Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Amazing Atheist Discussion

Markz, take a deep breath and let it out. It's okay- we get that you are very passionate. Please don't lose your temper. It's not becoming. 

lol I'm actually calm and collective over the screen by the way. I'm not fuming or red in the face. I'm just saying it like it is.

Another Debate?!

IT IS ON!

post-15723-0-25404100-1390127298.gif

That sound respectable to you?

This has been discussed about TJ and also applies to Dawkins, same reason I respect TJ view but not his execution, Dawkins is way more professional than TJ and ism ore appealing to the Atheist Community.

Is it also respectable to insult a young girl for believing in a creator......who created mathematics, scientific law, time, space and matter...You know a blue print for life

The creator (in this case, God) could not have created maths because the Greeks (who believed in Zeus & such) had a better understanding of maths than christians at the time. The Greeks had the use the old numeral system (I, II, III, IV, V, VI) That system is slow and primitive, the roman numerals are hard to work with, but they still beat the rest of the world in maths.

Till today it is unknown if Math is universal or a creation of man to understand the world. (lets avoid philosophy) 

Scientific Law dis-approves the existence of god... why would god create something that dis-proves him? 

Time and space are 4 of the 11 dimensions (and they're the only 4 dimensions known to man) God's view of space was limited and The Bible views the world/space as a limited place (flat earth theory) but science proved space is forever expanding equally in all 3 physical dimensions (a sphere shape)

Instead of saying it came from no where? Is it also respectable to say "pasta monster" like it's some creative meme?

e]

Why do creationists think we atheists think that the world came from nowhere?.

Here's the widely accepted theory of the universe:

The world has always been and will always be, the universe didn't appear out of nowhere, it came from the big bang.

WARNING EGGHEAD STUFF (about the big bang)

The name big bang is misleading... the world didn't EXPLODE into existence but "expanded" from a collapse point.

Space expands equally everywhere (the only shape to do this is a sphere) so the world is a sphere... but we do not live IN the sphere we live ON it... (mind boggling) and the sphere is expanding in all directions.... but eventually it will have to stop expanding and collapse into itself.

It's nasty because in the end everything in the universe will be crushed together into a single point... then it will expand again.

(this goes on and on and on and on)

Its like blowing up a balloon and the world exists on the balloon... then the balloon deflates then blows up again.

(its sad to know that our world will come to an end like this (according to science)) 

Edited by SwigglySwiggly

I guess I won't understand his logic. He thinks that rape is the worst crime imaginable, but he publishes books with words like that, I seriously think he is not making any sense at all.

He thinks rape is a terrible crime, but he doesn't think that it's necessarily the worst crime, he talks about it in this video if you're interested.

Feminist, he will only go after the militant ones. yet he supports matriarchy, which I find strange 

When did he ever say that he supports a "matriarchy"? 

I hate evolution it has killed almost 2 billion people in the 20th and 21st century. 

Creation and Evolution ironically are all proof of intelligent design. 

much true. very fact. wow.

Edited by Hansel

Pokemon being "evolution propaganda"...Wow this thread derailed fast.

I gotta say, shit hit the proverbial fan in this thread pretty quickly. I'm actually kind of impressed.

• Brohoof 1

@@TheMarkz0ne,

The thing i found amusing is that, nobody ask in the first place if you were christian or not, I personally don't care what or who you believe you are as long as you are respectful and don't shove down your beliefs on a matter that wasn't ask in the first place.

Am not saying you cant use religion arguments, but the problem i find is that  the first thing you said is "Am a christian" what does that even mean to begin whit? we are talking about a person who as some obscure videos about Rape, are you saying that if you are christian you understand better a rape victim? or that you believe yourself more knowledgeable because you are a christian? I mean i just don't get why you start a post whit that phrase to begin whit.

As for the rest of the stuff you mention, let me ask some questions, why are you so obsess on proving your religion is the truth? are you really that insecure on what you believe in that you are willing to go to such extends to prove a point to everyone that you watch hours and hours of videos about religion/evolution/atheist/etc etc just to try and prove that god exist? Why? if your fate is strong enough then no matter what anyone else say it shouldn't bother you what someone else say's about religion but to me it seems it does, not only on this post but in several hive seen you posting about the issue over and over.

