Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Deceptive duality RP

Starstream

'I hope this craziness is over soon...even I can't handle it...' Nuclear mused as she scrounged inside the abandoned houses.

The burlap sack she had tied to her back was about half full with food and the other half filled with what Nuclear knew could be flammable. You didn't know if something needed to be exploded,

Before Nuclear left the house she was in, she grabbed a cooking pot that looked relatively clean and put it on her head.

'Easy headgear and cooking appliance!" She smiled at her own corny humor as she left the house and went back to where everypony was.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dark gathered what small things he could find laying around. Things were bad and as far as he could tell things could only get worse. 

"So were are going back to my home. I wondered what they will find. The forest was already a dangerous place to be, but now with all that is going on, they will find that place only more difficult then before" He said to himself as he ran his hoof through his mane.

"I could have made this a lot easier on myself If only I had stayed in the forest" His bag was still somewhat empty, but then again Dark didn't need much to live on. 

He headed back to where the group was suppose to meet back up at.

Soulfire was flying back to the meet-up spot. He had looted abandoned houses until he had a substantial amount of food as well as some other supplies, some of which looked pretty useful. After searching through the burnt-out library, he had found some things that had decidedly magical properties. He was keeping these hidden until he needed them.

As he headed back, Soulfire noticed most of the other ponies had already gotten supplies and looked ready to go. He started to yell out to them, but then changed his mind. No need to attract attention to their little group.

"You all took your sweet time." Kingfisher declared. "Can we please move on before some of these poor fools decide to try and rob me again?"

The gray mare looked ridiculous. The other Unicorn still seemed like a liability. The others seemed to have at least some wits remaining but she was quickly losing faith in her group.

"I'm ready to move on." replied Nuclear, adjusting the cooking pot on her head.

Nuclear smiled to herself.

She was attempting to keep herself somewhat happy considering the circumstances.

Yes, the cooking pot looked ridiculous, but it made her happy.

Star nodded in confirmation. "Fisher's got the right idea. We're wasting time by standing here and chatting. If we're all done here we shouldn't stick around. We're leaving now." With those words and without waiting for a response Starstream took the lead and headed straight for the Everfree forest.

Without hesitation she followed the path into the dark forest. Any other day she would have been shared, but today she just couldn't be bothered. She looked around. For as far as she could tell the forest was normal... or at least, as normal as it usually is. after walking for a while a thought hit her. She turned to the others and asked, "hey, should we continue following the road or should we break off from the path?"

Dark shook his head.

"We will have to leave the main road to get to the deeper parts of the forest anyways. most of the main roads usually take the shortest route around the forest" 

"I would say let me take the lead from here, but I rather see who you lead us" The gray mare had a pot on her head. Dark could only sigh at her. The forest see almost darker then before. Dark could only smile as the forest seemed to be expanding. He could feel things moving in the shadows of the forest.

"Move Carefully my liege"

Nuclear hummed to herself, trembling slightly.

The forest was creeping her out, so humming was something to keep her attention from the eerie noises.

"Um...I say we listen to Dark...he knows more about the forest than we do..." she remarked.

She wasn't very fond of Dark but if he knew about the forest it was best to listen for the moment.

Soulfire nodded in agreement with Nuclear's suggestion. If there was anybody who new the Everfree forest, it was Dark. He fit right In with their dark surroundings. Soulfire chuckled quietly to himself at his own lame wit.

"I agree with Nuclear," he said. "If anyone is going to lead us around this place, it should be the one that knows it best." He gestured to the front of the path and said to Dark, "Mares first," with a grin.

"Makes no difference to me." Kingfisher said, shrugging as she motioned ahead: she knew enough from Red's stories that the forest was dangerous enough without underestimation it. Her companions didn't quite seem to understand this.

'We're all going to die.' She added mentally. 'Except me, maybe.'

Dark shook his head.

"Trust me you don't want me as leader. When I'm leader ponies tend to get lost, hurt, and I usually end up somewhere with my head in the ground or worse"

"Very well then" Dark moved pasted Soulfire.

"First thing first we need to get off the path and start walking into the forest. I'll see if I can pick up on some of the magic in the forest so I know where to go." Dark looked around and saw something he would nee to remember later about. His eyes grew a light red for a second and faded back to a strong pink color.

@@Fluttering High,

"Cowards are always the second to follow" He said smiling, before heading deeper into the forest. I wouldn't be surprised if that Timberwolf attacked me earlier came back for round two.

Edited by Snowy Storm

As Dark guided the ponies deeper into the forest he noticed the clouds above them grew darker the deeper they went. The howls of the timberwolves in the area echoed with pain. He could feel they were getting the right way, but things were not to his liking. 

"Well we are getting close to the center" Dark shook his head. 

"Truth be told. Even I avoid these parts of the wood" Just as Dark turned to face the group, a Timberwolf come out of the woods and slammed dark against a tree. Dark was rendered unconscious. Unlike other timberwolves this one was larger then normal and seemed to be made of black, warped wood.

Edited by Snowy Storm

"Well done, foal. Leave this to the professional." Kingfisher muttered as she stormed forward, showing little more than mild annoyance towards the wolf as she brought the cutlass down cleanly across its back.

The blade sunk a few inches and stuck.

"Oh." She said in a deadpan tone before the wolf tore away from her, the blade still firmly wedged in its back. "Hey, that's mine!"

Dark was still unconscious. The Timberwolf removed its focus from Dark to Kingfisher. The sword was still in its back. 

