Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

books Another (Manga)(Anime)

Kyokii_

I JUST FINISHED READING THE MANGA OF MY FAVOURITE ANIME EVER AND...

[WARNING: SPOILERS]
The anime did some different things than the manga.
Like, that one guy with heart problems (I forgot his name) and when/where he died was different.
Akazawa wasn't the one who shook Koichi's hand at the hospital/didn't recognize him from a long time ago like the anime.
Mei's 'doll eye' is blue, unlike the anime where it's green.
They didn't go to the beach on that trip.

Everybody didn't go crazy and kill a bunch of people like the anime.
In the manga they just died from the fire and Koichi and Mei was outside the whole time.
Akazawa didn't die. She did attempt to kill Mei and stabbed her glass eye because she thought she was the dead one. But, she just cried because of her brother dying (Which is different too, I'll explain later)
Teshigawara did push Tomochiko off of the drop off but, Tomochiko did not just walk back in and murder, Koichi and Teshigawara walked out and helped him back. While Mei was attacked by Akazawa.
Akazawa  ended up being a little bit injured at the end from the fire and had to cut her hair because the ends were burned off by the fire.
And finally Akazawa's brother.
In the anime, he died because a large truck got backed into their house and he got hit while he was in his room o nthe computer. He died then.
In the manga, he hung himself in his room and Akazawa found him because she kept hearing noises from his room and was worried.
Akazawa ended up crying and saying "I don't want to die!"
There were a little bit more differences, I just can't think of all of them.

And my opinions because, why not;

I really liked the manga because, the drawing style was more serious(?)/realistic than the anime.
The manga also had better... things happen.
Sometimes the anime seemed like they just wanted to add a bunch of blood/murder/death into each episode, compared to the manga.
The anime had those extra episodes about Mei and her twin sister, which was really good. I liked that they did that, the anime had more about Mei.
I did really like the anime but, of course, the manga is a bit better.
Just like books and movies.
The book is better than the movie.
I am aware that the anime is more popular than the manga.
I really liked them both and, I'm in the process of re-watching the anime (It's taking me a while because I can only take so much blood and murder in a day XD)
But, in my opinion, the manga was just a bit better. It had more about the previous years and the whole curse thing going on.
And the anime took a lot more liberties than they should have with the character development and murder.

This is a bit longer than I wanted it to be XD
Oh well.. I guess
  • Brohoof 1