Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Anime or Manga fans?

reject pegasus

(edited)
29 minutes ago, Antiyonder said:

Oh I was talking about Little Witch Academia.  Despite Academia in the title, it has no association with MHA.

But I don't know.  I think TOH did well with the content.

I don't like cartoons with too explicit representation. I don't watch cartoons for politics. I'm not really a fan of the characters at all.

Edited by reject pegasus
  • Brohoof 1

Do like some anime, love some anime girls. My favourite anime are Gurren Lagann and favourite anime character are Chi (cat), Black Rock Shooter, Kurumi Ebisuzawa, Akame, Saitama, Suzuha Amane, Karen Araragi, Ouka Yuuouji, Sailor Saturn, Rebecca (Cyberpunk Edgerunner), Chisato Nishikigi, Takina Inoue & Kurumi (Lycoris Recoil). 

2 hours ago, BritishBrony2012 said:

Do like some anime, love some anime girls. My favourite anime are Gurren Lagann and favourite anime character are Chi (cat), Black Rock Shooter, Kurumi Ebisuzawa, Akame, Saitama, Suzuha Amane, Karen Araragi, Ouka Yuuouji, Sailor Saturn, Rebecca (Cyberpunk Edgerunner), Chisato Nishikigi, Takina Inoue & Kurumi (Lycoris Recoil). 

Emilia or Ram (Re:Zero)

Mai Sakurajima (Rascal Does Not Dream)

Raiden Shogun or Lisa (Genshin Impact) 

Do I like anime/manga?  :griiin:

Just look at my avi and sig!   (Anime/Manga takes up 1/4 of my life every week)

• Brohoof 1

15 hours ago, BritishBrony2012 said:

Are asking me question?

That's me listing favs.

12 hours ago, Tao said:

Do I like anime/manga?  :griiin:

Just look at my avi and sig!   (Anime/Manga takes up 1/4 of my life every week)

I would say same or 2/4 because I usually talk about it during free time. 

• Brohoof 1

I'm a pretty big fan of anime. I got back into it early last year, after about a decade. Some of my personal favourites are Black Lagoon, Higurashi: When They Cry and Azumanga Daioh. :)

I like manga as well, but I don't read it that much. Would definitely like to put more time into it.

13 hours ago, reject pegasus said:

That's me listing favs.

I would say same or 2/4 because I usually talk about it during free time. 

Trust me, me not talking on anime is not have :coolandhip: but i got books and news and etc

12 hours ago, Cash In said:

I'm a pretty big fan of anime. I got back into it early last year, after about a decade. Some of my personal favourites are Black Lagoon, Higurashi: When They Cry and Azumanga Daioh. :)

I like manga as well, but I don't read it that much. Would definitely like to put more time into it.

That's cool. I've been watching lots of anime recently. :3

8 hours ago, Tao said:

Trust me, me not talking on anime is not have :coolandhip: but i got books and news and etc

Does that mean you know a lot?

• Brohoof 1

But yeah, besides more of the older Beyblade binging, working on first time views of Dragon Quest: The Adventure of Dai, more cause I'm a Dragon Quest fan and had been since the first game was distributed by Nintendo Power.

Back then it was localized as Dragon Warrior and had a short-lived anime dub of Dragon Quest Abel Yuusha as also just Dragon Warrior.

Has some occasional shared VAs with Friendship is Magic such as Brian Drummond (Mr. Cake and the original dub voice of DBZ's Vegeta*).

*Yes, the guy who gave us "It's over 9,000!".

18 hours ago, Antiyonder said:

But yeah, besides more of the older Beyblade binging, working on first time views of Dragon Quest: The Adventure of Dai, more cause I'm a Dragon Quest fan and had been since the first game was distributed by Nintendo Power.

Back then it was localized as Dragon Warrior and had a short-lived anime dub of Dragon Quest Abel Yuusha as also just Dragon Warrior.

Has some occasional shared VAs with Friendship is Magic such as Brian Drummond (Mr. Cake and the original dub voice of DBZ's Vegeta*).

*Yes, the guy who gave us "It's over 9,000!".

Cool. I know of Dragon Ball and it's memes.

