Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Amazing Atheist Discussion

I was just curious if there are any people here who take the guy seriously? It seems as though half of his content contradicts itself. It's astounding that so many people praise his views and opinions like they are logic gold, despite the fact that he has engaged in many logical fallacies and said many things that make him quite a disgusting human being.

His most common of course being victim blaming which seems to occur a lot in his books, specifically rape victims which he certainly takes the term "rape joke" to a level where I don't really think anyone would think is funny. To exert a very famous quote of his:

Rape isn't fatal. So imagine my indignation when I saw a chatroom called "Rape Survivors." Is this supposed to impress me? Someone fucked you when you didn't want to be fucked and you're amazed that you survived? Unless he used a chainsaw instead of his dick, what's the big deal? ... The word survivor applies to people who are alive after being stabbed 73 times with an ice pick or mauled by rabid wolverines, not to a woman who gets dick when she doesn't want it. Just because you got raped, you have to rape the English language? You vindictive bitch! Also, don't you ever get tired of being the victim? How many failed relationships are you going to blame on a single violation of your personal space?

It seems to completely ignore the fact that rape is a violent crime, and many rape victims are killed right after being raped.

This is quite strange because in later videos he seems to speak of rape as if it is the worst crime imaginable, yet he sells books with the above messages in them.

What are your thoughts on this fine gentleman?

I guess I won't understand his logic. He thinks that rape is the worst crime imaginable, but he publishes books with words like that, I seriously think he is not making any sense at all.

He should know that failed relationships are not the cause of victims getting raped, sometimes they are raped by random strangers in the street. I call it exaggerating nonsense, where he makes a joke about rape victims.

Making jokes about rape victims, really? They are the ones who are suffering, what a freaking idiot.

He as good views... but he executes them like... crazy bat shit.

I agree that some of his views are positive and that his nature does not invalidate being right in some regards. However he more or less doesn't have any "views" he just states popular views to sprinkle over his terrible ones to try and trick people into swallowing those pills with it. He goes on to say universally regarded statements as if they mean anything, even if he contradicts them later:

"Rape is bad"

"People deserve not be killed for no reason"

Etc. Then he squeezes in some of his terrible ideas with it.

Big Amazing Atheist fan here. Some of the stuff he says is stupid, but in general he's absolutely hilarious and usually has some good points. 

This has to be one of my favorite YouTube videos ever 

Edited by Rivendare
  • Brohoof 1

His points are essentially 'good'.  But the reason why he executes them is because he's just another YouTube attention whore.  Who doesn't want to hear a fat guy yell about controversial topics?

I regard him more as a form of comedy, rather than one that should be taken seriously or even quoted for that matter.

• Brohoof 1

I will state what I think aside from the fact i'm a Christian. OK now I used to like TJ Kirk when I was 14-17. I was hooked on his channel  back when he was small and not known, like back in 2008 during the whole 2008 bailout scam and the Viacom-Gate on Google.

I was into TJ back then because I used to be an an agnostic, but only supported his political views. TJ back then was at least real, his videos felt genuine. He put real emotion into his videos. He also didn't have to cuss like a sailor or belittle people who believed in God or a god to be funny.

My issue with him from the view of 20 year old. Is that he is a fraud and a sellout. nothing else to it, he is the same guy as Richard Dawkins. Nothing more than a bully who goes after Christians and patriarchs. The guy also was caught stealing money from his fans. Because his daddy boss Google was delaying his royalty check. He said he would pay his fans back. Whether or not he did, I don't know.

He also tried e-begging for a top of the line PC about 3 years ago. TJ has some smarts on him. I only believe and know that he would actually make a great politician if he changed his liberal mentality. He can be forgiven for everything he did. But I got to say it like it is. The guy is a bully, I'm shocked he has been able to stay relevant with over 500k subs after all these years

His opinion for denying intelligent design is simply childish. Calling the fake Christian god(the white bearded zeus guy) a magic man.

That's not how the Creator(Jesus Christ) should be viewed. 

Pros

I think he is only smart when it comes to his political views. Sure he's liberal. But I'd rather him in the senate than anyone we have know. As long as he doesn't carrying out his militant atheism and force Christians to suffer anything.

He can be funny, but most of the time it's for the wrong reasons 

cons 

He is a bully, troll and sells the same book over and over again

There is no flavor or sincerity in his videos anymore 

This was an objective view of him. Because I used to love his videos.

Edited by TheMarkz0ne
  • Brohoof 1

I agree with most of his opinions, especially those regarding religion and feminism.   He's smart and knows how to get views, which is his income, and I would do the same thing if I was in his shoes. 

