Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A Zelda Parody (Requesting Voice Actors)

GoneForeverBye

(edited)

Damn, am I nervous. I sure hope this won't be ignored by people just because it ain't My Little Pony... So anyway, let me explain:

I've been itching to make an abridged series of the Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker for quite a while now. Now, I'm aware that it has been done before... and that whatever I will make will not turn out as good... But still, I'm keen on trying this out.

Now, let me get directly to the point (I'm not good at rambling). I would like to gather together some people to do some voice acting... I'm hoping there are going to be some people who will be interested... Hopefully... Please, please help me make this project happening. I've been at the idea for years literally, and I finally think I've got the general dilemmas out of the way...

I also included improvised lines you could use for auditions... That is, if you're planning on participating.

Link: Protagonist; male. Voice would be just generic boy-like.

"Hey hey. It's not as if I'm trying to put effort into trying to remember stuff ... Now, I actually am and bam! There we go. It's my birthday. Yip-dee-doo, or... something."

Aryll: Link's younger sister; female. The generic, likely-to-be-offensive stereotype. Just playfully insane. My idea was that she would sound like a very young child, having an overly playful tone, with a slight lisp.

"I behaved myself! The seagulls didn't tell me to kill people today." (cheery, proud of herself; on second sentence slightly sinister)

Grandma: old and spiteful. Her voice would be sly, cunning and obviously sound a bit old and raspy.

"Oh shut your whining - it's not so bad. Don't you think I'm sick of this too? I've been doing these rituals for years, and no goddamn results so far." (First part a bit slow and irritated; after "don't you think..." voice goes to normal speech and less from irritation to a VERY slight sadness)

Surgeon: Cut out because I suddenly realized "Hey, he has no purpose in the plot whatsoever!" ... So yeah, just a heads-up that this character does not make a formal appearance.

Orca: (TheBronyHeart)

Tetra: (Ccondelli)

Gonzo: One of Tetra's henchman. He'd have a deep voice, with an accent that is obviously sea-like... Er... Well, he actually has two accents - one that is kind of feminine sounding, which is his real voice, and another one he puts up for crowds, which is more edgier and more manly sounding while trying to make himself sound more serious.

"Oh this kid ain't coming (cough - switch to edgier voice) this kid ain't coming along. I mean, look at him. He looks ridiculous! ... Discrimination aside, we also happen to be... Oh I don't know, BLOODY PIRATES WHO PLUNDER AND KILL AND... YARR... You need to have some serious balls to get onto our ship."

Quill: The postman guy. He is enthusiastic, and speaks quickly. A fast thinker.

"I'm simply here to because, sometimes, all you need is a postman... And for the girl who didn't get it, I'm here to haggle with you and provide an extremely useful assistance to this green guy."

Pardon me for being not too professional with this. I'm terrible with relaying information over in words, and its quite a pain for me. Now, you're free to improvise. Just make sure its done to the best of your ability. The microphone doesn't have to be top-notch, but definitely not buzz or fuzz like hell (Audacity can remove background noise)

Now, enough of me sounding like an idiot... Uh... Yeah... Again, I would be really grateful if... you know... Ah whatever, nobody's paying attention anyway!
Edited by Oleg
  • Brohoof 2

I guess I could try some of this stuff out. I loved wind waker ¡it was one of my favorite games ever. I could do all the male voices, but my german accent might be pretty bad.

(edited)

Can you use any of this? 

This is something that I'd like to help with; Wind Waker is one of my favorite Zelda games (just behind the Oracles series)

Huh. :3 Thanks! ... With Gonzo, you got it down pretty right. ^^ Only thing is, could you maybe talk a bit more clearer, and when you start talking quietly, move closer to the microphone (so that sounds will be caught). I'm going to assume the background noise had an effect on the clarity of it overall, and I'm also going to assume that it's not going to be when you start voicing properly.

Also, for Link, your voice acting was pretty solid with him, but it's just that I imagined him sound somewhat younger, you see. :/

Oh, and I also appreciate you trying to voice other characters such as Ganondorf and Tingle. Although I had a different accent and personality for Ganondorf. I guess that it'll be more established when I get to Episode 2...

