Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Shadow, Never More: A Ponies Tale. Chapter 1: Dark Corners of the Earth.

(OOC thread = LINK)

I don’t know what I saw. It could’ve been anything. All I know, is that it was real. They talked to me, tried to convert me, pull me in. But I resisted. I ran away from that cave as far as I could, but then the ground started trembling. I was scared and my hoofs were shaking. I saw things. Things that nopony have ever seen before.

He told me his name. Miseria. Just trying to pronounce it was like trying to drink hot chili sauce. I felt like my throat was burning. He told me that what I’ve glimpsed upon, was what lied in the dark corners of the earth.

He told me that he’s coming. He’s going to shroud our minds in confusion and hatred. And he will not stop until we’re all his minions of evil.

We.. must.. stop him!

The royal guards had begun to start gathering in the Canterlot Castle courtyard. The vile wind was heavy and the cold air made most of them clap their hoofs together. They were standing in bare snow, and had been doing so for days. Ever since the winter had come by, un-expectantly, they had all been ordered to patrol through Ponyville, keeping their eyes and ears open for anyone, and anything.

After a short while, one of the guards, a young unicorn named Dull Blade, stepped forward onto the wooden platform in the middle of the courtyard, overlooking the majority of the guards. He held a white letter in a blue beam.

“Fellow guardsmen. I know these are harsh times. Heck, if this damn winter won’t stop very soon, it’ll get the better of me, that’s for sure. But what I’m standing with, is a direct order from all three princesses. It has been told to me, that a group of ponies have been chosen to travel to the Einhorn Fortress, to investigate this new threat. We’ve been told to guard them along their way, and protect them to the best of our abilities. I will now listen the names of each of them.”

He then began to list a couple of names from the letter, without doing it in any particular order:

Evilena Rich!

(@)

Chipper!

(@)

Eclipse!

(@)

Roarke!

(@@repsol rave)

Kristofer Dollar Hooves!

(@)

Gloomfury!

(@@Gloomfury)

Moonlight Starshine!

(@)

He then folded the piece of paper and put it back inside the envelope, closing it, and putting it back in his satchel. He then turned to the guards, surrounding the platform.

“They will be here any minute for a quick briefing before they head out. I want the gates opened, the hot chocolate prepared and the equipment sorted. This is going to be a long trip.”

Edited by Guest

I noticed that it was getting time for me to head to the Canterlot Castle. Before I left home I had several things to do. I took two small suitcases and a bag from the basement. In the first suitcase I put a torch, a crossbow and some arrows. It was time to fill the second suitcase with things that had to remain secret until my trip was over. I went to the bedroom and opened my secret save. In this save there were seven things: a bottle filled with sulfuric acid, a sharp knife, a spell book, gloves, a wooden pentagram, a stone pyramid with an eye on top of it and a heart from a pony. I began to put those things in the suitcase one by one. No pony had to find out that I had those items but I had to keep them always with me, which is why the little suitcase was made from aluminum and you needed a key in order to open it. It was time for the bag. I filled it with some leather clothing and I threw in the key for the aluminum suitcase. I put on my leather jacket, took the suitcases and the clothes bag and left my house. 

I had to walk 1 kilometer until I reached my destination. The cold outside was cruel. My teeeth were chattering and I also had to watch out not to step into a hole, hidden by the snow. Forty minutes after I left home I managed to reach the the walls of the castle 
successfully without freezing to death or fall into a hole and luckily I wasn't late. The trip was really exhausting, which is why I sat down in the snow next to the gates, waiting for a guard to help me out with my luggage.

"Can somepony help me?!?" I asked loudly, hoping for assistance.

Within a few seconds, a royal guard came through the gate, packed in a large black coat, covering most of his armor. It seemed only his helmet and horn was visible. He then proceeded to salute Evilena with his left hoof, which he afterwards put down onto the ground again.

"Welcome to Canterlot. I hope the trip wasn't too difficult." He said with a smile on his face. "And who might you be?"

I sighed with relief and introduced myself to the individual standing in front of me. "My name is Evilena Rich. I was called here from the princess."

I put forward the normal suitcase and the bag of clothes and looked at the royal guard. "Can you help me carry those two things, please?" I asked with an exhausted look on my face. "The trip was really difficult for me actually."

Edited by TheWiseHippo