I love anime and manga. My favorite anime movie is Your Name, followed by Spirited Away and pretty much everything Hayao Miyazaki has done. As for series, I love Gun Gale Online and Girls und Panzer just to name a couple. Girls und Panzer also has a nice manga series as well, although it’s just a retelling of the series without much additional material. Your Name, which is, in my opinion, the greatest anime EVER created (even over Miyazaki’s masterpieces) has an alternate telling called Your Name: Another Side: Earthbound, which fills in the blanks of what’s going on just off screen during the movie. It’s also extremely compelling and comes in a novel and manga form. I strongly recommend both.

• Excited 1

Posted a pick of them in another thread, but Clannad and Clannad After Story are especially high on my favorites list.  And yeah I do like how After Story ended.

One I really need to rewatch and is on Peacock is Samurai Pizza Cats.  This show was sent over back in the day without a translation for the dubbers and the end result is basically what was done for Ghost Stories in some heavy and fun humor.  Show being dubbed by Saban lead to it showing in some of the live action stuff.

Like say Masked Rider or the original version of the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers pilot.

Also never actually saw it yet, but an anime property called Genie Family (Has a recent 2020 version which you can see on TubiTV) was once dub in the US as Bob in the Bottle.

Well I never saw it proper, but the opening theme appears in the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers episode A Bad Reflection on You as Bulk & Skull are watching it on TV while in detention.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
On 2023-08-11 at 1:16 AM, Dreambiscuit said:

I love anime and manga. My favorite anime movie is Your Name, followed by Spirited Away and pretty much everything Hayao Miyazaki has done. As for series, I love Gun Gale Online and Girls und Panzer just to name a couple. Girls und Panzer also has a nice manga series as well, although it’s just a retelling of the series without much additional material. Your Name, which is, in my opinion, the greatest anime EVER created (even over Miyazaki’s masterpieces) has an alternate telling called Your Name: Another Side: Earthbound, which fills in the blanks of what’s going on just off screen during the movie. It’s also extremely compelling and comes in a novel and manga form. I strongly recommend both.

Sounds okay. Doesn't sound super interesting. I read some reviews, sounds like a anime plot I've seen multiple times. Sounds pretty boring. Personally I think Re:Zero is the greatest anime ever. Laputa is the best anime movie ever.

Edited by reject pegasus

• 2 weeks later...
On 2023-08-22 at 7:30 PM, Antiyonder said:

Someone shared this with me.  An official commercial from Japan for McDonald's:

Awww.

Are there any anime enthusiasts out there? There's an anime I saw years ago I don't remember the name of.

4 hours ago, reject pegasus said:

Awww.

Are there any anime enthusiasts out there? There's an anime I saw years ago I don't remember the name of.

Teachers in canada are treated like engineers and doctors. While the res of the world treat them low.

Mean while in japan....

Mc donald employees gets a collage degree. XD

I like them both but I’m kinda growing out of manga even though I have a litteraly have a library. I still love anime but I’m not up to date with any other than my hero academia. Im planing on watching the bleach thing. The most recent one on Hulu I believe. I’ll slowly finish them and move on to another series. Slowly :derp:

I got hooked on anime several years ago. My favorite at the moment is Re:Zero, followed by Nichijou and Hunter x Hunter. My taste in anime is pretty broad so I don't really prefer any specific genre. At this point I watch more anime than live action TV or western animation.

On 2023-08-06 at 6:53 PM, Cash In said:

Azumanga Daioh deserves more love!

osaka-azumanga-daioh.gif

• Brohoof 1

On 2023-09-04 at 4:04 AM, Prospekt said:

I got hooked on anime several years ago. My favorite at the moment is Re:Zero, followed by Nichijou and Hunter x Hunter. My taste in anime is pretty broad so I don't really prefer any specific genre. At this point I watch more anime than live action TV or western animation.

osaka-azumanga-daioh.gif

Cute gif! I also like Re:Zero! I also watch lots of anime mostly!

• Brohoof 1

On 2023-09-04 at 6:04 PM, Prospekt said:

osaka-azumanga-daioh.gif

azumanga-azumanga-daioh.gif.d524d4b6332527dbd8ec26fc1fe92bfe.gif

Osaka is the most relatable character by far. :p

Nichijou is also a really good one. :)

• Brohoof 1