Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Equestria University Re-Roll

Ampharos

@@InfinityWhale,

Blaze grew slightly annoyed at Light's ignorance. "Oi! Leave him be. I can assure you that wasn't his way of thinking at all. He wasn't being a know-it-all. He didn't want the whole class to be a debate on how old draconequui are." Ignorant bloody... Blaze realized he was getting angry over something stupid and took a deep breath, letting it out in a sigh. "Ah bollocks. Sorry about that. I guess I got a little defensive..."

"I used to play the trumpet but had to quit. I don't really remember much of it anyways, probably suck now"

(OOC I actually do play, I never quit though) She smiled at Pelate. He was her best friend here! Starry started to hop/skip her way to class.

"Hey Pel, want to sit together in music?"

She was acting like she was in kindergarten, it was so much fun though!

@

I smile "you quit?...I want to ask why but id rather not get all in your business." Then she offers to sit by me "but of coarse I'll sit by you" when I see her hopping around I never seen such a nice and happy mare in my life, considering all the ones I met in high school and jr high where Sluts and snobby jerks. "May I hop and skip with you" I ask hopping and skipping to catch up with Star. I make a childish smile at her.

She giggled

"Why of course my hopping and skipping companion!"

She had gotten obsessed with this show called Doctor Whooves. (Yes, this is what's going to happen) Starry hopped and Skipped into the music room after yelling to Blaze

"I like your da- I mean the teacher! He's different then other teachers!"

She sat at a desk near the middle of the classroom and saved one for Pelate.

@@Ampharos,

Light Eye look a little taken aback at this reaction from Blaze. "You're probably right," she conceded. "It was his first day and he was losing control of the class, I guess it makes sense he would be in a bit of a panic. I'm sorry for my comments. However, I will not apologize for bringing up the information! The draconequi have been a major influence in Equestrian history, for at least 1,000 years and very possibly many, many more! It's important to put them in their proper frame rather than to simply smooth over them in discussion. That would be like neglecting mention Night Mare Moon's transformation or not talking about the first exodus to Equestria."

(edited)

@@InfinityWhale, @@Ampharos,

"Now now mein freunde," Steeleye said to both of them in a placating tone. "No teacher is perfect. Each and everyone one of us have our little quirks and oddities. While, yes, I think he could do better with his class; it does not mean I think any less of him. It is his first year, so it is understandable. Even if it were his tenth, there would still be room to learn no? I try to learn new things all the time, even when I am not successful. As for music..." He paled a little bit and looked a tad apprehensive. "It is a class I would rather not take again. My comprehension of musical notes is well enough, but putting them to practice is..." He paused for a moment, obviously searching for a word he did not use often. "I shall say that my talents lie solidly in a different direction. As well... this teacher and I have a bit of eh... history, though she will likely not remember what I do." As they entered the classroom, he almost seemed to vanish, not so much physically as mentally. Perhaps for the first time any of them would have seen, he was legitimately scared. The seat in the farthest back, least visible are was quickly occupied by him.

Edited by Higurashi

She giggled

"Why of course my hopping and skipping companion!"

She had gotten obsessed with this show called Doctor Whooves. (Yes, this is what's going to happen) Starry hopped and Skipped into the music room after yelling to Blaze

"I like your da- I mean the teacher! He's different then other teachers!"

She sat at a desk near the middle of the classroom and saved one for Pelate.

@

I hop into class with Star. I sit with Star and look around the classroom. "Wonder what the teacher is like in this class" I pull out some supplies and book for the class. I look at Star then back at the book *don't act strange Pel! Be normal*

@@InfinityWhale,@@Ampharos,

"He wasn't able to get to it," Psych Ward frowned.  "You guys didn't give him enough time.  He was all of a sudden bombarded with questions and theories.  How do think that makes a pony feel?"

(Gotta go dye my hair.  Be back soon.  I play flute and keyboard in real life.)

(edited)

@@Psych Ward,
@@Ampharos,

"Didn't give him enough time? He was done on the subject and..." Light Eye took a deep breath and stopped, trying to regain her composure. "You are allowed to have your opinion. I disagree. I hope that we can remain friends regardless. " She said this calm and businesslike, with a sincere twinge towards the end. She found a seat towards the front of the classroom, sensing that Steeleye was preferring to remain hidden for this classroom. "Would you like to sit next to me?" She offered Psych and Blaze.

Edited by InfinityWhale

Blaze looked gratefully at Psych. "In the name of Celestia thank you! I for one thought it was dreadfully obvious. BUt I can assure you that he'll talk more about the subject tomorrow. It was something he did when I was a colt and he was teaching me mechanics. He'd ask me if I knew about something, I may or may not know about, then he would move on to something else and focus on that the next day. Oh sorry you probably confused since you haven't mentioned it yet. He's my dad. You probably already guessed it though. And Light unless you're sitting in the back I'd rather not. This teacher is... something..." Blaze eventually made it to the classroom and sat down in the back. He did not want this teacher to interact with him that much.

