Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is a judge-based music featuring system still planned?

DusK

Just wondering what the plans are, if there are any, for artist featuring outside of popularity rankings.

Yes, this is still planned! We're currently working on a reimagining of Pony.fm that'll pave the way for a much smoother, better experience, and the judge-based systems that were discussed during the alpha will be implemented after this next major update. :D

• Brohoof 2

The idea of a tier below the judging panel, of people who provide critiques but have no direct control over the featuring of tracks, may happen as well, but I'd rather focus on getting the featuring part of it right first.

• Brohoof 3

The idea of a tier below the judging panel, of people who provide critiques but have no direct control over the featuring of tracks, may happen as well, but I'd rather focus on getting the featuring part of it right first.

Good to hear that this is still in the works. I'm very much looking forward to attempting to break playing with this feature. :D

Yeah, I was almost tempted to start a blog and just post my fav song's that I find on pony FM :)!

I might not now though knowing that a good rating feature will be implemented :D!

BTW, Will there be a commenting system open for all to use?

(edited)

Can I ask if you have figured out who will be in this judge panel? Do you have people who understand a wide specter of different genres so we avoid the EDM-fest that is the Equestria Daily featured songs? (not saying no EDM, but more variation within the EDM and Dubstep and trying to make all genres equal, just to clarify)

Also I must say I kind of like the current system better in that it just pops up random songs people are listening to at the moment, makes for a more of a "explore new cool songs" feel than a "here are some tracks, they are probably good but you won't see any more until the judges deem them good enough" one, which could also lead to less browsing of the main library as people would just go listen to the permanent featured tracks and avoid everything else I fear.

I hope I am wrong. Just don't want this tool of musical exploration to be more of a museum for a few selected tracks a small minority deem good enough basically.

Edited by Nightmare Lyre

Can I ask if you have figured out who will be in this judge panel?

Pony Remix Spotlight will tie into that. The idea is that I'll be looking for judges who meet a strict criteria for that blog, and after running PRS for a while with those judges, this will create a pool of capable judges that Feld0 can choose from once the Hall of Fame opens.