Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Luna Drawing Digital Redux - My First Attempt At Drawing Software

lomk

So sometime last year, I made a drawing of Princess Luna. This occurred when my new favorite pony officially became Luna and I just decided I'd make a drawing of her. If you never saw it, here it is 

Before

post-6322-0-47655300-1360056408_thumb.jpg

So I decided I'd redo this one.

Information below (if you care to read about it)

But I wanted to try something new. I wanted to make her on my computer. Going in, I knew it wouldn't be the easiest thing to pick up. Especially considering I don't have a drawing tablet. But I downloaded MyPaint (I was looking for open source stuff since my checking account is about $12 in the red right now) and got to work. The first thing I had to do was remove all the color. Sounds simple enough, but it took me the better of 8 hours to do that. I worked on this from 5 pm to 2 am yesterday. And today I worked on it from the time I woke up at 9 am until now (it's about 1 pm in my time). That was the longest I've ever worked on something like this, but I really like the way it came out. Especially considering this was my first time to use software to make fan art.

The biggest advantage of using software was that I could use a color palette and get her colors spot on instead of having to guess from a limited assortment of colored pencils lol

After

post-6322-0-45708600-1389552567_thumb.png

At the end of the day, I'm very satisfied with how well this came out. 

Anyway, lemme know what y'all think :squee:

Edited by Woonatic
  • Brohoof 2