@

I hop into class with Star. I sit with Star and look around the classroom. "Wonder what the teacher is like in this class" I pull out some supplies and book for the class. I look at Star then back at the book *don't act strange Pel! Be normal*

(OOC character limit)

Starry thought a moment

"Well this teacher, as Blaze said seems... Odd. Ah well, life goes on and wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff happens"

(I'm going to quote so many things :P Not just from Doctor Who but from Doctor Whooves stuff) Starry realized that wibbly wobbly timey wimey was from her favorite show. Dang it! I need to stop doing that! Ponies are going to think I'm weird! Star smiled embarrassingly. She look towards the head of the class were the teacher was going to be. She sort of sunk into her seat. 

Suddenly, a light purple mare with an exquisite styled mane came in practically bouncing. "Hello everyone you may call me Lilac Melody and I will be your music teacher so first we're going to-" Her pauseless chatter abruptly stopped as she saw someone she recognized and her tone became serious and her sentences formed correctly. "Steeleye Sungazer. I thought I'd never get the chance to see you again. Unfortunately I see that I did get that chance. There are thousands of reasons I could suggest as to why you are here but I think I'll put them off. Anyhoo like I was saying I'd like a show of hooves as to who here as played a instrument."

Dust put up his hoof lazily. He didn't exactly get this teacher. She seemed so... out of it. He couldn't tell where one sentence started and another began. He assumed that she had instruments here and hoped to Celestia that she had a piano.

(edited)

Starry thought a moment

"Well this teacher, as Blaze said seems... Odd. Ah well, life goes on and wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff happens"

(I'm going to quote so many things :P Not just from Doctor Who but from Doctor Whooves stuff) Starry realized that wibbly wobbly timey wimey was from her favorite show. Dang it! I need to stop doing that! Ponies are going to think I'm weird! Star smiled embarrassingly. She look towards the head of the class were the teacher was going to be. She sort of sunk into her seat.

I chuckle a bit when I see her smile embarrassingly. Then I see the teacher come into the class. When she asked who plays an instrument I raised my hoof frantically *damn it Pel you're becoming more and more silly every minute!!!* I calm down and raise my hoof with a straight normaler face. *that's batter Pel* I blush awkwardly at my actions. Edited by PelateOvercast

Unsure of whether or not singing counted, since almost every pony could do so naturally, Light Eye didn't put her hoof up. She had wanted to learn the skill when she was younger, but her parents hadn't been able to fund her desire to do so, and after her cutie mark came in she was pretty much confirmed to never get the chance. She had shrugged it off, though. It was a skill she could do without and she hard worked hard to train her voice in the absence of an instrumental skill. She was actually looking forward to exercising it.

She cringed at the verbal abuse of Steeleye. She cared little enough about his ability to sing: he was kind and smart and very interesting. And for a teacher to have such blatant disregard for one of her former students made her angry, the fact that it was her friend not helping improve her ire at all.

(edited)

@@Ampharos,

((You guys need to stop doing so much while I'm asleep. D:)) 

Whirl Wake blinked awake. "Where am I?" He lifted his head from his hooves to find himself inside a classroom, facing a large stallion who slightly reminded him of Blaze. "Who are you?" Suddenly his brain turned on and his eyes went wide. "Wait, class already started?"

Edited by Jverne

Starry didn't raise her hoof, why would she? She didn't play anymore. Watching some of the others raise their hooves made her slump a little lower into her seat. Ah well, that's what you get for choosing books over music. She looked around, where in Equestria was Whirl?

"Um, Miss Melody? We seem to be missing a student. May I please get him?"

She wasn't a big fan of Whirl but he couldn't miss class. Well, she liked him as a friend but didn't really trust him. Ah well, what's a mare to do?

(edited)

@@Ampharos,

((I didn't actually mean 'he was an ultra-jerk to her' kind of history, though their past is strained (in my mind anyways). My post explains.))

Steeleye cringed when she saw him, shrinking to the size of an ant, or rather it looked like he really wanted to. In a manner of speaking, his music experience hadn't been traumatic, but it was severely complicated. It would likely be weird to others if he told them, but Lilac Melody had been his first crush. In a way, it was like how some of Ms Cheerilee's students developed romantic feelings towards her due to her kind nature. However, by the time Steeleye came to the University he was fully grown. While he certainly hadn't despise mares, he just never ended up thinking about them in that way until he met Lilac Melody. This, accompanied by his complete and total ineptitude at music made him completely and totally awkward around her. Logic that normally guided his movements broke down in a train wreck fashion, that is: spectacularly and chaotically. While rather incapable of playing an instrument himself, his other talents allowed him great artistic freedom with composing music. He had tried to gift her something he had worked on for a full two months, a beautiful sounding symphony that had good contrast with the bass and higher pitched instruments. By some twist of fate, one which he had never figured out, it had never arrived at her. Instead she found a few rather unseemly objects and a nasty note in her desk where his gift should have been. He had always suspected that a pony like Whirl Wake had done it in some fit of revenge, but he had never found out who or exactly why. It was a dark and deep wound to an otherwise stellar academic record, which set it back to forever be mediocre.

