Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Suzaku and the Search for Pony Cards

Suzaku

So I went grocery shopping today, and there's this section where there are boxes of trading card packs.  This time, for the first time, I saw that they had added My Little Pony trading cards!  So I reached into the box, and I come up with a handful of... WWE trading cards.  Ragemode kept closely in check, I dig through the box and finally come up with three packs of MLP trading cards at the bottom.  So I grab them.

Now, I wanted to get MORE than three, but these three were all they had, so I'd be happy with them.  My mentality was that as long as I got a pony I liked (especially Applejack!), I'd be happy.

First pack comes with a Nightmare Moon standee.  No real good cards.  I get Flitter and Cloudchaser, which are ponies I like at least.

Second pack has Celestia and Luna and a holofoil Twilight Sparkle (along with a couple meh cards).  One of my favorite ponies, but no Best Pony (Applejack).  I'm starting to think that the Mane Six are more rare than the rest of the ponies.

So, I open the third pack.  Second card in is DERPY!  Granted, no name on the card, but it's very obviously Derpy.  Not my favorite background pony (that would be Colgate), but a solid second place.  Glee!

That glee is short-lived, however.  Because it is totally washed out by an even BIGGER wave of glee when the next card is a HOLOFOIL APPLEJACK!  GLEE TO THE NTH POWER!

So that's the story of my trip to the grocery store today.  Anyone else got any lovely surprises in card packs that they'd like to share?

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Congrats on getting something that you actually like. Everytime I get cards I get next to nothing. All I have that I am actually pleased about are a shiny(is that what there called...) Vinyl and Octavia card that came with Vinyl's box, A golden version of Princess Cadence, and a Royal Wedding edition of Pinkie Pie(True glee effect here). Other than that I've got nothing interesting, granted I haven't bought packs since the beginning of Season3.

Edited by TGAP Babs Seed

HOLY CRAP YOU SHOP AT WALMART TOO!? :D :D :D

Sorry. That was loud.

I've been dying to buy that little MLP lunchbox they have next to the trading cards. I'd love the trading cards too, but I have a severe addiction to temporary tattoos, and apparently the cute little lunchboxes has both temporary tattoos and trading cards. :)

Congrats on getting AJ! xD

HOLY CRAP YOU SHOP AT WALMART TOO!? biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Sorry. That was loud.

I've been dying to buy that little MLP lunchbox they have next to the trading cards. I'd love the trading cards too, but I have a severe addiction to temporary tattoos, and apparently the cute little lunchboxes has both temporary tattoos and trading cards. smile.png

Congrats on getting AJ! xD

I've seen those lunchboxes too! Just today i was buying some cards and I saw the box and was like. "Must resist, save money for important things" and I didn't buy it. But i will... one day

:P  Actually, it was Fred Meyer.  But yeah, they have those lunchboxes too.  It's also where I got my first MLP merchandise - a set of figurines with Rainbow Dash, Gilda, and one of the Wonderbolts (Surprise).

Few good cards I've gotten have been:

~ Gold Series Foil Discord - Series 1

~ Foil Discord - Series 2

~ 4 of the 6 elements of Harmony foil puzzle parts (I'm missing Generosity and magic)

~ Royal Wedding Celestia, AppleJack and Shining armor( Igot 2 Celestia and Armor)

~ Foil Zecora Series 1

~ Foil Filly Rarity Series 1

all the other foils have been meh.

I've got a Derpy lunchbox set, and Vinyl Scratch box set coming to me as well.

(edited)

So far the best thing I've pulled was a Gold Celestia from series one, I haven't found any of the rare S2 cards yet. I do have good chunk of the Cadance/Spike puzzle though. 

Edited by Shoboni

(edited)

Congrats on getting a foil AJ. I have a series 1 AJ foil, but not from series 2. I've had lousy luck with Pony cards. I just recently got into collecting them, but I mostly want series 1 cards, and they're all but gone now. Buying online will probably end up being my only option.

As for series 2, I was lucky enough to get a lunch box at Target, and they also have a few jumbo packs, but otherwise they're pretty sparse on cards. My Walmart has absolutely no pony cards whatsoever, so I'm never gonna bother with them. Hot Topic has them on occasion, but I REFUSE to pay $3.50 when they're supposed to be $1.99. Nope. Not doing it.

And Dollar Tree now has value packs for a dollar, but you don't get any foil cards or standees/stickers, so I'm not crazy about those.

Edited by Sugar Cube

Congrats on getting a foil AJ. I have a series 1 AJ foil, but not from series 2. I've had lousy luck with Pony cards. I just recently got into collecting them, but I mostly want series 1 cards, and they're all but gone now. Buying online will probably end up being my only option.

As for series 2, I was lucky enough to get a lunch box at Target, and they also have a few jumbo packs, but otherwise they're pretty sparse on cards. My Walmart has absolutely no pony cards whatsoever, so I'm never gonna bother with them. Hot Topic has them on occasion, but I REFUSE to pay $3.50 when they're supposed to be $1.99. Nope. Not doing it.

And Dollar Tree now has value packs for a dollar, but you don't get any foil cards or standees/stickers, so I'm not crazy about those.

I've been watching the Dollarama stores here for pony cards and merch,....so far nothing except some Coloring books with Cadence and Rainbow Dash on them....I'm hoping they get cards in...because they have YuGiOh and Magic cards as well as Pokemon and some other cards...

as for Canadian Targets, we only have the double packs for Series 1 and 2 cards....Double packs are $5 for series one and $6 for series 2.I guess that's the price I pay living in Canada(High cost of living). We also got Series 2 Fluttershy box and Series 1 Pinkie Pie box.Yetthe Series 2 Fluttershy box had series 1 card packs in it? The Foil Fluttershy that came in the box was a Series 2 card though..F39

• Brohoof 1

I usually get pretty lucky. I have all the holos of the mane 6 from series one and a Rare Luna card that's gold. I also have a a lot of Fluttershy holos from series two and a twilight one.