Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A sea of "not that bad."

FNGRpony

The phrase "Not that bad" seems to be a re occurring theme more, and more in the mlp fandumb.

season 3 not being that bad,

Sombre being not that bad

discords conversion being not that bad

Equitra girls being "not that bad."  I'm really hopping for something bad ass LOL.

Ah but what would be bad ass?

One of the CC goes off on diamond tiara.  I think this would be small but very satisfying seeing scootaloo, sweetbell, or apple bloom rip her and or silver spoons verbally to shreds.  How might you ask?
I know a certain minator that could teach those kids to be more assertive ^^.  (And just like that iron will is back in!)

Discord un able to create chaos while everyone is watching him, takes an apprentice to do it for him.  Again the oc don't have alot friends, and have shown a huge amount of willingness to do just about anything to get a cutie mark.  I mean they did let him out in the first place.

Using a family member of one of the main characters a re occuring antognist.  Now apple jack having a super large family, would be the easiest, and yes they kinda already did this in one bad apple and (i think over the barrel where planting the orcherd created a huge problem)

but that's just it, it seems where ever the apple family goes trouble fallows ^^.  and that's from an easy going family.

Imagine some cousins from pinkie's family.

snips and snails....... I got nothing (LOL).  No wait snips and snails fallow their new calling as back ground ponies for ever and ever ^^.

Edited by FNGRpony

It is a pretty reoccurring trend of saying ''not that bad'' because, they feel that it isn't that big of a deal while others just decide that they are not okay with it for a lot of reasons.

It is a pretty reoccurring trend of saying ''not that bad'' because, they feel that it isn't that big of a deal while others just decide that they are not okay with it for a lot of reasons.

you have to keep in mind when ever your saying "it's not that bad"

you just conceded what ever it was, was half shit.

Knowing that I've been alot more careful handing out "not that bads."

For example when someone harshly critics the new superman you might feel bullied into say "it wasn't that bad."

Oh no... no, no, no.   Just plain no.  It was awesome.

I can confidently say equistra girls "wasn't that bad."

as terrible episodes go it was pretty darn good,

if you ignore the budget likely being higher than a episode, the run time being longer, the over all ability to make something better wasted.

It kinda reminds me of the Hitalia movie where instead of doing 5 mins they had to grind out a whole movie, and at times it feels

well like a giant miss cause there not able to handle having more time to play with.

For example when someone harshly critics the new superman you might feel bullied into say "it wasn't that bad."

if you ignore the budget likely being higher than a episode, the run time being longer, the over all ability to make something better wasted.

It kinda reminds me of the Hitalia movie where instead of doing 5 mins they had to grind out a whole movie, and at times it feels

well like a giant miss cause there not able to handle having more time to play with.

Let's just say that ''not that bad'' means average, not good or bad at all.. just an okay episode in a show or anything in media. But your right about the run time being longer at times, where they just add filler to kill time.

• Brohoof 1

I think Season 3 was the second best season, right behind Season 2, but that's beside the point. Personally, I also enjoyed EQG and I thought it was great. tongue.png   But seeing one of the CMC tell off Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon would be nice to see.

There are so many possibilities for the show to tackle and I hope to see something like the CMC telling off DT and SS in Season 4.

"Not That Bad" is directly in the middle of "Good" and "Bad", so average. Most things tend to be average/not that bad and it's definitely a lot better than saying something sucks, that's for sure.  happy.png

Season 4 looks amazing, and I REALLY hope it lives up to its hype. Then we can get some great episodes instead of not that bad.

Edited by WheatleyCore
  • Brohoof 1

Well I suppose it is because out community has too high hopes for the show in general. We fell in love with a show and was taught to love it, even those things in it that wasn't very good. After a while, that "love" fades away a little and we are most relying our thoughts about it on what's awesome/not awesome in the show.

If someone says "not that bad" I would guess it is because it's pretty good, but they were hoping for something better.

I have to ask, your ideas here, is it something you think should have happened in previous episodes to make them better, or are they something you want in season 4?

To be honest, the only idea I like is the third one, but, S4 spoiler

Edited by Jokuc

When I say something is "not that bad" I mean it literally wasn't all bad. Usually people say that when others think the thing was completely terrible. For instance:

One Guy: "Oh that movie was SOOO BAD!"

Other Guy: "Nah it wasn't that bad."

When someone says that they either mean they love it, but just don't want to go completely against the other persons opinion for fear of them getting angry (but eventually do say you love it) or they say it because they actually do think it was average.

Edited by AnonBrony

Opinions are opinions for a reason. What you think is terrible might be fantastic to someone else, what you think is bad can be 'not so bad' to someone else. Personally, I think season 3 was fantastic for different reasons. I also really enjoyed Equestria Girls. Discord's reformation was very sudden within the episode but that was the best thing they could have done with the character and now there are a lot more options. Sombra, I will admit he was a missed opportunity, but I am sure he will return eventually.Still, I loved the atmosphere surrounding the character.

As for your um, wishlist, I also only really agree with the 3rd one overall but only slightly. It depends on who it is for me.

• Brohoof 1