Edited by Higurashi

@, (Path Finder doesn't look like Blaze that much. The only thing that's similar is the eyes.))

Path Finder looked back at Whirl Wake. How had he not noticed this stallion? He sighed frustratingly. "No sir, class already ended. Now I would recommend heading to Music before I have a fit. Get on with it!" Path Finder sighed again. Today hadn't been his day. He needed to break his habit of foreshadowing the next days' lesson. 

@,

Lilac smiled at Star. "If what you say is true then of course go right ahead!"

(edited)

@@Ampharos

Elipsis sat in a seat in the back of the class. she hears the teacher talk about instruments she slowly raised a hoof, she plays Violin. (OOC sorry I haven't used Elipsis in a while) *hipe this class is a bit more exiting than mythology* she admitted to herself that mythology was...pretty boring, but she didn't like to think things where unfun or bad. "Uhm, teacher? What will we be mainly doing in this class?" Elipsis hadn't noticed how stupid her question was but it managed to tumble through her teeth.

Edited by PelateOvercast

"Okay, thank you!"

She trotted quickly out the door but she wasn't running. She headed towards the mythology class to find Whirl Wake and Path Finder in there. Why am I not surprised? She trotted inside.

"Hello Mr. Path, may I please take this student off your hooves? Also, sorry for my argument earlier. I really did study a lot and this one very strange zebra filly once told me she had a friend named Chaos who was a draconi (non plural, I think) when I was teaching her mythology. It was hard to believe but some of the craziest truths can come from foals. Anyways, Miss Melody needs us in class."

(edited)

@

Whirl Wake turned his head to see... Now, who was that? Oh yeah. Star. "Hey." He managed, sliding out of his seat with little dignity. "Thanks for coming to get me." He opened the door and walked out with her into an empty hallway. "So, I take it you know where the music room is?" He turned to her, his face still appearing asleep.

Edited by Jverne

@@Ampharos,

Psych Ward nodded.  "It's fine," she said, sitting down.  She smiled as the teacher walked in.  She didn't want to, but she carefully raised her hoof.

Jitter bean quickly ran into the room, the sweet aroma of coffee beans following her.  "Sorry I'm late," she frowned, taking the first empty seat she found. 

@

"Mostly music history and things like that but i tend to throw in music playing every now and then to keep things interesting speaking of which that's what we're gonna do today! Anyone who wants to play an instrument in front of the class can come up now because I have just about every single instrument that you could possibly play!"

Dust stood up immediately and walked over to a piano that he hadn't seen before. He sat down on the bench and turned to Lilac Melody. She nodded eagerly. Dust closed his eyes and began to play.

"Yes, I know where it is."

she watched as the tired Whirl Wake walked with her it looked like he was a little colt. She smiled at Whirl kindly, it'd be rude to laugh. She tried to offer him some support so he didn't fall over.

"You alright Whirl? You need some help?"

@,

Whirl Wake smiled at her kind offer. "Nah, I'm fine. Thank you though." He sighed. "Curse this early-starting class schedule." After walking and blinking for a bit, he turned to the mare. "Star, be honest with me here." He scratched the back of his neck. "Are you suspicious of me? In any way?" Whirl knew what a weird question that may sound like, but he wanted to ask it, and badly. Lately he had been getting questioning looks from his peers, as if he looked like he was up to no good.

@,

"Mostly music history and things like that but i tend to throw in music playing every now and then to keep things interesting speaking of which that's what we're gonna do today! Anyone who wants to play an instrument in front of the class can come up now because I have just about every single instrument that you could possibly play!"

Dust stood up immediately and walked over to a piano that he hadn't seen before. He sat down on the bench and turned to Lilac Melody. She nodded eagerly. Dust closed his eyes and began to play.

@@Ampharos

(Elipsis)

Elipsis gulped "I guess I could try..." She said to herself (there is obscurely a violin in this class) she walked up to the class and waited for her turn, *I'm getting nervous, should I do this?* she slapped a confident look on her face (not literally people) and said to herself "you gotta be confident..." She stood there listening to another pony play the piano *that pony is fairly good at piano, I'm not so sure about this, but I'll still try...*

(Pelate Overcast)

I look around and stand up hesitantly I walk up to Lilac and quietly ask "do you have a flute I can play?" I was hesitant, I hoped I could do this, but most importantly, would Star be here in time to see it?