Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

i have a question for yoouuu.

fly

(edited)

<p>hi, hello. i am quite new to this site and i do hope i'm not being to intrusive by asking this, but i would like to ask someone who might be more experienced in the whole My Little Pony/brony group, if you consider yourself pretty serious about it, of course, a question. i am doing a project for my English class &amp; it involves interviewing someone that is part of a counterculture or a subculture, and i'm fairly sure that being a brony fits into one of those categories. so if any of you more serious and experienced bronies are interested in an interview, just let me know and we can set one up. thanks so much. [:</p>

Edited by fly

This thread appears to be related to the My Little Pony franchise and/or the Bronydom in general. Thus, it has been sentenced to Sugarcube Corner.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

I'm interested I watched every episode read many fanfics/creepy pastas and buy their franchise pm me if you wanna talk more this is me signing off

I'd be willing to do it, but I'm probably not the best person. I'm not as in touch with the fandom in terms of art, fanfiction, and music, as a lot of people on the site. But I do know plenty about sociology that might help you, and I have done something like this before, so I guess I can do it if you want me to.

(edited)

I don't really mind an interview, I've been a brony since around november 2010 just after Griffon the Brush-Off was being released. I'm not that experienced when it comes to skills myself but I've seen plenty of fandom material ranging from fan art, music, videos.  I've seen the whole 4chan rage, the whole hiatus about cupcakes and sweet apple massacre. The whole remix hype about beyond her garden, I've read a few of the first fanfictions. I can tell ya all about it to if ya want too. But it depends if you've already found someone or not.

Edited by Winterbass

hmmm. i wasn't expecting this many replies. i don't really know who to pick now. just so you know though the interview less about MLP and more about you as a fan of MLP and why you're a fan (and other things like that), if that changes anyone's mind.

• Brohoof 1

Well I would love to help with your interview, but there is a small problem. I live in an entirely different continent. If you were planning on a face to face interview then I can't help you. Sorry.

Unless you want to try and interview me over Skype or something then all I can do is wish you luck with your project.

okay, i'll just ask a simple question, that will have a not so simple answer, to help me decide. [: this is for those of you who have already posted (if you see this) and will post:

why do you like MLP (just try to sum up your answer without writing a book [; i know it can be hard)?

I like MLP because I think that it is just as good as any other cartoon out there like Spongebob or Fairy Odd Parents just with a different target audience in mind. It's well written and the characters have more depth than some other cartoon characters out there. I also find the story line to 'engaging' so to speak.

Is that something that you wanted or do you want me to write some more?

Is that something that you wanted or do you want me to write some more?

no, i think that'll do. i'll just wait a little while to see if anyone else has any answers. if no one answers in the next hour or so, then you'll do just fine, but if anyone does, i suppose i'll have to choose. thanks for your help, by the way.

Because it has good villains,interesting plots,it doesnt make me wanna throw my tv out the window,and I love the fandom to death!

You'll find as many different reasons for liking the show as members on here.

I'm an older guy (43), married with 2 daughters. I work security and bouncing/doorwork. Maybe not your average fan, but i digress.

We all put up fronts and walls to get us through life, however theres always a part of us that remembers how it felt Christmas morning when we were kids, and before we found out Santa was actually our parents. There was a magic to it, that I miss as an adult. 

This show takes me back there. I can't put my finger on why, but unlike any other show this one has gotten hold of me, and has reached a part of me that misses being a kid. 

Also, the fandom are some of the coolest folks you'll ever meet. There will always be one or two jerks, but on the whole Bronies are awesome, and i'm proud to call myself one.

• Brohoof 1

The art's frickin' awesome, the voice-acting is wonderful and the animations are beautiful. The humor's great, the characters have great in-depth personalities. And have I told you about the music? It's amazing, simply fantastic. From the full-blown songs to the little sound effects it just adds so much more to each scene! All in all everything's well-woven into a fine masterpiece of 20 minutes each. Plus the fandom makes the show so much more enjoyable.

Too many people have replied to this already! However, if you're still looking for someone to "interview", you can consider me too. I tend to give long well-thought-out answers to questions, which may be what you need to help beef up that project of yours.

I'm also not the typical brony as I've never watched Faust's 90's cartoons, I don't play video games, I've never been in any other geek culture before (not even Pokémon). It's something completely new to me!

(edited)

thank you guys soooo much for being willing to help me. you guys are all great! :D but, unfortunately, i can pick only one of you and you guys definitely didn't make it easy. buuut i tried my best to pick someone who i think would make a good interviewee and would represent bronies as a whole very well, so did pick one of you. thank you guys sososo much.

p.s. i wasn't planning on really using this website much after this, but i think i might stick around a bit more, thanks to the friendliness of you guys.

Edited by fly
  • Brohoof 1