Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How can you draw in detail?

Pinkiepieness

So I'm currently doing well with drawing ponies now and I'm very curious on how to draw with precise detail (such as shading, coloring with certain shade marks, etc.) I'm very curious on how to do this but every time I go to do it, it turns out wrong and just bad. 

If any of you could help, that'd be great ^.^

• Brohoof 1

It's difficult for myself to give advice in a situation such as this when I myself have yet to really nail down fine details for ponies. What I can do though is suggest following these links and read up on them.

Basic Pony Value Tutorial

Hair: It's less than you think!

The best advice I've been given is to think of the pony as primitive shapes (in 3D) and then shade accordingly. For Example, the head would be a ball, hoofs/arms would be cylinders and the ears would be cones hollowed on one side. Of course this may prove to be a bit difficult. If you have gmod or can find some good gmod screenshots of ponies, you can use those as a general baseline on shading. The best thing to do, albeit the one nobody wants to do. is to draw out some still lives and practice! I mean I can't blame ya, it's quite boring to be drawing some bottles and containers BUT it is a good beginning point on how to interpret value.