Somepony gets raped every 2 minutes, and nowhere near that amount are actually killed, so his point stands, but I personally think he took this to far, it was not nessesary to say those things.  It's true that some rape victums like to latch onto that for personal benefit, but most rape victums have a hard time letting go and forgviving what had happened to them.  There really is no reason not to, I mean it's not forgiving the person who actually raped you, but it's allowing yourself peace that counts.  And when he talks about this persons failed relationships, I'm assuming this is a girl, and it's a mans job to keep a woman attracted to him, so it was likely the mans fault, not hers.    Speaking of relationships, his advice about those suck, don't listen to him. 

All in all, he's solid, but he does have stupid adds in his videos, and now-a-days he tends to drag on and on about less contraversial things.  It's starting to feel more like a celebraty gossip channel. 

back in 2008

I'd just like to point out, the exert from his book I posted was made in 2007 and he started writing it earlier than that.

I think he is only smart when it comes to his political views.

Are you sure about that? He sees rape as a justifiable form of punishment as he does with murder. He states in one video that one of the only reasons he doesn't kill people is because there are social repercussions that come if you do so. He advocates death and killing under many circumstances and has expressed we should extend policies that make killing okay in several instances where it is definitely an overreaction.

I'd just like to point out, the exert from his book I posted was made in 2007 and he started writing it earlier than that.

Are you sure about that? He sees rape as a justifiable form of punishment as he does with murder. He states in one video that one of the only reasons he doesn't kill people is because there are social repercussions that come if you do so. He advocates death and killing under many circumstances and has expressed we should extend policies that make killing okay in several instances where it is definitely an overreaction.

Alright my apologies. of course rape is never justified. I was only talking about my personal view on him. I' not going to call him a pseudo-intellectual. I believe that is a low blow. He never talks about evolution in his videos. There's only scientific undertones in his videos. He is very trash like and I only liked him because I was 14 and kids like to here some retard cuss and yell in front of a camera. It's no different than people like Silent Rob(Lesiuresuitgaming2) and Armake21.

TJ's placebo to fame is his hatred of religion. I hate religion as well. It's a lame and feeble excuse to take out God

Edited by TheMarkz0ne

Alright my apologies. of course rape is never justified. I was only talking about my personal view on him. I' not going to call him a pseudo-intellectual. I believe that is a low blow. He never talks about evolution in his videos. There's only scientific undertones in his videos. He is very trash like and I only liked him because I was 14 and kids like to here some retard cuss and yell in front of a camera. It's no different than people like Silent Rob(Lesiuresuitgaming2) and Armake21.

Calling him a pseudo-intellectual would imply that anything he says sounds intelligent. A lot of his "fans" engage in a huge amount of back pedaling to defend his views and their support for them. When I spoke with someone who was a die hard fan and I pointed out how his books trivialize rape and make it out to be as a form of punishment and how he blames the victim contradicts his claims of how rape is "terrible". Their response was that the books are "old" and no longer support his current views. When I stated that the books are still sold though, he argued that "if people want to see his outdated views, that's their choice", however if you no longer supported those views, would you not wish for people to buy your new books with a more accurate portrayal of your views? It's just non-stop backpedaling.

Calling him a pseudo-intellectual would imply that anything he says sounds intelligent. A lot of his "fans" engage in a huge amount of back pedaling to defend his views and their support for them. When I spoke with someone who was a die hard fan and I pointed out how his books trivialize rape and make it out to be as a form of punishment and how he blames the victim contradicts his claims of how rape is "terrible". Their response was that the books are "old" and no longer support his current views. When I stated that the books are still sold though, he argued that "if people want to see his outdated views, that's their choice", however if you no longer supported those views, would you not wish for people to buy your new books with a more accurate portrayal of your views? It's just non-stop backpedaling.

I'm glad we can come to some common ground after some scuffles we have had =) But I believe we all have something to offer. TJ Kirk is just an attention whore and someone who has a very strange sense of reality. He has of course taken advantage of hot topics in the past. Like Alex Jones vs Piers Morgan. TJ Kirk will go after the following crowd 

Christians, only because of losers and fakes like the westboro baptist church, Harold Camping and street preachers who are nasty.

Feminist, he will only go after the militant ones. yet he supports matriarchy, which I find strange 

conspiracy theorist, 9/11 truth, loose change. He uses "tinfoil hat comments, like those aren't older than my dad!

Overall his views are generalized. I find him to be double-minded and unsure of himself. He has over 500k subs and those seeds will be planted and grown

He uploaded a video on Evolution recently

Yeah but look what he did. He implies people who deny evolution are a waste of space. I hate evolution it has killed almost 2 billion people in the 20th and 21st century. You can refute it without using the Bible. But back to the topics at hand. He is someone who will belittle people. TJ will never actually commend a creation scientist for their discoveries.

I believe evolution should be taught. I believe in freedom of choice and religion. Creation and Evolution ironically are all proof of intelligent design. In fact TJ in the past has really gotten angry and upset over theistic evolutionist.

