Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My Little Pony Theory

Estella

While this topic might fall in a different area, I find this to match up with the requirements.

The theory relates to how the world of MLP works, and where some of the 'flaws' lay, and some of these I'm sure other people have noticed.

In the world of MLP, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna both raise and lower the Sun and Moon, however, this holds a threat. If a villain of Equestria that does not have that power happens to overthrow the princesses, what would happen?

Say Queen Chrysalis actually completely defeated Celestia for good in their battle, just how big of a change would occur? Sure, 'Oh no, the princess is gone!' but isn't there a bigger problem? Who's there to raise the Sun now?

With all of this said, has Celestia made it inadvertently impossible for a villain to defeat her, due to the fear of not having enough power to survive AFTER she is defeated, due to quite possibly eternal darkness, or maybe just pure blackness if Luna happened to be defeated as well?

Another part of this theory would be, what happens if Luna and Celestia's magic run out? Does the Sun lose it's brightness, do the stars disappear? There are a lot of scary possibilities that could occur if any of them were actually more permanently defeated. 

What is everyone else's thoughts on this?

• Brohoof 1

If that happened, the responsibility could be forced back onto the Unicorns, as they were the ones who did it back in the centuries before Celestia and Luna.  Unless of course the conquering villain actually sought to eventually kill everyone under the blanket of eternal night or sunlight. 

I think that if they were conquered by such a villain, everything would go back to the pre-Hearth's Warming Eve days, except that the three pony races would probably be forced into their roles as a form of slavery rather than doing it as part of some kind of trade off with each other. 

• Brohoof 1

If that happened, the responsibility could be forced back onto the Unicorns, as they were the ones who did it back in the centuries before Celestia and Luna.  Unless of course the conquering villain actually sought to eventually kill everyone under the blanket of eternal night or sunlight. 

I think that if they were conquered by such a villain, everything would go back to the pre-Hearth's Warming Eve days, except that the three pony races would probably be forced into their roles as a form of slavery rather than doing it as part of some kind of trade off with each other. 

Remember, in the days of olde, the unicorns used to control the heavenly bodies. So I think that even if Celestia and Luna were defeated life could still go on. 

Obviously understandable, but still debatable. Would it still be possible for the Unicorns to 'go back' to the old times, and use their magic for that?

Considering the obvious sense of security and freedom, the actual question is is would they be WILLING to go back to those times immediately, and how long would it take? Of course, there are ALWAYS possibilities, and those are one of them.

Maybe, they took over control of sun and moon, to have the power to rule and restore/maintain harmony? You know, like the source of their power and "immortality" is the power they get from those cosmic instances. Maybe sun and moon would raise themselves if the princesses weren't there. They are just someway "connected", they represent the two, they are not them. What would happen if they disappear...hmmm. I don't know. Celestia took over Luna's Job during the banishment, right? That could...

*thinks*

*thinks*

What if Celestia and Luna are both dying and this is the reason why we have Princess Twilight Sparkle?

NO! I disapprove this headcanon! Go away!

• Brohoof 1

Maybe, they took over control of sun and moon, to have the power to rule and restore/maintain harmony? You know, like the source of their power and "immortality" is the power they get from those cosmic instances. Maybe sun and moon would raise themselves if the princesses weren't there. They are just someway "connected", they represent the two, they are not them. What would happen if they disappear...hmmm. I don't know. Celestia took over Luna's Job during the banishment, right? That could...

*thinks*

*thinks*

What if Celestia and Luna are both dying and this is the reason why we have Princess Twilight Sparkle?

NO! I disapprove this headcanon! Go away!

You just opened up a portal to about 20 different kinds of fanfic in a single sentence. I don't know whether I should be very happy, or very scared.

Now, on to topic. That sounds like a possibility, and. Hmm.. Of course, didn't they say Celestia was highly weakened because she had to control both?

And, if they are dying, they will probably not show it, but will put it in the next Generation, like between G3 and G4, or something.

It's not so much a matter of willingness, but whether they still have access to the techniques necessary. Afterall, it's been over a thousand years since the unicorns had to move the Sun and Moon, so it's entirely possible the 'how-to' knowledge has been lost.

That's assuming that Celestia is a bit of a nit, though. A reasonable pony in her position would make sure that backups were available. In fact, it's entirely possible that some of the advanced classes in her own Academy is on stellar body manipulation. Especially since for a thousand years she was responsible for both the Sun and Moon, which would wear on anypony.

• Brohoof 1

You just opened up a portal to about 20 different kinds of fanfic in a single sentence. I don't know whether I should be very happy, or very scared.

Now, on to topic. That sounds like a possibility, and. Hmm.. Of course, didn't they say Celestia was highly weakened because she had to control both?

And, if they are dying, they will probably not show it, but will put it in the next Generation, like between G3 and G4, or something.

I actually have two fanfic ideas about something "similiar" (they don't "die"), but my english is not good enough to write ten thousands of words on my own and I don't want to bother someone with my stuff if not necessary. Most bronies live in US, and time-zone, comm-issues and so... well, I guess I keep on trying, I have time and season four is still far away. Could shorten a bit after all.

This thread appears to be discussing MLP:FiM in some way, shape or form. Thus, it has been sentenced to Show Discussion.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.