Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

lomk

So...I've decided that my favorite pony is Luna! Yes, I love Fluttershy, but she's officially been moved to #2 on my list to make room for Luna! 

There are a few reasons why I've really come to like Luna. Primarily because I feel that I could best be emotionally vulnerable with Luna. And I also have a tendency to talk a little too loud. I have a habit of using my football stadium voice in a room no bigger than 8 by 10 feet. 

But I don't know what really changed my mind. All I know now is that I freaking LOVE Luna! And I know I can really relate to Luna in many ways. And then there are also those times where I just want to give Luna a hug!

I could go on all day about why I like Luna. But it's late now. So here's my fan art :)

I just used a pencil to freehand the original lines, solidified them with a Sharpie, and then I just colored it in with colored pencils. It's nothing special. I'm no professional. This is really just a hobby I do when inspiration hits me. And that happens only every once in a blue moon. I've never taken any lessons. I know there are problems with it. The eyes aren't the same size, my lines a little heavier in areas, and so forth. I don't mind constructive criticism, but until I get to the point where I want to take some lessons in freehanding, this is real probably as good as it gets for me. But I love it! And it's going to bring me smiles!

Because when Luna smiles, I smile! :) I hope everypony likes it!

post-6322-0-47655300-1360056408_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 3

I'd say that this is a good drawing for me. But then again, I say every drawing is nice. I dunno really. This is probably because of my terrible drawing skills even with a pen and paper. >.< That's why I stick to digital art. (which isn't very dynamic either...)

But seriously, I like it! Keep it up. :P

• Brohoof 1

WOOOOOOOOOOOOONA! /)^3^(\ And yes i wuv the night! xD :3

Anyways, the drawing. It's pretty damn adorable; 10/10 would huggle xP

It doesn't seem completely accurate to the show's depiction of Luna, but screw it that just means that you have a unique and personal style, which I really like.

Speaking of your individual style, this is also very unique because you have the simplistic, few-color style of the show which I wuv, but you have the shaded effect from it being a drawing, which adds a cool and memorable touch.\

Have a /)

@,

I would like to go digital, but I don't really have the money to afford the stuff with which to do it. I've always wondered what it's like to draw on a tablet, though...

@,

Isn't that the core of art? :) I love to draw although I'm not really all that good with it. Most of the better people I know could do something like this in 20 minutes. This took me 4 hours!  :P  I do a pretty good job of abusing abusing my erasers when I do something like this! And I actually started out going for accuracy but after a while I said screw it and that's when I started working on her eyes. I thought I should do anime eyes since anime girls usually have the most adorable eyes! I kinda grew up on anime. Pokemon, Dragonball Z, Naruto, InuYasha, Fullmetal, Code Geass, Bleach, etc  :D  so anime eyes are just easiest for me to do! 

Anyway, you guys are the best! Thanks for the encouragement! :)

• Brohoof 1