Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Filly Scouts?

sampsoninc916

There are boy scouts and girl scouts in the real world, cub scouts from The Berenstein Bears, the My Little Pony universe should try Filly Scouts, with our beloved Cutie Mark Crusaders in tow. Not only should they sell cookies like girl scouts would do in the real world, but also do some of the things that would usually be done by boy scouts, such as first aid, pitch tents, handling nature like a boss, and being very brave. What do you guys think? Is this a good idea for the show?

• Brohoof 1

I think I did see a filly scout in Just for Sidekicks, where Zecora donated a gem to a Filly Scout Organization. I think it's a good idea for the show, maybe they could have them interact with the Cutie Mark Crusaders to help them get their cutie marks.

full.png

This is one of the filly scouts that I saw.

• Brohoof 2

I think I did see a filly scout in Just for Sidekicks, where Zecora donated a gem to a Filly Scout Organization. I think it's a good idea for the show, maybe they could have them interact with the Cutie Mark Crusaders to help them get their cutie marks.

I think an episode with the CMC involving the Filly Scouts would be pretty interesting. And it could go a couple of ways - it could be about them joining the group or maybe finding some way to compete against them maybe...? Or they could just help them out with finding their cutie marks...

• Brohoof 1

That would be a good idea. Morals of the episode could be about team work, committing to something, doing something for the right reasons and not just for some short term benefits (like a badge). Maybe shoe in some old school scout values like duty, respect, selfless service and integrity. Even have the episode sponsored by the girl scouts. 

Might not even need to be about the CMC. It could be about the mane 6 being asked to fill in as a troop leader and ultimately not doing well, by not being prepared for the responsibility, boring the fillies or teaching them the wrong things, all the while focusing on themselves and loosing sight of what it means to be a filly scout. Pretty much a cross between The Stare Master and Apple family reunion.   

• Brohoof 1

There are boy scouts and girl scouts in the real world, cub scouts from The Berenstein Bears, the My Little Pony universe should try Filly Scouts, with our beloved Cutie Mark Crusaders in tow. Not only should they sell cookies like girl scouts would do in the real world, but also do some of the things that would usually be done by boy scouts, such as first aid, pitch tents, handling nature like a boss, and being very brave. What do you guys think? Is this a good idea for the show?

An excellent idea indeed :D ; but perhaps we should try the Foal Scouts (the word before "Scouts" is usually one syllable anyway) and feature both Fillies and Colts. Or perhaps we could have an episode where we start off with the Filly Scouts and the Colt Scouts and have them unite into the Foal Scouts by the end of the episode. We Bronies and General Viewers should get the show's crew on board with this idea.

"Stay 'Pony' My Friends." ;)

• Brohoof 1

can spike join the philly scouts?

If ever he did get to join, then he should be called a dragon scout, or something.  :lol:

I can already imagine an episode script if ever this (filly scouts thing) was a big thing. First, the episode will start off with Rarity commending the filly scouts for being so gentlemanly/respectful, etc. Spike witnesses this and makes multiple attempts to try and convince the filly scouts to let him join them, but isn't allowed since he isn't even a filly (plus maybe a couple of other mistakes and things from Spike's end). Then, the filly scouts encounter something they can't handle or solve for some reason. Meanwhile, Spike is on a side quest doing something important for himself. Spike then sees the filly scouts and their problem. Unfortunately Spike's side quest thing is of the same urgency as the filly scouts' predicament, and only one can be done and/or saved, etc. Spike also shows annoyance for the scouts, but their predicament is rather big. As the episode reaches its highest point, Spike contemplates his options frantically. Himself or the filly scouts? Eventually, he decides to put others before himself, and he comes in and helps them out, thus later granting himself a special place within the filly scouts. *Cue awarding of special filly scout badge with the words "dragon scout" in bold caps.* 

The episode could even have Twilight popping in at random times within the episode just so that the writers can have her write that letter to Celestia in the end. "Dear princess Celestia, today I learned that no matter what you look like, or what you may be, you can still ..etc etc." 

..I just noticed, but this is kinda similar to the storyline of S3E11, when Spike had to take care of all of the mane 6's pets.  :muffins:

Edited by Kro;re
  • Brohoof 2