It growled as it began to circle around Kingfisher, looking for an opening to attack. Letting out a howl, it jump to the side and made a charge towards Kingfisher. Its mouth wide open to bite Kingfisher.

Hurling herself sideways, the brigand grunted at the impact as she hit the ground.

"Stop doing that!" She muttered loudly as she found her hooves again and glared at the wolf. Attacking it head on hadn't worked - there was only one logical solution:

'Run!'

Attack more.

She kicked up a cloud of dirt towards the wolfs face and tried to jump atop it to retrieve her weapon.

With dirt kicked in to its eyes the timberwolf growled as it was blinded and began to lash out with it claws trying to hit Kingfisher. It was attacking wildly now with no regard of its surrounding. It was so focused on attacking that it didn't notice Kingfisher on its back.

Dark opened his eyes and just remained on the ground trying to regain his senses and moving slowly.

The blade broke free as she heaved at it, but the momentum caused it to slip from her grasp and fly through the air before landing uselessly on the ground.

"By the sisters, give me a break!" She shouted, struggling to maintain balance herself as she started to kick at the wolfs head, splintering its neck but still causing no debilitating damage.

"If anypony else fancies stepping in, that would be great. Right now would be fine." She shouted just before losing her balance and tumbling to the ground herself with all the grace of a rock.

Soulfire was surprised by the sudden appearence of the Timberwolf. He had been flying just a meter above the ground, but with the beast jumping out of the woods, he had stopped flapping for a second and almost fell out of the air. "Woah!", he yelled. After watching Kingfisher jump to fight the monster, he had just stood there, watching. The stench of the Timberwolf's breath was overpowering, and seemed to put everyone who was not already in action into a stupor. 

But Kingfisher's words jolted him out of it. He yelled to her as she fell down, "I'm on it!". He reached into his bag, and pulled out a glass orb with a flickering flame in it. He had found a box of these orbs in the burnt library, all with different things inside of them - a small flame,  a bit of clear water, some dirt - but he had only discovered what they did when he dropped one containing a live bee. It had smashed, and the single bee had turned into hundreds. He had flown out of the wreckage, and waited for them to disperse before going back in to collect the rest of the orbs.

He yelled, "Everyone GET DOWN!" and then tossed the orb as hard as he could straight at the Timberwolf while its attention was focused on Kingfisher. The glass ball flew through the air, and came down right on the Wolf's body. It exploded into a huge fireball, partially consuming the wooden beast. The dying monster yelped as it fell over, burning. Soulfire flew over, fanning the flames until the Timberwolf was completely consumed.

"Shouting 'get down' is kind of useless when I'm under the thing..." Kingfisher muttered, shaking out the small flame that had caught on her mane as she wandered over to collect her cutlass.

She stalled, the next line being difficult to say.

"... Thanks."

It was a stupid thing to say: appreciating what someone did was the first step towards dependency: towards weakness. She shook her head to clear any further foolish thoughts from it.

The Timberwolf startled Nuclear, which in response she created an explosion. "Oh, Crossroads!" she swore,

She frowned at herself, feeling a bit useless as she had been one of the last to react to the Timberwolf attack.

'Sorry...' she thought, picking up her cooking pot-hat and putting it back on her head,

Dark slowly recovered from being slammed into a tree. The Timberwolf was taken care of, but its dark and twisted look made Dark know they were close. For the first time he felt somewhat angry with himself the first time since a long time. for a moment his eyes were purple.

"I was so careless. Just like that other time" Dark said in a hushed tone to himself. He shook his mane and started towards the group. His eyes were back to there pink color.

"Well it seems that we are close" Dark wondered if he should tell them. Then again he didn't know much about either. "Once we are through those tree and bushes, there should be a large clearing and old building. I think what ever is going on. It lies in there" Dark looked up and saw the cloud forming as if to rain. 

"From this point on, I have little more knowledge about this place then yourselves. I suggest somepony take over now, I did my part and led you to the heart of this mess"

Dark move ahead of group and disappeared into the thicket in front of the group, vanishing into the darkness of the forest.

Kingfisher rolled her eyes.

"Great. Just lead us into the eye o' the the storm why don't you?" She said under her breath and looked around at the others.

"Anypony else want to lead? Anyone at all?" She asked, desperate not to have any kind of responsibility thrust upon her: that would be the absolute worst scenario for all of them.

"Ah....um...." Nuclear raised her hoof, her trembling visible. "Maybe I could...?"

'Yeah, and you'll just kill everyone in the process....'

She tried to put on a brave smile on her face as she adjusted the cooking pot on her head,

"Eheheheh..." Nuclear laughed nervously, hoping nopony had heard her.

Edited by Nuclear Neur☢tic

@Nuclear Neur☢tic

Kingfisher looked incredulously at the possibly mad pony for a minutes or so...

"... Good enough." She shrugged. "Ponies die if I'm in charge."

Even if nopony else better qualified stepped forward, the crazy one was clearly a better choice than her: at least there was a chance of them surviving that way.

(OOC: It seems that The Gm has left. If you wish I can take over from here. I have an idea on how to go on and finish. that would mean I would take over though)

Dark was walking through the dark alleys of the old city. Once this place had housed the elements of harmony, but now it housed a new item. One that Was causing all this trouble. 

Dark frowned.

"Where are those ponies?" He said to himself. His eyes suddenly grew a bright red. "Ever story needs a villain. I guess this is my story now" He said smiling to himself.