Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Drum/Piano/vocal cover of A True True Friend!

Bugplayer

Hi there everyone!

I guess that's the right place to post it, since it's music :P

So yeah, after practically a month of practice... 

I'm proud to show you my cover of A True True Friend!

Which is for a contest from WeimTime on Youtube,

He's well known for his sintesia video of the brony fandom.

A MONTH?!?

Well yes, the piano that is. i'm not much of a Pianist, and learning every single chords and get them right takes alot of practice. Then the drums and vocals where recorded from scratch within 3 days. 

Also, I was supposed to post it a couple days ago, but well, I had some derpyculties. Haha!

So, enough chit-chat, time is candy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRn5gd92BIc

• Brohoof 3

Wow, this is really good! :D

I guess I'll go and put what I think of it in more detail.

First off: the drums. You did a fantastic job with this part, and the fact that it was made from scratch is amazing. Great job here.

The piano was really good too, and I understand what you mean when you say it's hard to learn; I have a lot of trouble with piano too. But it looks like you ending up mastering that part, and it sounds wonderful.

As for the vocals; eh, it was a bit hard to hear over the rest. In the future, try making the vocals a bit louder so we can hear you better. You sounded good from what I could hear, but it was still hard to hear.

• Brohoof 2

That's some kick-ass drumming, dude!

It's a nice sounding kit too, I would ask what brand it was, but no matter what the answer is, I'd still have to sell all of my possessions to get the amount of money I'd need to afford it :P

As for the rest, the piano's really well done, and the vocals are a little bit quiet, but from what I can hear, you're on pitch which is always a good sign.

Good stuff, man! Keep it up

• Brohoof 1

This was really good! Loved the percussion, and the piano was amazing as well! As I see you've been told many times, the mic needs to be louder, but I'm gonna skip over that part 'cause I think you're probably tired of hearing it. ^_^ Seriously though, the instruments were really well played, and the syncing was masterfully done. Great job!!!

• Brohoof 1

Well.... it was  ALLSOME  you put drum in some good use. And the Piano play was great work on it but the vocal was, you know and lost of people all ready tell you.

Be side that Great work and see you in the Forums and You Tube. Fox OUT B)

• Brohoof 1

Wow, this is really good! :D

I guess I'll go and put what I think of it in more detail.

First off: the drums. You did a fantastic job with this part, and the fact that it was made from scratch is amazing. Great job here.

The piano was really good too, and I understand what you mean when you say it's hard to learn; I have a lot of trouble with piano too. But it looks like you ending up mastering that part, and it sounds wonderful.

As for the vocals; eh, it was a bit hard to hear over the rest. In the future, try making the vocals a bit louder so we can hear you better. You sounded good from what I could hear, but it was still hard to hear.

Happy to hear your feed back!

No seriously, the piano was something. 0.0

If it wasn't of DrSentenial's tutorial of youtube, I think things would have been WAY more complicated :P

Anyways, totally agree with the vocal's situation. But sadly it's a little to late for that hehe.

It's a nice sounding kit too, I would ask what brand it was, but no matter what the answer is, I'd still have to sell all of my possessions to get the amount of money I'd need to afford it :P

As for the rest, the piano's really well done, and the vocals are a little bit quiet, but from what I can hear, you're on pitch which is always a good sign.

Kick-ass drums are best drums! :D

And yes, the kit was pretty expensive. I got one of the cheapest available, which I bought a year ago. 

900 bits straight out of my pocket!

And thx! I shall keep it up! 

This was really good! Loved the percussion, and the piano was amazing as well! As I see you've been told many times, the mic needs to be louder, but I'm gonna skip over that part 'cause I think you're probably tired of hearing it. ^_^ Seriously though, the instruments were really well played, and the syncing was masterfully done. Great job!!!

If you know the number of time I was told about it XD

Yeah, it definitively needs to be louder. At the first place I tried to drown my voice under the drum/piano to sounds more like in harmony with the other characters, but setting it up as a main instrument as well would have been a better choice. 

But yeah, you learn from your mistakes!

Well.... it was  ALLSOME  you put drum in some good use. And the Piano play was great work on it but the vocal was, you know and lost of people all ready tell you.

Be side that Great work and see you in the Forums and You Tube. Fox OUT B)

Great! I'm glad you like it :)

See you around! 

• Brohoof 1

Also, I'm sorry I forgot. :P

I told you the price but now the brand. It's an Alesis, model Dm8, but it doesn't come with a double bass. I took it from my acoustic drum set ^.^