Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Count to a million

DubWolf

CTAM after 1 million  

179 users have voted

1. 1. What should happen after 1 million is reached?

• Start over at 1
    • Keep counting to infinity (count to the next million(s))
    • Count back down to 1 (then back up)
    • Other (pm or mention if you'd like)

I may still be annoyed with myself when this resolves but nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Yesterday I finally sat down to order a playmat for MTG, I'd seen it a while ago and simply hadn't gotten around to it.

Melissa did the artwork for the card Nightmare.

119.jpg?1525124243

And a while back she created an alternate version

Spoiler

IMG_20180929_103238_zpskewmpikj.jpg?w=48

I want that artworkย :wau:

The page had been open in my browser for agrees, I go to it, click refresh.ย 

The one I want has disappeared and at the top of the screen it reads "that one has sold out"

Nuuuuuuuuuuuu!

"Arse, buggery and bollocks, you stupid lazy arse, you should have acted sooner. Oh well your fault alone in cocking that up Dawn" :/

I was now having a look to see if any other traders or eBay had one and ended up going back through Melissa's website.

The thumbnail has reappeared :o

("sold out text" remains)

so I clicked on "add to basket", it accepted it, I followed the checkout process, it accepted the order.

Fingers crossed this comes off and I get an awesome playmat, at worst I get my money back ('cos the website is borked).

Funny how things work out.

Caps finds the image and when I load it in my browser, it loads slooowly and reminds me of pictures loading in dial up days. I think "dayum, that's a big pic":mlp_yeehaa:

ย 

When I ordered the original Nightmare playmat yesterday in the comments box I wrote "Really annoyed with myself for missing the Alternate version, shame to have missed out" as an almost throwaway comment.

Since I placed the second order for a hopefully legit Alternate Nightmare this morning, new information has come to light.

Unbeknownst to me I received an email yesterday afternoon provoked by that throwaway comment

"Hey Dawn,

Actually, I have 4 of the alternative Nightmares left.

My suppliers supplier is out.ย 

I took the option for Nightmare down while we figured out how many we each have.

Melissa"

Woot, it's legit

:mlp_yeehaa:

Another handy thing with burning fuel is that the a/c gradually gets lighter, requiring less power to keep it going.

Batteries stay the same weight :/

They didn't mention (consider) structural batteries or lifting body designs. Although if you can make a cruise optimised wing and can get extra airflow over the wings at takeoff and landing you'd save weight on slats/flaps.

...use regenerative braking to get some power back, but I don't fancy landing every few miles to use that :derp:

I'm sure we'll get there, just not sure how at the moment.

(I also like the safe and responsible footage they use of the light a/c over (on?) the lake :D )

Wonder if there's any worth to revisit...

ย 

+50% cargo -50% fuel burn vs comparable sized cargo aircraft.

Good for transoceanic, as long as you don't meet a boat or big waves.

ย