Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

First time signatures~

Quilava

This is roughly my first time sort of trying to make signatures. The only problem with me is that I tend to have a problem being inspired to get a design started for one :|

Anyway, here a few that I quickly came up with.

Vinyl.png

Twilly.png

BayleefSig2.png

Tell me what you guys think smile.png, any criticism (be as harsh as you want) is helpful.

• Brohoof 1

I am honestly not sure how I feel about the Vinyl siggy, but I do like the other 2. Imo I feel Twi's cutiemark is a little out of place. Perhaps if it was behind filly Twi, or somewhere else it might look nicer. It just kind of feels like it's thrown in. the background for this signature is wonderful, and I like the inc black text.

I really like the Bayleaf one though, I think it is your superior signature of the 3 posted. I am by no means an expert to signatures (started yesterday xD) but I do have an eye for art ;)

• Brohoof 1

I do agree with you, the vinyl one isn't really my favourite of the bunch.

And I do see what you mean for the cutie mark being behind filly Twi, however, the motive for the positioning of it in the pic, was that she was creeping behind it in fear, though it doesn't seem to have come out that way.

Thanks for the feedback ^_^

Not bad, not bad.
I like the Bayleef signature the most. Your interesting background and use of shading and transparency gives the image depth and adds stimulation. The lack of such shading in the other two signatures shows just how much depth perception adds to an image.

The pure-black "Twilight Sparkle" text is somewhat hard to read, but isn't impossible. The font is rather complicated. I find that a good rule of thumb to follow is that the more complex used font is, the more distinct and obvious the text should be made.

Another thing I feel that is a good rule, is that you should NEVER break an image's aspect ratio(that is, making the height or width out of proportion in relation to the opposite side). It seems like the left Vinyl image has been stretched outwards, and this makes the image look off, thus taking away all impact from the signature.

For a practically first time attempt, these are quite good, and I would highly suggest that you continue your endeavors. If you have access to Adobe Illustrator, I highly suggest taking a gander into that, as it is very helpful in shape creation. I use just such a program when creating my signatures.
http://mlpforums.com/topic/52938-pony-sigs-why-because/

I like, I like. Not bad at all for a first time. I agree the vinyl sig is off, but the other two hit it out of the park. You can try playing around with the blending, depending on which program you use, to make background renders look cooler.

they are all realy good. i like them no imperfections in the pictures that are too bad good sigs. but i have noticed they look alot better when the corners are rounded 

Really appreciate all the constructive feedback everyone :).

Hoping to get better, and the only way to do that is with time, practice, and patience.

I think this one is even better than my Bayleef sig, took me about 2 hours to do with numerous scratches.

But overall, I find this one to be my favourite, even though I still feel that it is missing something.

Snowdrop.png

• Brohoof 1