head curiously at Standoff. Something was up. "You know him?"
  • Brohoof 1

Star rolled her eyes. "I'm fine, Nighty." She assured him. She finished off her breakfast and stood up to get the kettle.

She walked over to the stove and turned off the heat, then she poured the hot water into two mugs and put the teabags inside. "This is a new tea Diamond sent...she say's its an old recipe from Trottingham." She said, placing one of the mugs of tea in front of Nightfall, then walking around the small table to sit down. "So what are you up too today ?" She asked, sipping her tea.

She did seem to be a little better then she was.

"Well, I-"

He paused.

"I hadn't seen a friend, Arctic Frost for sometime, and was thinking of going to see him, or at least sending an invitation to his house above Ponyville. Other than that... I don't have anything planned."