Also, what the hell was up with Orca? xD

Edited by Oleg

(edited)

It was very much spur-of-the-moment. I'll make sure to clean it up a lot more next time (though I use a headset and the only comp that I can record with is in a common part of the house)

I could have gone on and done Ganon, but it's been a while since I've played the game (bad disc blah) and I didn't have any good ideas that could have reasonably been specific for him.

And now we have a Pirate with a southern drawl. 

EDIT: I figured it would be funny if all Orca said was his name, like a Pokemon would.

Here's a sample of something else I did, it's considerably cleaner but completely unrelated.

Edited by Pokota

It was very much spur-of-the-moment. I'll make sure to clean it up a lot more next time (though I use a headset and the only comp that I can record with is in a common part of the house)

I could have gone on and done Ganon, but it's been a while since I've played the game (bad disc blah) and I didn't have any good ideas that could have reasonably been specific for him.

And now we have a Pirate with a southern drawl. 

EDIT: I figured it would be funny if all Orca said was his name, like a Pokemon would.

Here's a sample of something else I did, it's considerably cleaner but completely unrelated.

The cleaned up version sounds pretty good. I also like the voice you used in there. As for Gonzo, I meant that the general tone of the voice felt good, but I wouldn't say the same about the accent. So, what I'm requesting is a different accent (something more sea and pirate-like). I would also like it if you could make it sound a bit deeper.

I would like to say you're in, but I'd first want to see if any other people will come in...

I guess I could try some of this stuff out. I loved wind waker ¡it was one of my favorite games ever. I could do all the male voices, but my german accent might be pretty bad.

Sorry for kind of ignoring you yesterday. Kind of skipped over your post by accident. Anyhow, if you could send in some recordings of how you can voice the characters, then that'd be great. I'd be grateful.

I would love to help! PM me or message me on Skype! My skype name is Averyojo! I could probably voice Link, Quil or the postman

Interesting. Do you have anything actually written down for this series? Story and/or production style? How far down the road is this work? I'd be interested in playing Gonzo, if you didn't mind him sounding a little like a washed-up Australian.

Interesting... I shall have to try my hand at either Link or Orca.

This should be a fun project, and I hope you see it through to completion.

My issue isn't seeing it to completion, but actually seeing it to completion with a degree of quality. Still though, I appreciate the support. I'd like to see some recordings, as well. : )

I would love to help! PM me or message me on Skype! My skype name is Averyojo! I could probably voice Link, Quil or the postman

I sent you a Skype friend request, so we can talk later on. We can see what we can do, okay?

Interesting. Do you have anything actually written down for this series? Story and/or production style? How far down the road is this work? I'd be interested in playing Gonzo, if you didn't mind him sounding a little like a washed-up Australian.

Well, I mostly have a bunch of jumbled ideas in my head for the series overall, but I did write out most of Episode 1's script. The production style... well, I guess I can say that the whole thing is incredibly silly. I tried designing the characters to be memorable, and have them interact with other characters, as well as deal with random comedic gags in the meantime (as far as my ability to convey "comedy")

Well, I'd love to get some audition recordings sent over. : )

----

Well, I do thank the people who have responded so far. However, I would enjoy it if there were some female voice actors here as well... :v

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I am currently going for Orca.

Here is a very rough one I tried. It doesn't sound all that "old" though.

Wow. I'm loving this one. I am seriously loving this one. The coughing is a bit overdone, but a nice addition. In fact, I'm going to be honest when I say that it actually kind of inspired me a new aspect of his character that could be implemented in his parts.

There is one issue, though, which I do blame on my self. I intended Orca to kind of speaking a bit more "whisperish" (I hope it makes sense) when saying "screw my ethereal patience - im done with this". But still, its good!

Again, know that its nothing personal.

Edited by Oleg
  • Brohoof 1

Wow. I'm loving this one. I am seriously loving this one. The coughing is a bit overdone, but a nice addition. In fact, I'm going to be honest when I say that it actually kind of inspired me a new aspect of his character that could be implemented in his parts.

