Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

N/A

Argos

I'm just going to chalk it up to coincidence. I mean, there are so many teams of five or six members, and a large battle with a big bad where they all have to bind their powers together is a pretty cliche thing that's been used before. Just because someone can make voices match a scene, doesn't make both scenes mirror each other. You see any of those trailers put to pony episodes footage, like Spike Pilgrim Versus the World? You think MLP is anything like Scott Pilgrim? Heck no, but the voices fit. I just don't think the sound from one scene put to the video from another makes any similarity. tongue.png

Holy crap I have thought about starting the exact same thread for some time! Glad to see someone else with the same idea in mind. I agree with the comparasons you have made between MLP and Bionicle, and I will add some of my own. 

First of all, as all of you probably have noticed already, there are 6 ponies and 6 toas, each different colors. Now lets look at how the bionicles are built. This picture doesn't show enough, so I'll explain since I have all 6 of the original toas in my bedroom. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 arms: This applies to Gali (blue) and Onua (black). When you turn the axle/stick  thing on their backs, both their arms swing around. With the others only one of their arms (or leg for Pohatu (brown) ) when you turn the axle. This can relate to like how there are 2 of each kind of pony: 2 pegasi, 2 earth pony and 2 unicorns. Like in MLP these 2 are the only ones with both arms that swing and are geared with the turning mechanism. 

I suppose the names of the ponies can relate to something as well. Fluttershy, Rarity and Applejack have only 1 part for their names, while Twilight Sparkle, Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash have 2 parts in their names. This splits the ponies into 2 groups of 3. If we take a look at the build structures of the toas, 3 of them have the black ball nipple things on their chest while the others don't. 

There's also the idea that each character has different abilities, and usually the masks that they're wearing gives them their power (I think). I agree that the masks can be related to the Elements of Harmony as each mask is reserved for that toa only. 

Celestia is a hard one, since Mata Nui is already compared to Equestria. Maybe Celestia is the Mask of Life. Its the mask worn by Mata Nui when he was in person form. The mask isn't as significant as Mata Nui but is also a very powerful element in the Bionicle Universe.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thinking about this makes me miss Bionicle, which ended in 2010. It was my childhood and was what got me into Legos, which was my main hobby before discovering MLP. It's ok I have PONIES now! derpy_emoticon1.png  (my first time using the derpy face!) 

• 1 month later...
(edited)

I've been a fan Of bionicle since it first came out. And I don't just mean the Lego, I mean the Lore. I have never met a person on a forum( minus bzpower) Who is as passionate about bionicle as me. So I was just wondering if there were any other fans of Bionicle? People who remember the awesomeness of MNOG one and two, the comics,the books and the movies? 

I think one thing that brought me to like Mlp is the Similarities between the two such as:

A sense of Unity

A Sense of Duty

And of course, A sense of Destiny

Some characters even remind me of others!

Celestia - Mata Nui

Nightmare Moon - Makuta 

Changlings-Visorak

Chrysalis-Roodaka( Which is funny since they are both the same va)

A funny is that Shining armors VA is Jaller and they are both captain of the Guard,and there are many voice actors that work on mlp worked on the bionicle Movies!

....and I could go on, But I won't !

So are there any more Bionicle fans out there in our forums?tongue.png

(I put it in Movies/TV because most people Know them for that)

Edited by Toa of Ponies
  • Brohoof 1

Ah, I had a feeling your name had to do with Bionicle's toas. I used to follow the lore back in the day (mostly the original storyline and the Bohrak War). Some of these connections could be a stretch, but I can see how it could work. Very interesting, indeed. 

• Brohoof 1

I never got deep into the Bionicle lore, but i loved the lego toys so, so much as a kid. My best friend had tons of these things and we fought so many epic battles with them tongue.png

1032ao.jpg

When i was 6 years old, these were the most badass toys in the whole universe.

• Brohoof 1

I used to be a huge, huge fan of these a long time ago. Every time a new one came out it would be a necessity for me to purchase it and now I have at least 3 of every single type and those massive battle towers and bosses etc and all these rare pieces. I'm sure I have almost the whole collection except for the last few models. They're now sadly just sitting in my garage cupboard collecting dust. Haven't even thought of them for many years until this thread came up. Good times.