At some points you make somewhat good points and then on other you sound like a conspiracy nut, pokemon being a evolution propaganda? really? why because pokemon evolve to be stronger? what's the point of saying that? are you in the same boat as those who say that pokemon is the instrument of the devil or something? isn't that somethings that's been indoctrinated on to you or what? i just don't understand why you would make such arguments to be honest.

There are other animes that propagate evil stuff a lot more that i would consider more harmful to the church than pokemon, Some examples, Hellsing Ultimate, DBZ, etc etc, yet the thing that gets religion in a bunch is POKEMAN? really? damn, ups I'm sorry i meant Dang.

Don't get me wrong i don't hate you or you religion i just don't follow/believe in religion, if the god did truly give us free will, i don't see why he would be mad in the first place if i don't follow hes teachings, if he did, then wouldn't that be call free will but rather enslavement, on the threat if you don't follow me you will be punish for eternity, I'm sorry but i don't see hows that free will to begin whit.

Another thing bringing quotes from the bible is foolish in a debate, simple cause everything can be use out of context and be used, the same way you can bring the bible to show that god is merciful and calm, a lot of the quotes can be bring to show otherwise, you say evolution as kill millions of people, I'm sorry but hasn't religion done the same whit crusades/wars/God Giving the land back to hes people/etc etc.

Forgive me if i sound insulting, but that's how I view things from a religious point, since i come from a strong religious family and personally i have study the bible as well, there is a lot of thing the both religious people and atheist make mistakes when doing a debate and I'm guilty of that at some points, but sometimes we let our fanaticism get the better of us in a "debate" and when we feel threaten we start using someone else' work and not our own beliefs in the end, Am I an atheist? yes, do i believe religion should be banish? no, why? cause it brings peace to a lot of people who search for a meaning on life, do i agree whit it? no, but that's not up to me to decide someone else's belief based on my own.

If i did then i wouldn't be any better than the thing i don't believe in the first place.

Edited by Dark Heart

Honestly, I usually enjoy the content he produces, but quiet often he can be pretty hypocritical. While this happens, I still like his videos and especially like his ranty way of discussing things, its entertaining, and that's probably one of the reasons why he has such a large amount of subscribers.

Edited by SkUnKzZ

No one has answered how he conducted himself in the video. 1/3 of Americans don't believe in a lie. That's actually great. At least this country has one nail not fully banged it. People like TJ(his attitude and demeanor) are the reason why this country is being destroyed.

There were atheist back in the constitutional era of the US. Did they get the looks and were called morons? Yeah they were, but at least they weren't the people that some new atheism crowd is. 

New atheism is a militant movement to have everyone live in a secular world and change morals and standards. in fact that's actually degrading. TJ has every right out of his own God given free will to hate the Bible and hate anyone he wants. However he actually needs to study what REAL christianity is. I will point out his ignorance.

He thinks the Bible says the Earth is flat, here's a refutation.

Isaiah 40:21-22

21 Have ye not known? have ye not heard?
hath it not been told you from the beginning?
have ye not understood from the foundations of the earth?
22 It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth,
and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers;
that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain,
and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

Also another one of his claims was the whole "separation of church and state" being in the bill of rights. That's actually wrong. If he knew the things Thomas Jefferson did. It was never in the bill of rights, it's non canon, it's not a legal legislation. It's Jefferson's letter and his opinions of the matter, sent to Danbury Baptists.

http://www.loc.gov/loc/lcib/9806/danpre.html

Jefferson also tore the miracles of Lord Jesus Christ out of the Bible. 

it's things like that. TJ will harass and call Christians bigots for not "keeping up with the times" and giving something else a chance. Yet in the meanwhile he knows nothing about Christianity, let alone the founding fathers and the original United States and how it functioned.

Edited by TheMarkz0ne

He thinks the Bible says the Earth is flat, here's a refutation.

Galileo was imprisoned for life and died in prison because he proposed the round earth theory. The Catholics were the ones who imprisoned him for proposing his now proven theory (Christianity hasn't branched off Catholicism at this time period)

New atheism is a militant movement to have everyone live in a secular world and change morals and standards.

There are nice atheists and nasty atheists, just like Christianity has nice churches and bad churches (Westboro Baptist church). Both sides are guilty

• Brohoof 2

this topic didn't boil down to a mess though, it was a fair debate

It kind of boiled down to a mess when the No True Scotsman came up in a completely serious manner.