There is one issue, though, which I do blame on my self. I intended Orca to kind of speaking a bit more "whisperish" (I hope it makes sense) when saying "screw my ethereal patience - im done with this". But still, its good!

Again, know that its nothing personal.

:D

And yes, I completely understand. I wasn't quite sure how to read it, but that does make sense.

Would you like me to do another while following those new guidelines?

• Brohoof 1

biggrin.png

And yes, I completely understand. I wasn't quite sure how to read it, but that does make sense.

Would you like me to do another while following those new guidelines?

Well, that is if you have no problem with it. I'm fine either way. I have faith that in the final product, you'll do fine.

By the way, you win the role as Orca's voice actor, if that's okay with you.

• Brohoof 1

Hi, I'd like to help in this too! Here's me doing Tetra, Aryll, and Grandma. My auditions are in three separate videos, sorry. A Zelda parody sounds amazingly fun, good idea! 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Hi, I'd like to help in this too! Here's me doing Tetra, Aryll, and Grandma. My auditions are in three separate videos, sorry. A Zelda parody sounds amazingly fun, good idea! 

Hurray! Finally a female voice actor!! ^^

Okay, should I go ahead and point out that its actually Aryll's telescope you're talking about? She gives it to Link "for one day" (but gets kidnapped soon after and therefore he basically keeps it).

Anyhow, more about the actual voices: I think that overall you did a very good job of Aryll and Tetra. Aryll's childlike essence was well done. Tetra's accent is a bit off, but overall still added to the character quite well (I should probably mention that Tetra's character is redesigned from the audition line to be different, but the voice performance is still the same).

Grandma, on the other hand... I don't know. It just seems too artificial to me. Sorry.

I am having you in mind. : ) You'll hear a bit more from me tomorrow, when I made up my mind, and am not so damn tired.

Edited by Oleg

Oh oops, that's right sorry, I haven't played the game in a while and I kind of forgot who's telescope it was originally. I was just sort of improvising random extra lines to add. Thanks for the feedback! :) 

• Brohoof 1

Hmm... I kept quiet hoping more people would show up, but apparently not. I don't have have anything to say, either. Here's the list of people I have chosen, or am considering. Green is chosen; black means consideration; grey has nothing.

---

Link = ...

Aryll = Ccondelli / Someone outside the Forum (I'll explain it below)

Grandma = ...

Orca = TheBronyHeart

Tetra = Ccondelli

Gonzo =  Pokota

Quill = ...

---

I just love using colours! ...anyhow, I have made my choice with two of the characters, Orca and Tetra, which is nice. However, I am one prone to change of mind, and therefore if someone comes along and comes up with a better audition... well, sorry. :/ But for now, you are chosen. : )

As you can see above, I actually have someone having someone outside of the forums. I still can't decide whether to settle on Ccondelli, or the unnamed person. I'm not sure how to decide on this one, honestly. Pokota is still in consideration for Gonzo, but I would appreciate another audition with another accent (because the "southern drawl" just doesn't fit... :/ )

I'm still missing voices for Link, Grandma, and (someone who people would have likely not noticed because I added him later on after I figured out I accidentally missed him ... sorry) Quill (the Rito postman).

Hm... I'm thinking about voicing some characters myself if it comes down to it... :/ I'm not a great actor, though.

Personally, I think a southerner pirate would be funnier, but you're the director. What you say is what goes.

For this first one, ignore the first half since that was done before I realized that you were wanting a less southern Gonzo.

For this second one, it's the audition line again, but I'm trying to get it just right.

• Brohoof 1

Well, this is an unfortunate turn of events. The project is set on hold for a while ... along with my entire existence on the internet...

I do apologize for those who had responded here. I think I'm going to be away for quite a while.

No worries, Oleg ^^ This is your project. We'll find other ways to keep busy until you come back.

Hey all the everybody that was interested in working on this: can we get a skype group going so that we can get used to each other? It might be fun to put together a few original "radio play" projects while Oleg's out of commission.

• Brohoof 1