Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hard To find/odd Brushables

Flutter's lover <3

Since I was given a Glow in the Dark Zecora brushable. It got me thinking. Where can I find hard to find/odd brushables?

Specifically I'm looking for Trixie,Spitfire,Octavia,and maybe a couple other odd brushables, if the price is right.  I've looked on Toywiz and eBay....eBay being the more reasonably priced place.

Somewhere online is preferred. As I don't live in or near a big city that'd have a Wal-Mart, Hot Topic or Toys R Us.

and what other odd brushables have you come across?

Since I was given a Glow in the Dark Zecora brushable. It got me thinking. Where can I find hard to find/odd brushables?

Specifically I'm looking for Trixie,Spitfire,Octavia,and maybe a couple other odd brushables, if the price is right.  I've looked on Toywiz and eBay....eBay being the more reasonably priced place.

Somewhere online is preferred. As I don't live in or near a big city that'd have a Wal-Mart, Hot Topic or Toys R Us.

I'm not an expert on brushables but i believe there is a Shadowbolt Rainbow Dash exclusive at Toy's R Us.  Some one once told me that it was similar to Zecora, being a hard to find and all.

http://www.toysrus.com/buy/her-universe/my-little-pony-rainbow-dash-as-shadowbolt-a5297-20876386

Spitfire and Octavia aren't available as brushables , only as vinyl figures. You can always try to see if the big box stores like walmart have it available online. I wanna say they've moved on to a new brushable wave though.  Amazon might be cheaper

Should've also mentioned I'm in Canada.

American Retailers such as Amazon, Wal-mart and Toys R Us don't ship to Canada. and the Canadian version generally sucks.

Though Toys R US Canada, had Shadowbolt Dash, but shipping was stupid high.

Is there a Canadian Toys R Us anywhere near you? May be worth a trip.

There is also a Trixie on sale at the Canadian Amazon for $17. Not the greatest bang for your buck but if you can't find it anywhere else then it may be worth it.

I am in Canada too and I know the feeling. Everytime I go to the Target, Walmart and ToysRus store near me they have a really crappy selection of MLPs. I don't have a choice but to get all my rare  ponies from EBAY eventhough I have to pay high shipping or wait for a month for the ponies to arrive.

(edited)

Is there a Canadian Toys R Us anywhere near you? May be worth a trip.

There is also a Trixie on sale at the Canadian Amazon for $17. Not the greatest bang for your buck but if you can't find it anywhere else then it may be worth it.

Nope.I live in the middle of nowhere,and about 2.5 hours from the nearest Toys R Us..

I actually managed to snag a Trixie brushable and Lyra brushable on eBay for less than $15 for the pair, with free shipping.

I am in Canada too and I know the feeling. Everytime I go to the Target, Walmart and ToysRus store near me they have a really crappy selection of MLPs. I don't have a choice but to get all my rare  ponies from EBAY eventhough I have to pay high shipping or wait for a month for the ponies to arrive.

Yea.our Target is the only one inthe area, andits selection of pony merch sucks. I usually resort to eBay. I can get stuff cheaper on eBay than Toywhiz usually too,Like the Trixie Brushable I got, $22 on Toywiz, I paid $9+Free shipping for mine.even if she is coming from china.but hey, free shipping! And their $12 Lyra,I paid $4 for her,also with free shipping. It'll take a month for them to get here,but for what I'm saving, it's worth it.

Edited by ~TGAP Trixie~
  • Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm just getting into the brushables and I was curious. Do they completely stop making the previous line when the new ones come out? Right now all I see are the Crystal Palace ones, but I saw a few of the ones with the tinsel hair at one Target I went to. I was hoping to pick up all the characters but it seems Crystal Palace only has the mane 6 and Sunset Shimmer.

There are a couple of good fan websites for finding the toys. The mlp arena website and the MLP trading post website are probably the two best in relation to the toy. It's a community for the collectors of the toys and please be aware that the sites are catered to all generation of MLP, it's not just FIM. But as far as looking for the toys and pony related things, it's the best place to find other collectors who buy/sell/trade pony items you can no longer find in store.

The My Little Pony Fair, collector convention is one of the best places to find anything related to the toy. This year the fair will be in Nashville. It's a convention for all Generations of MLP and usually you'll be able to find htf brushables there. I sold a bunch of the extra MIB FIM brushables last year at the fair.

Do you know who you are looking for? I still have some stock left of my extras but I haven't looked at the plastic container in a few months. I'll probably be taking them to the fair again this year to sell them.

I'm also a member at the trading post and arena, you can find me there. The great thing about those two websites that, as a member you can get feedback from other members on how good of a seller and trader you are. Kinda like ebay feedback, and they sorta have a section that keeps up with bad transactions, so you know who to avoid. They are forums, kinda like this one, but it's for all things MLP, not just FIM.

Thanks so much for the wealth of info! I'll be sure to check out those forums. What month is the fair in Nashville? If it's during the summer I can probably drive down there and make a weekend of it! I love road trips! :)

As for what I'm looking for, I'm basically trying to get one of each character that's been released. Since I'm just getting into it, I only have the ones that are currently available (mane 6, Sunset Shimmer, Celestia, Cadence, Luna, Dazzle Cake, Twirly Treats, Queen Chrysalis, Shining Armor, Diamond Tiara, Lyra Heartstrings, Lyrica Lilac, and Derpy).

So there's a super long list of previous releases that I'm looking for. I'm not picky about what series they are from, just hoping to get one of each of them. Highest on my list is Nightmare Moon from the 2012 Favorites Collection TRU exclusive but I just can't justify the $130 for the set people are asking on eBay. Yikes!  :o

Thanks so much for the wealth of info! I'll be sure to check out those forums. What month is the fair in Nashville? If it's during the summer I can probably drive down there and make a weekend of it! I love road trips! :)

As for what I'm looking for, I'm basically trying to get one of each character that's been released. Since I'm just getting into it, I only have the ones that are currently available (mane 6, Sunset Shimmer, Celestia, Cadence, Luna, Dazzle Cake, Twirly Treats, Queen Chrysalis, Shining Armor, Diamond Tiara, Lyra Heartstrings, Lyrica Lilac, and Derpy).

So there's a super long list of previous releases that I'm looking for. I'm not picky about what series they are from, just hoping to get one of each of them. Highest on my list is Nightmare Moon from the 2012 Favorites Collection TRU exclusive but I just can't justify the $130 for the set people are asking on eBay. Yikes!  :o

Yep, the fair is in the summer. It's July 12-13 weekend. You can find info: http://mylittleponycon.com/

The mlparena website also has a board on the forum for the fair (hopefully the link will work)

http://mlparena.com/index.php/board,187.0.html

but you can get an idea of what the fair is like and what to expect. It is all generation MLP so you'll see everything MLP. :)

Yay! Already planning my trip. Thanks again so much for the info. I'm already in the process of buying about a dozen of my missing ponies on MLP Arena. So much more reasonable than eBay and I feel good about supporting other fans in their collecting pursuits. :)

Agree with anyone who recommends MLP Arena. I've purchased quite a few ponies there and the users have always been really nice to me. The best thing to do is to make a wishlist in the "Wanted" section and people will come to you with offers a lot of the time. Or you can browse their "For Sale" or "Classifieds" sections.