Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Elements of Nature

Linguz

Are you still interested?  

13 users have voted

1. 1. Are you still interested in this RP?

• Yes
    • No
    • I was until we left the base.

Dusty's smile faltered a bit. He knew that he couldn't anticipate what sort of traps or foul schemes that laid in wait for them up ahead. He said as much to Legacy. "Which is exactly why I think we need to find a place to rest pronto. If you think it's cold now, wait until night falls." He paused again to once again strike the groud with his staff. Noting the feeling as it hit the dirt beneath the snow, he adjusted his course slightly. "This path we're on was created by a decently sized company of soldiers fairly recently. If you're going to march that many troops, you're going to need places where they can rest in shelter from the elements. We ought to find one of those places if we just keep following this trail."

Raek's tail lashed into the snow and threw up a wave of snow to get in the way of the snowballs.

"Loosen up? One of us needs to be serious or we won't go anywhere."

Legacy rose an eyebrow to Dusty and followed him.

"You always surprise me how good you are even without magic."

(I'm guessing he dropped the snow slightly ahead of Raek's current position.)

Raek stopped and took a step back and the snow fell in clumps in front of him.

"You'll have to do better than that. Of course you're not being serious. You're trying to score with Psycho."

(oh wow, missed a lot, sorry, spent most of the day at the doctor.)

"shit" Camile mumbled to himself "it's really damn cold" it felt surprisingly colder than even the training grounds had. He rummaged through his bag for something, anything to keep him warmer, he pulled out his mystical woolen wrap that stapes aroun his entire head except for his eye slots, it's ability to change color whenever he himself did had helped him out in the past, but that had only been in sandstorms and mild cold, this chill seemed unfathomable.

(Linguz, the species I've been using, may I assume it's cold blooded?)

Dusty smiled at the compliment from Legacy. "Back at the Monestary, they told me that I always did have a gift for determination. Without magic, I worked for everything I had. Oh that's right, I never told you about the Monestary, did I?"

(I'm adding you to Garth's group since he still only has 2. No more can come in the mission though.)

(Yep, they're reptilians. If you have any questions, PLEASE pm me them. I'd rather not have to call you out here.)

Garth looked at Camile.

"We told you it's cold, but I guess being cold blooded does that."

Their group was under a cliff, walking along it's base towards what they knew to be the north.

Raek grinned.

"You gave up Psycho. It's a miracle. And sure Daisy. We can go along with that."

Legacy chuckled.

"No, but you've thought it. Go ahead and tell me if you desire."

"Let me give you an example of what my psyche is like. Suppose it's a hill. Psycho and I are trying to be the king of the hill. When he's out and about, he would be in the hill, I would be out, and vice versa. Depending on how far out the other pony is, is how much the pony in the hill would have to struggle to keep control. He just so far away that I would have no choice but to control the body. I don't know if or when he will come back, but man does it feel good to not have to struggle!"

"I suppose I'll tell it again, for Ocean's sake." He pulled out the broken sword from his bag, admiring its sheen. "When I was just a colt, my parents were some of the most renowned ponies in all of Equestria. So renowned, in fact, that they attracted a slew of enemies. One day, an assassin was sent to murder them. I was young, very young. I watched my parents fall before my eyes. I was so enraged that I took the assassin's sword and slew him with it, breaking it in the process. This very sword. I was horrified at what I had done. I couldn't take the emotional weight of my actions. Fortunately, I was taken in by my uncle, who was the leader of a place called "The Monestary." it was there where I learned to track, to fight, to survive. It was there where I made my solemn pledge to never kill another pony as long as I lived, nor would I stand to see one of my friends killed. To this day, I have followed that vow...." Dusty lost himself in the blade, tears welling up in the corners of his eyes.

Raek chuckled.

"But you've gotta do the walking in the snow now. Anyway, I prefer you. You're not as immature as your counterpart."

Legacy closed her eyes for a moment.

"You know you might have to kill during these quests, right?"

"Daisy, even though he was controlling the body, it doesn't mean that I wasn't aware of his actions and surroundings. Nice try, but you don't particularly interest me. Sorry. Oh, and thank you Raek.."

Edited by Derp2daherp

(k)

"yea, that is definitely an issue" He managed to get the words out clearly through his chattering teeth. "I was raised by a family of noble merchant earth ponies, and even after our caravan was slaughtered and I became a spy for hire I had never faced weather like this."

Dusty looked at her with an absolutely rigid expression. "Why do you think I've trained for so long? I've trained to learn exactly how to avoid killing at all costs. Why do you think I use the staff, as opposed a sharper, more deadly weapon? Because I can control it. It is not for me to decide when a pony must be taken from this world. I will always believe that."

( I am going to have to take a shower soon, this character makes me feel dirty >< And wait, if you were interested, why was he in the library back at camp. You are using your logic, not your chars <3)

Daisy raised an eyebrow.

*I prefer his other self...*