Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Wanderer. that is my name.

i come from an un named island across the sea of equestria. since i can remember i have been facinated by stories of dragons often told by my parents. they claimed that our ansestors used to once have had reign over them until a greedy dragon named Daygone stole the royal throne and banshed my family outside of equestria boundries. father said grandad used to say that daygone had cast an evil spell among the dragons so that no one, no pony or animal or dragon would rememeber the good that they once were. but father and mother always told me that they were stories and that dragons didn't exist. but i believed in grandad's stories. and i began to search for them when i became old enough to be on my own hoofs. father always told me i was a wanderer ever since i could walk and after a while he began to call me wanderer. he'd find me in trees overlooking the flat lands below, or swimming to little shorelines of mini islands that could barely keep a tree alive, i examined every nook and crany there was until i had the island memorized by heart. then it happened. mom was the first to go. on her death bed she called me to herside, one night and ever gently wispered to me that i had a great destiny that lay before me. she looked at me with tears in her eyes and in her last breath, uttered "my little princess" before her hoof fell to the ground beside her. father became bitter afterwards and never told me the stories of grandad anymore. he forbid the mentions of dragons and such and made me study weathering maps, light and darkness, temperature and the likes of it in school. i always ditched and went to the library to study dragons. since there was very little history on them i studied the books till i had them memorized by heart. i practiced as much as any unicorn could with magic until i could conjure fire in thin air,make the life around me speed up in growth, make waves crash around me, and master the language of every animal i came across,but my favorite thing to pravctice was to float a little above the ground. oneday, when i was 15 or 16 i had ditched school and father found me near the ocean's reaching fingers practicing my floating with the birds. he became wroth with me and locked me in the tower of our home. he was like this till my 20th birthday. he fell ill, my guess was from a broken heart and lost spirit. i noticed his sickness months before but despite the signs i wasn't prepared for his farewell. i had snuck out of my room for some food and i was passing his room when i heard his frail voice call me to him. i opened the door wider and slowly walked to his bedside. fear began to encroach me as a familiar scene played out clearly in my head.

mother.

"Wanderer," he said to me as i sat beside him. "i didn't mean to hurt you the way i have. i only wanted what was best for you, and i knew that you would waste your life away, all that talent you have, searching for what isn't there."

"daddy," i said. ".. don't..."

"wanderer- i was wrong. you belong out there, in equestria- the school there will give you the best eduacation then nanna can give."

"no...please no.." the tears carressed my jaw and muzzel as i looked at the floor-

"wanderer- find them"

"what?..". i looked up to ask- but he was gone.

the funeral was held days later, but there being little of ponies living on the island there wasn't much turn out and hours afterwards i breached the ocean's wide birth. i took one last look at the island befor i took a breath and stepped on the ocean's top. i didn't sink in. i tested it with my other hoof and then with my back hoofs until i was standing on the water, something i had been practicing during my little hours of freedome wheni had snuck out of the tower. at first i was wobbly and the water's surface was ruff but i controlled the surface , manipulating it with my magic till it was a flat path to the thin line barly visible in the very far distance. equestria. here i come.

• Brohoof 1