Don't you find it fishy friend, that the government will forbid creation and fund and force evolution? It's a sleezy trick that can be used on anything." We will only teach this, oh but that other thing. You're a retard and not worth your weight for believing that nonsense."

• Brohoof 2

I'm glad we can come to some common ground after some scuffles we have had =)

Why wouldn't I? I do not disagree with someone simply because I do not like them, I disagree because I feel they are wrong. I wouldn't deny you speaking the truth simply because I don't like you. I mean personally I don't even know you, so my opinion of you is neutral. I disagree with some of your views, but that doesn't mean I can not admit when you are right about something. To do something like that would be to be an ignorant moron.

The AA is basically a living stereotype

Yeah but look what he did. He implies people who deny evolution are a waste of space. I hate evolution it has killed almost 2 billion people in the 20th and 21st century. 

Actually, it didn't. Some people used evolution to justify murder, but that does not make evolution false or evil. Evolution has not motivated anyone into murder.

Christianity has been used to justify murder of many, many more. Does that make Christianity evil? No, it doesn't.

Edited by Static Electricity
  • Brohoof 2

Yeah but look what he did. He implies people who deny evolution are a waste of space

He's exaggerating. He takes points and exaggerates them for comedic effect.

I hate evolution it has killed almost 2 billion people in the 20th and 21st century. You can refute it without using the Bible.

lol

Don't you find it fishy friend, that the government will forbid creation and fund and force evolution? It's a sleezy trick that can be used on anything." We will only teach this, oh but that other thing. You're a retard and not worth your weight for believing that nonsense."

What government "forbids creation (which I assume you mean creationism)"? Definitely not the United States, or pretty much any country in the world.

Edited by Rivendare
  • Brohoof 2

Honestly, I don't care how we got here. People seem to forget the evolution is only explaining where human life came from and the life of current species. Not where life originated. Those are different theories altogether.

That being said I have never sided with creation or the organic soup model. Both have flaws and I think there is not enough information available to make an educated choice on which makes more sense at this current time.

conspiracy theorist, 9/11 truth, loose change. He uses "tinfoil hat comments, like those aren't older than my dad!

...Maybe because those theories are complete nonsense?

The AA is basically a living stereotype

Actually, it didn't. Some people used evolution to justify murder, but that does not make evolution false or evil. Evolution has not motivated anyone into murder.

Christianity has been used to justify murder of many, many more. Does that make Christianity evil? No, it deosn't.

Actually very true. But Christians never did such a thing. Authentic Christianity died around the 3rd or 4th century AD. It had revival in the 1500-1800s. Here's the catch and a very crafty trick. I want you to Google "the Jesuits" you will see what those men did. Essentually TJ will never tell the truth. How the Catholic Church essentially became the Neo-Roman Empire. Rome never fell. In short the Jesuis created the Bavarian Illuminati, which was later killed off. but the Jesuits have a branch of secret societies that stem back from Sumerian-Babylon to the Merovigians.

The Jesuits 

The 2nd Knight's Templar. The originals were killed off by the pope Phillip Clement over the Templar becoming more powerful than the papacy, they were replaced with another set 

Knights of Malta 

Knights of Mossad

Bavarian Illuminati 

Freemasons, the 33rd degree ones. Not the local down the street masons

Aton Lavey's satanic cult

The list goes on

The Jesuits actually funded Erasmus Darwin who was a freemason 

http://freemasonry.bcy.ca/biography/darwin_e/darwin_e.html

Charles stole his grandfathers theory and never gave him credit 

Also Haeckel's embryology fraud which was caught and exposed by his secular university NOT Creationist. yet his views are being taught as truth in textbooks

http://www.wnd.com/2001/07/9926/

Edited by TheMarkz0ne

Yeah but look what he did. He implies people who deny evolution are a waste of space. I hate evolution it has killed almost 2 billion people in the 20th and 21st century. You can refute it without using the Bible. But back to the topics at hand. He is someone who will belittle people. TJ will never actually commend a creation scientist for their discoveries.

If you mean Creation Scientists, like Ray Comfort or John Pendleton then your argument is invalid. How is any of their stuff even science? its all bs.

But if you meant Scientists who are Creationist, like Newton and Einstein (Einstein was a deist). Those scientists made discoveries to get a better understand of this world, not to prove their religion.

• Brohoof 1

If you mean Creation Scientists, like Ray Comfort or John Pendleton then your argument is invalid. How is any of their stuff even science? its all bs.

But if you meant Scientists who are Creationist, like Newton and Einstein (Einstein was a deist). Those scientists made discoveries to get a better understand of this world, not to prove their religion.

I feel this is an important thing to remember. Scientific experiments should be conducted to prove or disprove a hypothesis. This is a problem with a lot of "science". The "scientists" are not out to find the truth, but instead conduct experiments until they find ones that prove they are right, and ignore ones that would prove them wrong.